• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Getting pathetic

Reaction score
We need to draft a QB that can take over in 3 yrs and step in and win a game once in a while.
O is bad......
D only stopped a bad 1st Q QB

seahawker 562

Huddler
Reaction score
Not to blame Seneca, because there are a lot of holes in the O and D for the hawks, but what is becoming really obvious is that we need a battle-tested backup QB.

Just think where we might be if the Seahawks had signed someone like Jeff Garcia in the off season. Sorry, Seneca, but you either become a full time receiver or start looking for work someplace else

Other changes we should look at for 2009 are:

1. choose between MoMo and JJ and let the other one go. We don't need two of the exact same RBs and sharing time is just killing the momentum of either one. I would go with JJ

2. Resign K-Rob and let Deion Branch go, the guy is made of glass.

3. Start playing Vallos at center - Spencer is turning out to be a pretty lame center, maybe put him in as a guard

4. Resign DD Lewis and Leroy Hill. With Lofa looking to be injury prone, we cant afford not to have these LBs on the roster.

5. Start looking for replacement safeties. Russell and Grant were definite upgrades over Boulware and Hamlin, but mainly russel is looking lost on da field

6. Burn Holmgren's playbook. Okay, that's a little drastic, but we need to get a little CREATIVE on offense. A lot of teams run the Wild Cat formation since the Dolphins broke it out earlier this year. wouldn't it make sense for the Seahawks to use it? Of course, our offensive genius head coach would never use it.

7. Fire John Marshall and bring in Mike Nolan as DC (possibly.

I really wish that something could be done to save this season, but short of Marshall getting fired, Holmgren stepping down early, and Hass making a recovery, I don't see it.

If we can stay healthy, and if Mora is a decent head coach, the 2009 season should be better, as long as some changes are made in personnel, both on field and in the coaching ranks.

Reaction score
I can agree with you, 562...but my big ? is our defense play...same guys, same system, why aren't we playing up to potential? That's my main frustration right now, other than Matthew's injured. I hang ZERO blame over Seneca, but on offense, our line sucks, therefore creating no holes for Jones. Now, Morris is finding holes, but Jones is not. What a waste of money he's turning out to be!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder how much is the defense sucks v. the coaching v. having to carry the offense. I think maybe when you combine all those factors, plus the regression of Kelly Jennings, it makes for a tough go.

seahawks_fan_IA

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree

Need deffense backs, new playbook, new system on deffense I hate give up all the yards then try to stop them at the end and hold them to field goals, Branch has played in how many games? Need Veteran Recievers that have proven themselves in the NFL Keep Engram, Burelson, Robinson (maybe) I thought at the beginning of the season Holmgren was big on Jordan Kent and Courtney Taylor??????

DO WE NEED A NEW STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH OR WHAT? So many big players for Seattle getting hurt, I know some just happen but look at Mack Strong, Deion Branch, Lofa Tutupu, Leonard Weaver, Matt Hasselbeck, Patrick Kerney, Saun Alexander, Koren robinson right when he was signed, Nate Burleson, Ben Obomanu, and many others

How many others can you name in the past three years??

Passepartout

Huddler
Reaction score
Hate it that Mike Holmgrem's swan song.
Is really ain't doing very well.
But I hope that he can end on a high note.
Just not Seattle's season!

Top Bottom