• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

CBSSports.com Super Bowl predictions

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24680399/cbssportscom-super-bowl-xlix-predictions

Nothing interesting about what's in the article. The only thing interesting concerns what's not in it. Reality check for these dolts will come in February.

All because of the rarity of a repeat? LOL They went out of their way not to pick the Seahawks...hahaha

The one thing about something being rare is the times that break those odds wide open.

This team is solid top to bottom...PLEASE count us out. It only get's them pumped up.

Ruck the Faiders

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
All because of the rarity of a repeat? LOL They went out of their way not to pick the Seahawks...hahaha

The one thing about something being rare is the times that break those odds wide open.

This team is solid top to bottom...PLEASE count us out. It only get's them pumped up.

Ruck the Faiders

You bet because of the rarity of a repeat. Absolutely 100% positively so. Over time its been a very safe bet and since this is still preseason lots of time for injuries (among other things) to take their toll.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Difficult to repeat in the NFL in the modern era.

Mainly because Super Bowl winners lose a lot of key pieces from the previous season. The Seahawks didn't.

You also failed to mention the history of Super Bowl losers, which has a far longer and more problematic history than Super Bowl winners. But that didn't stop them from picking Denver several times. I think those dolts don't even realize history's more on the side of the Seahawks than it is Denver's.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score

Ruck the Faiders

I guess they think that history trumps the fact that top to bottom the Seahawks are just flat out the best team in football. By the way, the line on the Green Bay game is even. The Hawks were favored in every home game last year by at least 5 except for the Niners game and were favored in 15 out of the 16 games. It seems like more than just the Mel Kipers and Skip Baylesses are on board the whole SB winner history BS.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Mainly because Super Bowl winners lose a lot of key pieces from the previous season. The Seahawks didn't.

You also failed to mention the history of Super Bowl losers, which has a far longer and more problematic history than Super Bowl winners. But that didn't stop them from picking Denver several times. I think those dolts don't even realize history's more on the side of the Seahawks than it is Denver's.

You ignore the probability of injuries to starters and the real drop off in play for most all replacements. You also ignore that Petey is now being gamed by every OC and DC and by the 6th week enough info will have been developed for the remaining opponents to fine tune their game against the Seahawks. On offense I guarantee Wilson gets more pressure and is made to stay in the pocket….more. Is it enough? Don't know….yet. On defense the league has already said they will call all the holding and illegal contact that Sherman and crew got away with last season. Will it be enough? Don't know…..yet. All predictions at this point are meaningless. People that picked Denver this season probably did so based upon Peyton at QB and the difficulty of repeating as SB champion. Your Seahawks WON the LAST SB so why not act like a winner rather than a perpetually offended fan of an always loser?;)

Idahawk

Reaction score
Rammy you've been painting a doom and gloom scenario for 2 years now , it's not going to happen man :)

After we destroy Green Bay , will be back on top of this joke of a list anyway

Broncos ahead of Seahawks on some lists ...please

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
You ignore the probability of injuries to starters and the real drop off in play for most all replacements. You also ignore that Petey is now being gamed by every OC and DC and by the 6th week enough info will have been developed for the remaining opponents to fine tune their game against the Seahawks. On offense I guarantee Wilson gets more pressure and is made to stay in the pocket….more. Is it enough? Don't know….yet. On defense the league has already said they will call all the holding and illegal contact that Sherman and crew got away with last season. Will it be enough? Don't know…..yet. All predictions at this point are meaningless. People that picked Denver this season probably did so based upon Peyton at QB and the difficulty of repeating as SB champion. Your Seahawks WON the LAST SB so why not act like a winner rather than a perpetually offended fan of an always loser?;)

- "You ignore the probability of injuries to starters and the real drop off in play for most all replacements."
The Hawks are the deepest team in football so it will likely affect them less than other teams, not more. Injuries to starters is an excuse other teams with less depth use as a reason for losing, like Denver in the Super Bowl for example. Probability of injuries to starters affect every team, which is why the team with the best odds in the league right now to win the Super Bowl are being given only a 20% chance. That team happens to be the Seahawks.

- "You also ignore that Petey is now being gamed by every OC and DC and by the 6th week enough info will have been developed for the remaining opponents to fine tune their game against the Seahawks."
Jeez, it's taken the league this long to figure out a game plan for stopping the Seahawks? In reality the book has been out on the Seahawks for a long time. Executing it is a different matter. It requires having the talent to match up with them, something most teams don't have. The plan has been in place to keep Wilson in the pocket for a while now. Most teams can't do it, and the ones who have managed it discovered that Wilson can hurt them from the pocket too.

- "On defense the league has already said they will call all the holding and illegal contact that Sherman and crew got away with last season"
No one ever said that. The league never called out the Seahawks specifically on the emphasis. That's your own skewered spin on it. And if that was the plan, they must have forgotten about it because the Seahawks were at the bottom of the league in getting flagged for illegal contact, defensive holding and PI throughout the preseason.

- "People that picked Denver this season probably did so based upon Peyton at QB and the difficulty of repeating as SB champion." The same Peyton who got totally facerolled by the Seahawk defense in the Super Bowl? THAT Peyton Manning? That was likely the best defense Peyton has faced throughout his career. He'll have to up his game a notch from last year to justify that line of reasoning. And like I said, the "history" angle holds no water. The same people using that as a reason for picking against the Hawks are picking Denver, the team that lost the Super Bowl, so history is more against them than it is the Seahawks. Those guys are too dumb to realize it though that they are countering their own logic by picking Denver.

I got no problem with people picking against the Seahawks. But they gotta come up with something better than "because they won it last year." There's just ZERO cause and effect at all. That's just friggin stupid.
You wanna know what might keep the Hawks out this year? I'll tell you. If the O-line is problematic, that could be an issue. Tate's receiving numbers will be easily replaced but they might miss his punt return game and field position superiority they had game in and game out last season. If Lynch goes down that could conceivably be a problem but obviously the Hawks aren't worried about it because they were ready to ride it out without him.

There are two teams in the NFC that can match the Seahawks as far as talent and personnel goes. The Saints and maybe Green Bay. Those two teams could give the Hawks a run for it this year. Other than that, there's really nobody right now.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Rammy you've been painting a doom and gloom scenario for 2 years now , it's not going to happen man :)

After we destroy Green Bay , will be back on top of this joke of a list anyway

Broncos ahead of Seahawks on some lists ...please

Not entirely. I was aboard from the NFC championship through the super bowl. I have been surprised at Wilson's play most of all. The roster moves since Petey arrived have been above average if not superior. To repeat as consecutive champions takes so many things going your way including Lady Luck. Still wouldn't overlook the division and such talk as re'Pete' tends to further such mentality.;)

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
-

I got no problem with people picking against the Seahawks. But they gotta come up with something better than "because they won it last year." There's just ZERO cause and effect at all. That's just friggin stupid.
You wanna know what might keep the Hawks out this year? I'll tell you. If the O-line is problematic, that could be an issue. Tate's receiving numbers will be easily replaced but they might miss his punt return game and field position superiority they had game in and game out last season. If Lynch goes down that could conceivably be a problem but obviously the Hawks aren't worried about it because they were ready to ride it out without him.

There are two teams in the NFC that can match the Seahawks as far as talent and personnel goes. The Saints and maybe Green Bay. Those two teams could give the Hawks a run for it this year. Other than that, there's really nobody right now.

Oh I've given much more than simply saying because they won last year. I mentioned injuries in particular and you then say the Seahawks have such great depth…..then you use injuries as an excuse!

As for the Saints the Rams handled them easily last season and in the recent past too. The Rams destroyed the Colts last season….a team the Seahawks lost to….and the Rams did it with a back up QB. AZ beat the Seahawks in Seattle and 49ers still match up favorably so with 6 division games of that caliber the Ws might be there but at what price? It all goes into mix when looking at the rePete.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Oh I've given much more than simply saying because they won last year. I mentioned injuries in particular and you then say the Seahawks have such great depth…..then you use injuries as an excuse!

As for the Saints the Rams handled them easily last season and in the recent past too. The Rams destroyed the Colts last season….a team the Seahawks lost to….and the Rams did it with a back up QB. AZ beat the Seahawks in Seattle and 49ers still match up favorably so with 6 division games of that caliber the Ws might be there but at what price? It all goes into mix when looking at the rePete.

We were the 12th most injured team in 2013...and we still won the SB. Now what?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

12th most? Slightly above average. So what. What matters is who was injured and when. Again there's more than injuries that can affect team play. In '99 the Rams lost their starting QB in preseason who had never started an NFL game….and won the Super Bowl. Lose Wilson this thursday and the Seahawks rePete?:rolleyes: I agree with BW's examples. It's a long season.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Lose Wilson this thursday and the Seahawks rePete?:rolleyes:

Sure, why not? They just replace a game manager with another game manager, right? Wilson didn't carry the team, Lynch did. According to you. So if he goes down, the Seahawks still prevail, unlike if say, Peyton Manning went down or Aaron Rodgers.
And exactly where did I use injuries as an excuse? Dumbest comment you've made yet. And believe me, that's saying something. First off, they haven't lost a game. So no "excuse" needed. And the only thing pertaining to injuries I mentioned relating to the Seahawks involved Lynch. Followed it up with the fact that the Seahawks aren't worried about Lynch going down. So in actuality I did just the OPPOSITE of using injuries as an excuse. Jeez man, why do I even bother.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
You know that superior depth I've been exaggerating about? Well, you know the main reason why the Seahawks blew Denver out of the water? Because of their depth. Their depth is vastly superior to Denver's. They were able to sustain the inevitable injury bug a lot better than the Broncos did. When the Hawks lost guys, there wasn't as much of a dropoff and the guys that stayed healthy had a lot more in the tank than Denver's players did. When KJ went down, they had Malcolm Smith. When they lost Browner, they had Walter Thurmond. When they lost Thurmond, it was Byron Maxwell. Ironically as the injury bug bit deeper into that position, it got better the farther down it went. They lose Sherman, they have Jeremy Lane or Tharold Simon and the LoB is still in pretty good shape with Kam, ET, and Maxwell. If Lynch goes down, they got Michael and Turbin. While Wagner sat this preseason, out pops Brock Coyle. It goes on and on.
Yeah, injuries could derail them but it would take an awful lot of injuries. Every component can be adequately replaced, except for maybe Wilson. No other team has that going on.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Lose Wilson this thursday and the Seahawks rePete?:rolleyes:

Sure, why not? They just replace a game manager with another game manager, right? Wilson didn't carry the team, Lynch did. According to you. So if he goes down, the Seahawks still prevail, unlike if say, Peyton Manning went down or Aaron Rodgers.
And exactly where did I use injuries as an excuse? Dumbest comment you've made yet. And believe me, that's saying something. First off, they haven't lost a game. So no "excuse" needed. And the only thing pertaining to injuries I mentioned relating to the Seahawks involved Lynch. Followed it up with the fact that the Seahawks aren't worried about Lynch going down. So in actuality I did just the OPPOSITE of using injuries as an excuse. Jeez man, why do I even bother.

You just contradicted yourself AGAIN in a following post! Your replacing a game manager wioth another game manager rant. On second thought there are degrees of excellence in game managing.:laugh:

Top Bottom