• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Housh to seattle - Just an opinion

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Michael Smith from ESPN just reported that he believes that Housh, will sign with the Seahawks, and in fact, that Housh wanted to sign with the Seahawks on Friday, but kept his word to visit with the Vikings.

We should know soon!

Lets see....

BIG BODY DT ......Cole.....Check
Top Wr.............housh...Check

boy if we get Housh, guess we are looking at an OT in the draft, or trading down to get a CB, S, or RB

Hawks2Cover

Huddler
Reaction score
Let's get Housh.

Let's trade or 2nd round for Braylon Edwards.

Let's take a big ole OT with the 4th pick.

That would go a long way toward revitalizing our offense.

Reaction score
I'd rather get Braylon Edwards or Crabtree. He's 31 and has had the advantage of having Chad Johnson on his team to get double-teamed so he can get single coverage. Just like Wes Welker on the Patriots. Randy Moss draws double coverage and Wes Welker is able to sneak in and get those big yardage seasons and receptions.

I figure we get Housh, try to get Edwards and use our first round pick to pick up an OT. Then, if we still have the 2nd round pick we focus either on a Corner/Safety, 3rd round we go after a WR, 4th we get a RB and we trade our 6th and 7th picks for a 5th round pick and get another OT.

Reaction score

:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a 4th rounder no way in hell a 2nd

Reaction score
I wouldn't even look at RB in this draft. After the 1st round there will be nothing but a bunch of 5th stringers. QB's after the first 3 this year there is nothing but career clipboard holders.

1st OT or DT
2nd CB or OT
3rd S
after that should be BPA

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a 4th rounder no way in hell a 2nd
You must not know how good Braylon Edwards is. Last year everyone on the Browns sucked, just like the Seahawks. He is the potential to be one of the top WRs if he actually had a good QB throwing to him and someone sat him down and worked a bit on his confidence to catch the ball.

I'd say a 3 round pick at least. He drops the balls a lot, but you would too if you played with a crappy QB and a horrible team. :D

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I say trade for Edwards if we can dump Branch. Branch has been the biggest free agent dissappointment that I can remember. But Housh's success had nothing to do with Ocho Cinco, this guy will be coming out of the slot!! This guy will have 100+ Receptions and 1000+ yards

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
why not keep branch if he can stay healthy, Branch, Housh and Edwards, now thats a core!!

Reaction score
I don't think we go for Edwards anymore. I would be content if this was our core:
Branch, Housh, Nate and Bumpus or Payne in no preticular order.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I don't think we go for Edwards anymore. I would be content if this was our core:
Branch, Housh, Nate and Bumpus or Payne in no preticular order.
I'm happy where ever we go with this, either way we go we have one of the best cores in football

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Just need to stay healthy.

hit it on the head. We will be perfect with the guys now.. Health is by far the biggest factor to winning this season. Especially for Hass. Hopefully we can throw some bulk on the line to help him out, but with the addition of TJ.. it will take alot of pressure off of Hass from the possesion game.

Reaction score
That's an awfully big if. Now if the receiver could only catch the ball, now then we'd have something :lol:

Reaction score
I actually think that Burleson is a better receiver than he gets credit for. He caught 9 tds in 07 while only starting 12 games. He had a bad 06 due to a torn thumb ligament that he stupidly didn't tell anyone about. He's got good speed and in 07 had good hands. I think he'll have a great 09 with Housh here.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
That's an awfully big if. Now if the receiver could only catch the ball, now then we'd have something :lol:

Yeah I know, but the dude is an awesome receiver.

vanillathrilla said:
I actually think that Burleson is a better receiver than he gets credit for. He caught 9 tds in 07 while only starting 12 games. He had a bad 06 due to a torn thumb ligament that he stupidly didn't tell anyone about. He's got good speed and in 07 had good hands. I think he'll have a great 09 with Housh here.

I agree, I think Nate was going to have his coming out party last year but he got hurt.... I think we're in good shape at receiver now... I mean it could be better, but it could have been better in '05 too ;) lol.

I am now swinging towards drafting a lineman(or Vontae Davis). We need all the help we can get in the running game to setup a potentially devastating aerial game. If our offense gives the defense time to rest and we find a good replacement for Russel we might just have another championship caliber team...

S

Seattlehawk94

For the amount of money Nate is paid, he's hardly worth it.

Right now his "career" stats in Seattle are below Mayes, Dawkins and a couple of others. Both of the guys I listed had TWO seasons in Seattle and Jon Shitna throwing "them" (mostly the other team) the ball.

Nate's stats aren't worth the contract....Branch's aren't either but he's better suited to our offense. Nate is a Minnehaha chuck the ball down field and watch him jump for it WR. He's not a WCO player and I never understood why he was brought in...Branch if he can stay on the field for longer than 2 games is much better for our offense.

Lining him up as the "Z" in a flanker position is an ideal situation with TJ and Crabtree. That would be a group to fear...

No offense to TJ but....We've got the best NUMBER TWO WR in the NFL...We don't have a NUMBER ONE, Crabtree could be that.

Reaction score
I understand the disappointment with Burleson's numbers, and you are right about them not adding up to the contract he has, but he also hasn't been healthy. I do think he was an impulse revenge signing, but I felt like I saw some real spark there in 07. Branch is awesome when he's healthy and I hope he can be, but If anyone has been a bust It's him. He cost a 1st round pick that the Pats used on Brandon Meriweather who had 83 tackles and four picks last season. Branch has also never caught more than 5 TDs in a season, where as Burleson has two with 9

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I understand the disappointment with Burleson's numbers, and you are right about them not adding up to the contract he has, but he also hasn't been healthy.

haha honestly, who HAS been healthy :lol:

Top Bottom