• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Christine Michael

Dave Sanchez

Huddler
Reaction score
What a disappointment, would've thought the 62nd pick of the draft would've been heavily utilized in the rb rotation by this time in the season. Turbin in my opinion, doesn't strike any fear into anybody when steps out on the field.

Reaction score
The only possible thing I could understand being disappointed about with Michael is how he's being used, and even that I don't have a problem with.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dave Sanchez

Huddler
Reaction score
Would've rather seen us take Terrance Williams or Keenan Allen with that pick. Your 2nd round pick has to be a guy who's going to be on the field making his presence felt.

Reaction score
Odds are those guys would have ended up on the practice squad and gotten snatched away like Chris Harper.

Reaction score
When you're a 13-3 team and your second round pick hasn't played much except for mop up duty, you're doing something right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Michael is a result and a victim of the ridiculous depth on this team.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
When you're a 13-3 team and your second round pick hasn't played much except for mop up duty, you're doing something right.

Talent-wise yes but salary cap management, no. 2nd round picks are paid to play.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Would've rather seen us take Terrance Williams or Keenan Allen with that pick. Your 2nd round pick has to be a guy who's going to be on the field making his presence felt.

Yes that is true. 2nd round picks are paid to play whereas 3-7 rounders are developmental, i.e. depth.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Not with the new rookie wage scale. A second round pick makes what a 4 or 5 round pick made a few years back.

Still applies since free agents are now more expensive. Simple economics. Money saved on draft picks went to free agents. 2nd round picks are expected to play.

I'm not saying the guy is a bust, far from it. Too early for that. He's either more developmental than his drafting warrants or as I said earlier the embarrassment of riches the Seahawks have in talent relegates him to depth.

Last edited:

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think it just comes down to a roster spot , with the injuries to the o-line and the DB , cough , cough, issues there's been no room for him. For example we cut Parrish Cox and he started for the Niners in GB .With Harvin capable of being the 3rd back should the other 2 both get injured in a game we probably don't need to waste the roster spot .

Free Brandon Browner

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It seems like the plan is to go to a 2 back system with Turbin and Michael. Of what we've seen of Michael I think he is an ace in the hole and keeping him fresh is money in the bank.

Lynch is heading into his 8th season and although he is having a good year, his numbers are down from last year. From what we've seen of PC/JS it wouldn't surprise me if they let him go this off season even if we win the SB.

Reaction score
Still applies since free agents are now more expensive. Simple economics. Money saved on draft picks went to free agents. 2nd round picks are expected to play.

I'm not saying the guy is a bust, far from it. Too early for that. He's either more developmental than his drafting warrants or as I said earlier the embarrassment of riches the Seahawks have in talent relegates him to depth.
The same mathematics doesn't apply to every team across the board. When you are a team that is loaded at many positions and poised to make a playoff run, you don't go out on a big spending spree. Harvin aside, our two biggest FAs were Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. Avril is on a very modest two year deal and Bennett got a modest one year deal. They came here for a chance to play for a Championship. They came here with theunderstanding that they would be situational pass rushers instead of starters. They knew their sacks numbers may not be as high as they could be had they gone to a team where they would've been starters.

Another thing to consider is many of our "stars" are on very modest rookie contracts. Sherman still on his 5th round rookie contract. Wilson is in the second year of his 3rd round rookie contract. Maxwell is on his 6th round rookie contract. Several key guys like Kam Chancellor have signed extensions instead of hitting the FA market.

Before the draft last year, everyone was asking "is any rookie even going to make this team?". Outside of depth at a few positions, most didn't see any pressing needs. Everyone was surprised when they took Michael with the 2nd round pick. They had an established elite back in Lynch and a very good back up in Turbin. Lynch is an every down back and Turbin is the 3rd down back because of his great blocking and catching skills. Some thought Michael would get a chance to return punts but Golden Tate has that more than locked up.

Like you said, it's simply an embarasemt of riches.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Odds are those guys would have ended up on the practice squad and gotten snatched away like Chris Harper.

NOT! you do not let your 2nd round pick fall of the roster. I agree with poster, why cant we get him on the field. Another mystery. Understanding there is not a need for him, but I think too, that he could out play Turbin. What is his damage?

Both those WR would have been a nice pick up, especially Keenan.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It seems like the plan is to go to a 2 back system with Turbin and Michael. Of what we've seen of Michael I think he is an ace in the hole and keeping him fresh is money in the bank.

Lynch is heading into his 8th season and although he is having a good year, his numbers are down from last year. From what we've seen of PC/JS it wouldn't surprise me if they let him go this off season even if we win the SB.

This might be the best explaination, that they are keeping him the reserve, but in this win now season, it seems we would have gotten him some more reps.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It is a different league but you still need to get your RB's their touches to keep them happy. Michael was rotated in the blow outs this year (Jags, Falcons & Vikes). 18 touches for 79 yards (4.4).

I think next preseason will be his proving ground.

Reaction score
It is a different league but you still need to get your RB's their touches to keep them happy. Michael was rotated in the blow outs this year (Jags, Falcons & Vikes). 18 touches for 79 yards (4.4).

I think next preseason will be his proving ground.
He looked very explosive vs Atlanta

Top Bottom