• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Honeymoon over in Holmgrenville

Reaction score
According to the Washington Post Mike Holmgren is ready to coach again. It appears that will open the door to many speculation of just where he will land after the 2009 NFL Season. He said he is also open to a front-office job. Would it ruin your appreciation for him if he were to land in San Francisco? How about Dallas?

I don't think his legacy in Seattle will ever be ruined and I'm not saying it will. I can't blame him for coming back I think Kathy talked him into getting out before Ruskell fired him for Mora. If he does go to San Fran it would be hard to root against him, but it's even harder to root for the 69ers.

I will always wish the best to Mike, but if we ever meet in the Super Bowl sorry pal you got your ring!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He will not land in San Francisco. At least not in a coaching role. Singletary will get a few years. I also think that Singletary and Holmgren have FAR different philosophies on how a team should be run. If Holmgren were to be GM, I could see a Holmgren v. Singletary situation in San Fran similar to the Ruskell v. Holmgren situation that developed here.

Ideally, I would love for Holmgren to be the full time GM of the Seahawks. There are a few teams that would break my heart if he signed on with, Dallas being one.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I think he could land in SF just cause that's where he is from. I don't think he would be head coach obviously, but then again in the NFL (No Full Life as Head Coach) how do you pass on Holmy if Singletary goes 7-9 or worst?

Reaction score
I wouldn't be mad at him if he went to the Cowboys or 49ers. I'd love to have him here as the GM, but I think he has the urge to coach again rather than be the guy sitting behind the action.

In 2009 there will be coaches fired and in 2010 there will be open coaching spots. It happens more and more these days especially with the success of Mike Tomlin who is a defensive oriented, young Coach. Everyone wants a Coach like him.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Pottsie that is one team rumored to be interested in him.
That would be a good transition offensive wise. The team wouldn't have to switch from the West Coast to something else after just getting used to the West Coast Offense.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
That is the one team rumored to be interested in EVERYTHING. I wonder how well Holmgren would do under an owner like Jones or Snyder, both of which like to have a lot of say in how their teams are run.

Reaction score
Holmgren can go to the Skins. I will take Zorn..

Let's see how the Mora experiment goes, and if no success hire Zorn!

Reaction score
Oh yeah and take Colt Brennan from them too.

That kid has some talent.. and groomed under Zorn he has potential to be a pro bowl starting in the NFL in a couple years.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I would toss Ruskell out the door and pack his bags for him if Holmgren agreed to step in as GM. I would fly from texas (where I am currently) in a heartbeat.

As for Zorn over Mora, I believe Zorn is the better coach. However, I am ready to back Mora and give him every chance to succeed. I hope for success for Zorn over with the Redskins till he plays us ofcourse.

Wherever Holmgren goes I will root for him until he plays the Seahawks. He cannot tarnish his reputation here. Also, if I am the UFL I am calling him right now. Offer whatever it takes, adding him to the league means a huge jump in reputation.

Reaction score
Striker said:
I would toss Ruskell out the door and pack his bags for him if Holmgren agreed to step in as GM. I would fly from texas (where I am currently) in a heartbeat.

As for Zorn over Mora, I believe Zorn is the better coach. However, I am ready to back Mora and give him every chance to succeed. I hope for success for Zorn over with the Redskins till he plays us ofcourse.

Wherever Holmgren goes I will root for him until he plays the Seahawks. He cannot tarnish his reputation here. Also, if I am the UFL I am calling him right now. Offer whatever it takes, adding him to the league means a huge jump in reputation.

Money is not an issue with Holmy. His heart is in the NFL and he will stay there.

Reaction score
There is no way Mike goes to the UFL.

If guys like Willingham get hired as coaches for the UFL, it's reputation can't be saved even by Holmgren.

Reaction score
I love Mike, I just think the guy is a little too old school.

I defended him all of last season, but I have given up.

He was too predictable, to vanilla, always trying to find that undrafted free agent bum and turn him into a SB MVP just so he could say it was all him...he changed this guys life.

He doesn't want the big star that everyone thinks is going to shine, because then he won't get the credit for it.

I just think his philosophy is outdated.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
Oh yeah and take Colt Brennan from them too.

That kid has some talent.. and groomed under Zorn he has potential to be a pro bowl starting in the NFL in a couple years.
Yeah, too short with a side-arm release from a spread offense! That will work out super good in the NFL. Strikes one, two, and three. Might make it to a pro-bowl as a spectator if he can afford the plane ticket after being cut in the near future.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know about Holmgren as GM, remember what happend early in his career with the Hawks when he had "complete control" over team decisions? Didn't go so hot in my opinion.

Top Bottom