• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cap or big $$$ reason cuts

Reaction score
will JP get cut? We have so much $$$ sunk onto the LB position if they don't work something out with him and or Lofa Hill is gone. Who knows the cap hit on Branch for 09 if we cut him.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
forgot to add if anyone thinks someone else will be a cap casualty. The GM killed this team putting so much money at LB and RB :roll:

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Cap doesn't exist after 2009. So if they can structure Hill's contract to be heavier on the long run, they should be ok. I don't think they will cut JP.

Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt they will cut Branch. He, like the rest of the team, has been injured. He has done very well in the past few weeks, especially against the Patriots. He was a Super Bowl MVP, just give the guy some time to prove he is our #1 receiver if he hasn't already.

I'm positive Lofa and Peterson would help to keep Hill on the team. They aren't the type that are money hungry, like Josh Brown.

If I remember right, Peterson has the biggest contract on the team, money wise. At least that's what Madden 09 says.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
The GM killed this team putting so much money at LB

It was worth it. We have the best linebacker core in the league.

phaZe said:
If I remember right, Peterson has the biggest contract on the team, money wise. At least that's what Madden 09 says.

lol Are you sure? I thought it was Nate Burleson. Have you seen his contract on Madden?! If that's true then, I swear, he's the most overpaid wideout...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Lofa just signed his contract. As I recall, it was already structured for less than he could have gotten in Free Agency so the 'Hawks could sign Trufant.

Reaction score
Cole said:
SeahawkWag said:
The GM killed this team putting so much money at LB

It was worth it. We have the best linebacker core in the league.

phaZe said:

lol Are you sure? I thought it was Nate Burleson. Have you seen his contract on Madden?! If that's true then, I swear, he's the most overpaid wideout...

No Burleson has a huge contract on paper, but that was only to keep minnesota from signing him... There was a poison pill on there like If he plays more than 6 games in the state of minnesota then the whole contract is guaranteed. It's actually a much smaller contract disguised as a big contract.

Also On my franchise our highest paid players are Dwight Freeny and Anquan Boldin :D lol.

hawkman2420

Huddler
Reaction score
Actually Lofa did resign but he took a huge pay cut so the front office could resign Leroy as well. We had already resigned Tru at that point. And there is no way we would cut JP. That would just be crazy. And on the Branch subject, Super Bowl MVP or not he has been just about worthless for us. And don't forget we gave up a first rounder for him. I'm just glad he's had some decent games toward the end of this season so we might still be able to get something for him this off-season. And Nate is by far the most over paid wide-out in the NFL.That is all

Reaction score
hawkman2420 said:
Actually Lofa did resign but he took a huge pay cut so the front office could resign Leroy as well. We had already resigned Tru at that point. And there is no way we would cut JP. That would just be crazy. And on the Branch subject, Super Bowl MVP or not he has been just about worthless for us. And don't forget we gave up a first rounder for him. I'm just glad he's had some decent games toward the end of this season so we might still be able to get something for him this off-season. And Nate is by far the most over paid wide-out in the NFL.That is all

Do I really have to explain this again? The contract is dressed up to look like a 7 year 49 million dollar deal, but only 5.25 mill is guaranteed. I'm sure he's getting more than that, but yeah he's not overpaid at a glace it LOOKS like he is, but he's really not.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
hawkman2420 said:

Incorrect. We had franchised Trufant. Tatupu signed his contract on March 21, 2008. Trufant signed his on March 26, 2008.

C'mon folks. Google. It works. Really.

Top Bottom