• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Draft - LB

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It hasnt been talked about much, but I think this years draft is exceptionally deep in the ILB/OLB Class.
There is great value in the mid rounders, but based on the combine I think some will accend into the top 3 rounds.
Here is a few that created a buzz and some thoughts on these special guys:

1st rd- 'the obvious'
*Ive added a few here that were DE's that I think teams will convert to OLB/Elephant pos.

Kevin Minter - LSU
Jarvis Jones - Inj.
*Barkevious Mingo - One of the fastest DE's an Ideal LEO, if hawks were looking for it.
*Dion Jordon - Tall, great cover and pass rush skills, jack of all trade.

2nd rd.
There are some talented guys here, but seahawks should hold out... WR/DL/OL are other needs to be filled.

Manti Te'o - Unless baltimore grabs him, I think he slips to round 2. Slow and gay (J/K!)
Khaseem Greene - One of my favorites, compact smallish guy, but someone who can pass rush and put a hurt on! WLB (Leroy).
Sean Porter - Some say the next von miller, doubt it, but I think he's more like a KJ type. Good player.

3rd rd.
Ive only identified two here, though I am pretty sure that some of the later rounder will end up being picked in this round, if not sooner!

Jon Bostic - MLB- 4.5 40 (fastest of class) impressive for a bigger guy. compares to David Hawethorne.

Trevardo Williams - Edge rusher, WLB, but only has one skill set, kill the QB.

4,5,6th round?
The next 3 guys hold the best value and we could only dream of getting them in the latter round, but should be considered with our 3rd pick.

Zaviar Gooden - OMG this is my guy! Big, fast, explosive, high effort, hombre , voted team captian, compares to witherspoon, and is unique athlete, former safety. Don't whiff on this guy!

Sio Moore - Great physicallity, popped in combine, 12 sacks in 2012, Mayocks best value pick.

Cornelius Washington - Did I say Gooden is my favorite? Well I meant this guy., seriously converted DE from Georgia, overshawdowed by Ogletree and other teamates, this guy is a beast. Bigger, faster, and stronger, bust out 37 reps at the bench. Probably more suited for SLB, but where ever you draft him, he will find a spot on your 53 man roster.

Theres just a snapshot of what I think, in limited research, are some very talented LB's. And of course slanted slightly based on comgine results/impressions. I really could see someone very special being there at round 3.. maybe 4, that could be a rookie starter for the hawks and add some pass rush on the weak side in place of Leroy Hill.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Watchin the Fiesta Bowl now, yeah Kiko is an exciting player, has nose for the football.
Has no fear flying at the ball carrier.
Might be a good WLB certianly would be a hell of a special teams guy, like a captian of ST.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Nice breakdown, thanks for doing it .

I still am of the mindset of hopefully getting Freeney , a plug and play guy for that position , A guy Wagner can lean on and learn some things from , draft some prospects for the future at the position as well, just don't want to waste half a season till some rook gets it.

Reaction score
Nice breakdown, thanks for doing it .

I still am of the mindset of hopefully getting Freeney , a plug and play guy for that position , A guy Wagner can lean on and learn some things from , draft some prospects for the future at the position as well, just don't want to waste half a season till some rook gets it.
You talking about moving Freeney to OLB? I would imagine they'd have him playing DE if they did sign him.

I know he played OLB this last season in Indy, but thats cause Pagano switched the defense to a 3-4 and it was mainly as an outside pass rusher.

Reaction score
Speaking of DE's, how about Michael Johnson, the free agent out of Cincy?

6'7" 270LBs, insane length, 26 years old and 11.5 sacks last season.

I doubt Cincy slaps him with the franchise tag, so he might test the open market. I could see him in a Seahawks uni for a decent price.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Speaking of DE's, how about Michael Johnson, the free agent out of Cincy?

6'7" 270LBs, insane length, 26 years old and 11.5 sacks last season.

I doubt Cincy slaps him with the franchise tag, so he might test the open market. I could see him in a Seahawks uni for a decent price.
Think he'll get tagged, or resigned right? But yeah definetly a top teir DE, Julius Peppers type.

Reaction score
Does anyone else in the NFL refer to the DE position as LEO or Elephant? Serious question....

I had never heard of that term until Pete took over the team.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Does anyone else in the NFL refer to the DE position as LEO or Elephant? Serious question....

I had never heard of that term until Pete took over the team.

Ive heard Elephant, NE uses it. LEO not sure though I think they were Monte Kiffen brian childs.

Reaction score
Probably wouldn't have been affordable anyways. If Freeney is reasonably affordable, I'm all for bringing him in.

Top Bottom