• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats Ray Allen

S

Seattlehawk94

Ray-Ray was the last truly GREAT Sonic....Loved that guy....Love hearing KC's "HE'S HEARING VOICES FROM ANOTHER PLANET" when he made a big play....

Shuttlesworth still has a big place in his heart for Seattle also....For that alone he's awesome in my book....

Reaction score
Always liked the guy, even before he was a Sonic. Congrats Ray. And 94 I just love hearing KC call a basketball game.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
My wife is more of a basketball fan than I, but she LOVES Ray-Ray. He's the reason we are now Celtics fans. Funny thing is, she was in Boston last night and ALMOST got into the game.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Greatest performance by an individual in a playoff game in Sonics history was by Ray-Ray in game four in 2005 against Sacramento. He was on fire the whole series but that particular game led the Sonics back from Double Digits.

Ray-Ray even hit some incredible three's including shot clock winding down falling away drills the three. The Arco crowd when they were in their prime just goes completely silent. I remember jumping up and down in my dorm room freaking out.

S

Seattlehawk94

kdawg2980;55148 said:
Greatest performance by an individual in a playoff game in Sonics history was by Ray-Ray in game four in 2005 against Sacramento. He was on fire the whole series but that particular game led the Sonics back from Double Digits.

Ray-Ray even hit some incredible three's including shot clock winding down falling away drills the three. The Arco crowd when they were in their prime just goes completely silent. I remember jumping up and down in my dorm room freaking out.

Shawn Kemp: Game 5 1996 NBA Finals....Costas said after that game that Kemp clinched Series MVP if the Sonics came back...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not taking away from Kemp he was terrific but Allen did drop I think a playoff franchise record 45 points on the road too.

Kemp hard to pick one game that series. Even in our losses he was the best player on the court(which included Jordan and Pippen). The 1996 playoffs makes me sad because Kemp had finally matured then his career never reached that point again(I know statistically he did but in reality he didn't).

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh....Jordan averaged like 27PPG, 4REB, almost 2 steals, and 4 APG...He was the best player on the court for that whole series....As he was in ALL series in the postseason he played in minus his rookie year against Bird and even that series he set a playoff record of over 60 points in one of those games..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I know MJ is always the best player on the court but that 1996 finals was probably his worst playoff series during their six championship run. Only finals were he didn't average 30 and other than game three I don't recall him really going off on us. Once Payton was switched on him he was rather contained.

That is why the next year in the much anticapted rematch at Key Arena he dropped 45 on us because he was tired of hearing how Payton "shut" him down all offseason. Nobody used little things to motivate him like MJ did.

Kemp I think did average 26/13 with close to a 60% FG percentage.

S

Seattlehawk94

He had worse when they played "The Jordan Rules" defense against the Pistons before he finally got over the ECF hump...

Might've been his worst NBA Finals but that's still better than most other NBA Finals MVPs....Kemp played solid but Jordan did what was needed to win....His steals, rebounds, and assists were some of the better numbers he put up in a Finals series....He played ALL AROUND that series, people look to much at scoring...He did the little things to win...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Not denying that like I said I probably got ahead of myself because MJ is so great.

Kemp was still close to the same level as the Greatest player of all-time was my point. He had arrived as a top five player in the league. The due to piss poor management decisions, greed and the lockout he was never the same. Really bums me out. He was my favorite player of any sport growing up including Griffey.

S

Seattlehawk94

Top 5?

Not a chance....

Jordan
Shaq
Malone
Hardaway
Robinson were the best players that season....Kemp was top-10 but not even close to Top-5 that season...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
He out played Malone in that series and I know stats back up Malone so I won't argue stats at all. I think back then the feeling was Kemp was better than Malone.

Malone would obviously be better than him the next year and prior to that year but that year I think Kemp was the best PF and he showed it in the playoffs too.

S

Seattlehawk94

Being better than him for ONE SERIES isn't "being better"....Malone is the #2 all time leading scorer EVER....If you asked most people even back then NOT in Seattle "who'd you rather have, Malone or Kemp" you'd have 9 out of 10 people saying "Karl"...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55244 said:
Being better than him for ONE SERIES isn't "being better"....Malone is the #2 all time leading scorer EVER....If you asked most people even back then NOT in Seattle "who'd you rather have, Malone or Kemp" you'd have 9 out of 10 people saying "Karl"...

That's nice I didn't know that played a factor in ONE season.

Kemp was always voted in the All-Star game as a starter and like I said end of the 1996 playoff series he had out played Malone.

During that playoffs Kemp was playing like a top five pick.

Thinking Malone was better that's fair. Just stating my opinion on this one. Just like my original point of Allen having the best playoff game(statistics back me there), statistics are against me on the Kemp in just 1996 only over Malone.

S

Seattlehawk94

1995-96
Kemp:
19.6 PPG
2.2 APG
11.4 RPG
.742 FT%
.561 FG%

Malone:
25.7 PPG
4.2 APG
9.8 RPG
.723 FT%
.519 FG%

1996 Western Conference Finals:

Game 1: Seattle 102-72
Malone: 21 Points, 8Reb, 5 Assists
Kemp: 21 Points, 11Reb, 0 Assists

Game 2: Seattle 91-87
Malone: 32 Points, 13Reb, 3 Assists
Kemp: 15 Points, 4Reb, 1 Assist

Game 3: Utah 96-76
Malone: 28 Points, 18 Reb, 4 Assists
Kemp: 10 Points, 4Reb, 0 Assists

Game 4: Seattle 88-86
Malone: 25 Points, 12REB, 8 Assists
Kemp: 18 Points,, 8REB, 2 Assists

Game 5: Utah 98-95
Malone: 29 Points, 15REB, 2 Assists
Kemp: 24 Points, 13 REB, 5 Assists

Game 6: Utah 118-83
Malone: 32 Points, 10REB, 7 Assists
Kemp: 24 Points, 10 REB, 0 Assists

Game 7: Seattle 90-86
Malone: 22 Points, 5REB, 7 Assists
Kemp: 26 Points, 14REB, 1 Assist

Yeah.....Kemp OUTPLAYED Malone......Basically he outscored him in 1 game by only 4 points, out rebounded him in 1 game (1 game was a "push"), had 1 game where he had more assists, and was basically if you look at the stats ballhogged for 6 games of the series....

Hmmm...Yep....DOMINATED.... :lol: You by ME....And Kemp by Malone...hahahahaha

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Remember you said Kemp had the best playoff game ever. I said Allen who scored 45 points so yes you really "dominated" me. Sad you have to tell yourself that though.

S

Seattlehawk94

kdawg2980;55337 said:
Remember you said Kemp had the best playoff game ever. I said Allen who scored 45 points so yes you really "dominated" me. Sad you have to tell yourself that though.

So I prove that Malone was better than Kemp in that series and you change the subject?

Top Bottom