• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Goodbye Hasselbeck , Hello.......... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Fenom;55971 said:
Leinart will come try out before Young...lol, I don't even know what I was originally trying to say.

Funny you say that because leinart just signed a deal to stay in Houston.....

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;55967 said:
VY isn't accurate. He's proved that, he's been in the league long enough where I don't see that improving.

So does Hass and 17 ints last year show you improvement ? WTF That N.O. game was great shit , but then when we went on the road to a team( CHI) that we had already beaten in there place ......lame .

VY has been under a D minded coach , put him where we can work , who knows ? As I look at all the angles and players and options I see VY as the best thing we could do IF we dont pay Matt in order to win next year and thats all I give a shit about !!!

Reaction score
Matt is constantly under pressure and is dealing with young/unfamiliar WRs AND no running game. VY has enjoyed a pretty decent O-line, and aruguably the best RB in the game, definitely the most ecplosive running back. Those picks aren't entirely a reflection of his performance, its actually more indicative of the talent around him.

Reaction score
Matt played lights out in chicago. Not his fault the receiver couldn't catch shit. His accuracy was money that day. Also defense played like shit.... actually made Cutler look good (he's not good)

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;55975 said:
Matt is constantly under pressure and is dealing with young/unfamiliar WRs AND no running game. VY has enjoyed a pretty decent O-line, and aruguably the best RB in the game, definitely the most ecplosive running back. Those picks aren't entirely a reflection of his performance, its actually more indicative of the talent around him.
Having a lot of pressure is a result of having a bad O-Line and no running game. Give Matt a good O-Line and a 1,000 yard rusher and he will complete passes to anyone who has decent hands regardless of how well he knows them.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18;55973 said:
He did? Where did you see that, especially since players haven't been able to sign for 2 days now...

1st round tender offer on march 2

Reaction score
NO WAY we land Kolb. Remember who owns our team. Paul would nix any trading of multiple first rounders to get 1 man. He's no Ken Behring, thank GOD.

I would LOVE to have McNabb as our Q, if we had a decent O-line, which we don't.

Screw Scam Newton, he'll be no Vick in the pro's. 1 hit wonder, and I'm not just saying that because I'm an Alabama fan. HA HA HA!

As much as I love Locker, I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NFL. Backup or 3rd stringer at best.

So, our ONLY viable option at this point: re-sign #8.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;55964 said:
I'd rather start Whitehurst than VY next season. VY will take like 4 years to understand a different playbook lol.

Your crazy. Specially with the way our OL is.. his mobility would be legit

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
OH bullshit nobody knows his wonderlick score or if he's mentally tough or not , and all the drama the media puts into shit these days, thats just crap we all hear on TV and as far as comparing VY to Seneca Wallace ...LOL really ?????

For all that think VY was the problem in Tennessee think again , Fisher is known as a tyrant and if you think about it not that great of a coach I mean 16 years and 0 titles , not a stellar track record. If you look at the problems VY had it was always about playing or playing time , to me that shows a passion for the game.

I just feel that PC could work with VY

McNabb is washed up BTW

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;55991 said:
He's not mentally tough either. If the fans can get into his head, imagine what the defensive players do to him.

I don't know how you say he is not mentally tough. Although it was in college, the BCS title game itself speaks for his mental toughness and ability to lead a team. He has shown his ability to lead a team in the NFL, two seasons ago people were saying how well his game and leadership has developed. He was having a good season up until his blowup with Fisher last season and then all of a sudden he is a headcase. I think VY is the prototypical Carroll QB and has the ability to put a team on his back much.

He has the ability to extend plays and create big plays out of nothing. If put into the right system with a coaching staff that believes in him rather than playing for a coach that never wanted him there in the first place, he could be a very successfull QB. If the opportunity came up where we had a chance to land VY at a reasonable price, it would be absurd not to take that chance. He is only 26 years old and plenty young enough to lead a franchise for many years. I would be much more excited about signing VY (considering the Titans release him) and drafting talent on the OL/DL/Secondary rather than drafting a guy like Locker/Mallett/Kaepernick/Newton Etc. VY is a proven winner in the NFL despite playing for a coach that hated him.

And to compare him to Seneca is rediculous. There is a pretty big difference between the two.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Idahawk;55993 said:
OH bullshit nobody knows his wonderlick score or if he's mentally tough or not , and all the drama the media puts into shit these days, thats just crap we all hear on TV and as far as comparing VY to Seneca Wallace ...LOL really ?????

I just feel that PC could work with VY

VY Score: 15
Seneca: 14

Yes they are available publicily and no VY is not overly intelligent.

Maybe Pete could work with VY to get the best out of him, but one thing Pete and Schnider will not tolorate is low effort level. I think that is a problem with VY. Plus man, he has shown he can't handle the pressure that goes along with being a NFL QB. He is going to get one more shot with a team, but I dont think I want to be that guinnea pig.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
szat;55999 said:
VY Score: 15
Seneca: 14

Yes they are available publicily and no VY is not overly intelligent.

Maybe Pete could work with VY to get the best out of him, but one thing Pete and Schnider will not tolorate is low effort level. I think that is a problem with VY. Plus man, he has shown he can't handle the pressure that goes along with being a NFL QB. He is going to get one more shot with a team, but I dont think I want to be that guinnea pig.

Donavan McNabb 14
Dan Marino 15

What does the test really mean ....jack shit. I have no dreams of my football players being brain surgeons when there done playing Big Ben( 25) rides a motorcycle without a helmet ..thats pretty dumb yet his score is 10 better then the above named guys ...so the test means nothing.

I rather have them try and throw the ball as far as they can in the combine , you would glean more info from that then you do wanting to know if a life long jock is book smart

If he can read 2 letters x and o thats good enough for me if the guy can ball

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
I wouldn't compare seneca wallace with Vince Young. Vince young is way more talented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom