• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Colbert cut

Reaction score
Keary Colbert has been let go. He was aquired by the Seahawks from the Broncos for a fifth-round pick back in September. He had seven receptions for a 7.4 average per reception.

Reaction score
Obviously someone messed up with this guy. It seems like they just went out expecting to throw draft picks away and hoping to get a good WR in return.

We used a 1st Round pick on Deion Branch and if he doesn't stay healthy for a while and produce for the offense he will be a waste just like Colbert.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I think if we get a good enough pick I think we might take Michael Crabtree. If we did that I think Branch's days are numbered then.

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
Deion's day's are already numbered. I see him having a few more years left like maybe 3 more then he is done. His body just can't handle it anymore, but i really do hope that we do go out and draft crabtree that would be a great start to building for the future in a position that has devasted us this year.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
We signed Trent Shelton back to the practice squad and promoted Courtney Taylor to active roster.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I think if we get a good enough pick I think we might take Michael Crabtree. If we did that I think Branch's days are numbered then.

I see Branch taking Engram's spot in the slot after he calls it quits.

Reaction score
Yeah, but he has all of the attributes to be a good slot receiver... That's a good spot for a short quick guy like him.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Totally agree, but it's going to come down to the money and his health. Since we acquired him he hasn't played a full year. Plus his injuries aren't anything minor. Trust me I want to see Branch live up to the first-round pick material, but not going to bet on it.

Reaction score
Well when he has been healthy he's been great for us... I'll never forget him stripping that ball from Jared Allen the first game he played for us.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
But the key there is WHEN. You can be great all you want, but if you miss time it's not going to help. Plus I wouldn't say he's been great. I think he has done a lot of help for us, but he still has his injuries and that takes away from great.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I like Branch a lot I just don't think he is worth the amount we are paying him. If he restructures his deal awesome, but if not we need the cap!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Bob that is a good point, but first it's not for sure it's uncapped and secondly 09 is capped lol.

Top Bottom