• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harvin excited to be a Seahawk

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Percy Harvin, Seattle Seahawks excited about future

• _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: March 12, 2013 at 07:09 p.m.
  • Updated: March 12, 2013 at 08:37 p.m.

email-card-title.png
Friend(s) EmailYour EmailSend Email
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • By Dan Hanzus

More Columns >

http://www.nfl.com/widgets/videos/d...l&confirm=true&icampaign=VG_Player_Link_HQ_DL

Percy Harvin couldn't keep the smile off his face Tuesday.
Sitting at a podium for his introductory news conference as the newest member of the Seattle Seahawks, the wide receiver was quick to trade grins and chuckles with coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider. It was a veritable joyfest.
This was far different from the brooding version of Harvin we became accustomed to during his final two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.
"I really don't have words to describe how I feel," said Harvin, whom NFL.com's Albert Breer reported received a six-year, $67 million contract with $25.5 million guaranteed from the Seahawks after being traded from the Vikings. "I was talking to Coach Carroll, I haven't slept in three days just anticipating this opportunity."
Harvin repeatedly mentioned how excited he was to play with Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. It has been reported that Harvin's disenchantment with Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder played a role in his exit from Minnesota. Harvin was asked why he looked forward to playing with Wilson.
"For one, his body of work, I think last year speaks for itself," Harvin replied. "Secondly, hearing the way he prepares, I admire it already. He's been texting me, I came here today, he was watching film. The offseason hasn't really kicked in with this guy. He's already in there watching film, trying to organize things.
"I admire people who work hard, that like to work. How could you not be a fan of him?"
To acquire Harvin, the Seahawks gave the Vikings their first- and seventh-round pick in next month's draft, as well as a third-round pick in 2014. It was a steep price to pay for a player with temperament and injury concerns, but Schneider confidently called the move a "slam dunk." Carroll wistfully recalled his failed attempt to recruit Harvin to join him at USC back in the day.
For now, everyone is happy. Time will tell if it remains that way.

Mark Ramich

Huddler
Reaction score
perhaps he just needs a decent environment sometimes thats all someone needs, do you think he isnt gonna love the fans?? he is gonna love it here and us!

Top Bottom