• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hawks trade 1st round pick to Minnesota

Reaction score
Andre Johnson is in my opinion the best receiver in football and the way Fitz has been playing I'd have to put him at a very close 2nd so I think the risk vs. reward is well worth it.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Walter Jones was a top 10 pick... Ida don't know how early you mean, but he was 7th overall in 1997.

we also had two first round picks that draft ..makes a difference in the areas you can address...plus I'm really only looking at the current management not over all history

If you luck out and get TJ..what would be the next need ? Everyone is going to say something different , but a back up to walter is a waste of money...that pick has to be an impact player and a guy who plays right away.......My hope is Runningback..these rookie backs are tearing it up and we need a break a way back that will suck the LB's up...JJ doesn't scare anybody and never will....and maybe a kid taking his job may spark a fire under his sorry ass..but i doubt it

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Andre Johnson is in my opinion the best receiver in football and the way Fitz has been playing I'd have to put him at a very close 2nd so I think the risk vs. reward is well worth it.
Read my mind exactly. Andre and Fitz I believe are clearly the best receivers in the league right now, but Randy Moss (don't forgot about him just because Cassell doesn't throw deep much) and Calvin Johnson are quite close.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Hawk096 said:
Walter Jones was a top 10 pick... Ida don't know how early you mean, but he was 7th overall in 1997.

we also had two first round picks that draft ..makes a difference in the areas you can address...plus I'm really only looking at the current management not over all history

If you luck out and get TJ..what would be the next need ? Everyone is going to say something different , but a back up to walter is a waste of money...that pick has to be an impact player and a guy who plays right away.......My hope is Runningback..these rookie backs are tearing it up and we need a break a way back that will suck the LB's up...JJ doesn't scare anybody and never will....and maybe a kid taking his job may spark a fire under his sorry ass..but i doubt it

I know we had two picks, but you said we never take OL in the top 10 and was just saying he was a 7th overall selection. I think we could get a decent tackle in the 3rd round and have Walt mentor him. I do think that an underrated pick might be the DT from BC. I'm hearing more and more of his name coming out. However as Knapp has said we will run the ball more so Ida's point of a running back is possible also.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
but a back up to walter is a waste of money...that pick has to be an impact player and a guy who plays right away.......My hope is Runningback..these rookie backs are tearing it up and we need a break a way back that will suck the LB's up...JJ doesn't scare anybody and never will....and maybe a kid taking his job may spark a fire under his sorry ass..but i doubt it
This is makes-me-want-to pull my hair out moronic. Tackles like that are very rare. Great football teams are built from the inside out. That back you want will need a hole to run through. Do you remember watching DeMarcus Ware abuse our line on thanksgiving? Walt is getting old, and though he MAY have a year or two left, he isn't what he was.

S

Seattlehawk94

vanillathrilla said:
Idahawk said:
but a back up to walter is a waste of money...that pick has to be an impact player and a guy who plays right away.......My hope is Runningback..these rookie backs are tearing it up and we need a break a way back that will suck the LB's up...JJ doesn't scare anybody and never will....and maybe a kid taking his job may spark a fire under his sorry ass..but i doubt it
This is makes-me-want-to pull my hair out moronic. Tackles like that are very rare. Great football teams are built from the inside out. That back you want will need a hole to run through. Do you remember watching DeMarcus Ware abuse our line on thanksgiving? Walt is getting old, and though he MAY have a year or two left, he isn't what he was.

So you want to take a player who won't help NOW while we still have a window to win?

You know what's pull your hair out moronic? The fact I gave you a list of Top-5 WRs and you don't respond because you were wrong..

Oh, btw...Robert Gallery was taken in the Top-5 and he was a "can't miss"...Great pick eh? :lol:

Reaction score
Plus look at the quarter backs that those bust top 5 wide outs had.. I believe they both had Jon Kitna... :lol:

S

Seattlehawk94

LOLOLOLOL

Yeah, kinda explains why they turned into busts...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
So you want to take a player who won't help NOW while we still have a window to win?

You know what's pull your hair out moronic? The fact I gave you a list of Top-5 WRs and you don't respond because you were wrong..

Oh, btw...Robert Gallery was taken in the Top-5 and he was a "can't miss"...Great pick eh? :lol:
I personally feel that Walter is likely not going to make it through the season. He's been playing since 97 and starting to see a drop off. I think it's dumb that people think he can keep going forever while some of these same people think that Hass, who probably does have some good years left, should go. I don't remember your list of Top-5 WR's, I'll check it out when I get home from work.
I dont believe in a "window." I want a consistant winner.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm all for drafting a OT, just not with that first pick and certainly not someone who will sit and be ARRRGGGGGGG " Groomed " And we not " Building " a team either we have a team and have all the pieces...we have an entire back up O-line for gawds sake . You get someone NOW who either puts points on the board or takes points off the board.......

I think the seATLe staff will take a popular pick to butter up fans and sell tickets....Mora and Ruskell need a positive to build on after last year...I think passing on Crabtree if he was there would blow up in there face and be a media nightmare.

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I remember a year that Seattle passed on Randy Moss! Boy that was stupid!

Reaction score
a T will not sit IDAHAWK he will start it might be at RT though or LT if my hunch is right and Walt won't recover in time if at all.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:

You made that list in response to SeahawkWag not me. I thought the list was solid. I'm going to be happy if we get Crabtree, but I'll also be happy if we get Andre Smith or Michael Oher. Whats up with the concept of the "window" Why are so many people convinced its going to close?

S

Seattlehawk94

Oh...Sorry dawg...

The window that's open is you've got a QB still in his prime and some good young players just entering theirs.

It won't "close" persay but when you have to groom a new QB that's usually a season or two to learn a whole new offense and get timing...When that happens our vets are pretty much played out.

This window to win the Superbowl opened up in late 2002 when Hass perfected the offense and made the end of that otherwise crappy year worth remembering....It's still cracked open but it's closing fast with this current group.

Top Bottom