• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jake Locker

Is Jake Locker going to be "great"?

• BUST-David Carr II

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trent Dilfer-basically a guy who needs everyone to carry his sorry ass...

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dave Krieg-good player will be around for MANY years and win...

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Tom Brady-HOFer who will win MANY Superbowls

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
S

Seattlehawk94

Bust or "Future NFL MVP"...

FYI: I put BUST because he'll be out of the NFL within 5 years....

Reaction score
Its hard to say without knowing the situation he'll be thrown into. If he's asked to start right away it won't be pretty. But I think a couple years of grooming he could be a really good QB. He's got the skill set. I'm not saying he'll be Tom Brady, but I could see him turning into a pro bowler given the right set of circumstances.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't think any of the options fit him so I picked Dave Krieg. I think he'll be a solid starter but never considered to be one of the best quarterbacks in the game. Like Krieg I see him making tons of plays but turning the ball over a lot.

He is a hard worker from what I've heard so he'll be in the league longer than five years. It takes a special fuck up to be out of the NFL in five years 94'. I mean Leaf last four years and if not for injury was going to make our team in 2002 so he would have made five. I don't see Locker being a cancer or partier like Leaf was.

To me Locker reminds me of Cutler. Been saying that since his Junior year. Guys makes plays, makes you go WOW! He could win an MVP. Sounds smart in his interviews but also turns the ball over where you go WTF was he thinking?!!

Unlike Cutler though Locker would have played in that NFC title game. I don't think Locker will be the raging bust that some think he will be or do I think he'll be a stud(everyone on softy's page) in the NFL. I think whoever gets him better have a patient fan base because like Cutler he'll drive them nuts.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
They say it is his accuracy. I think flip and I debated this a while ago, but I think it comes down to if he has realized his potential in accuracy (i.e. he cannot learn anything more to be more accurate) or if he still has room to learn accuracy.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

You don't "learn" accuracy...Most NFL QBs could throw footballs through tires from 20 yards away in grade school..You don't "learn" it...You either "HAVE" it or you don't...

And who cares if he'd "have stayed in unlike Slutler", unlike Slutler Joke err..Jake couldn't even GET a team to that game...He's a HORRIBLE QB and most of the country knows this...For some reason people in Seattle are blind to what EVERY scout sees...

Blind homerism is what it's called---horrible disease to have...And yeah, some wash out of the NFL in 5 years or less without having bad attitudes....ALOT do actually....

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55196 said:
You don't "learn" accuracy...Most NFL QBs could throw footballs through tires from 20 yards away in grade school..You don't "learn" it...You either "HAVE" it or you don't...

would you say that micheal vick has "learned" better accuracy??

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;55181 said:
To me Locker reminds me of Cutler. Been saying that since his Junior year. Guys makes plays, makes you go WOW! He could win an MVP. Sounds smart in his interviews but also turns the ball over where you go WTF was he thinking?!!

ive been saying this reference for years now, cutler is a great runner, has a cannon, but lets his head get in the way sometimes and fucks up some throws...which is virtually wut i feel locker is, given the right team and coaches i think he can become a great NFL QB

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

LaceyBALL3R360;55207 said:
would you say that micheal vick has "learned" better accuracy??

Accuracy was never the Dogkiller's issue....Always ragged on him for being a highpowered RB, he was always pretty good at finding WRs but he ran more than he threw...

His issues were never checking down....He'd look at only ONE WR then take off running if they were covered...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55196 said:

That's not true at all. You can always learn to your maximum potential. The question is, has he hit his maximum potential?

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd say given the scouts have Locker as a first or at worst early second round pick you are in the minority 94'

If the Seahawks draft Locker will you even support him or will you be like other Cougs and not give him a chance? I have Coug friends who flat out said they'll stop being a Seahawks fan if they draft Locker. I called them morons. They were like if he was a Coug you'd do the same and I was like no I wouldn't.

Vick look at his completion percentage 94' or even McNabb you can be taught accuracy with good coaching. Heck even look at Hasselbeck when he first got here(2001) compared to 2003-2007.

Jake ran the wing-T in high school then with Willingham they didn't have any check down throws. It was bombs, long runs, picks or punts was that offense.

FYI, the people who praised Locker the most weren't from the NW btw. Pete Carroll has no Seattle ties in 2009 when he said Locker was the best QB this decade in the Pac-10. Mike Belotti again no Seattle ties said Locker was the best QB in the nation heading into the year.

Mike Mayock still lists him as a first round pick. We get it you hate Locker and wish failure on him. Unless he is injured there is no way he is out of the league in five years like you hope he will be.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I wish failure on all hybrid QBs....His Fuskie career has NOTHING to do with it....I actually LIKED the Stevens pick at the time, thought Brunell and Nap were studs in the NFL, always rooted for Mario Bailey to make a roster, and still think Lawyer is a great player for us....

Unlike most Fuskiefans who talked GANG OF SHIT about Tru when he got drafted by us I've never really bashed Fuskies that became Seahawks....Could care less about their college if they do well for my team....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't like the Trufant pick but for different reasons. Shawn Springs was one of my favorite players and seeing how he was a free agent at the end of the 2003 season I knew his days in Seattle were numbered.

I think Trufant sucks now but that pick worked out. Would have liked to have seen more interceptions from that high of a pick is my only complaint.

I hate running QB's too. I swear it was a cruel joke from God to have Locker be the quarterback for my favorite team. Even meaner if he does it again.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Sprungs was HORRIBLE except for 1998-99...Dude couldn't tackle and got toasted left and right every game...Kinda a poor man's MEon Sanders...

Dude was more interested in doing GQ pics in Seattle Magazine than playing football....Seriously...Dude did a spread of GQ pics and gave an interview about his "favorite place to get a manicure"....What a PUSSY....

You didn't like the Tru pick? SHOCKING...LOL....No Fuskiefans did....Heard plenty of shit from people I've sat by at Qwest for years since they took him about being "A FUCKING COOOOOUG"....Like I said....Like I said...I could care less about ANY SEAHAWKS' college choices when they play for the Blue and Green Football Machine, they are MONEY to me...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't like Trufant because I knew it was the end of the Springs era. I got attach to Springs 94' remember I became a fan in like 1995. Well in 1997 Allen took over and we brought in Chad Brown(first ever jersey still have it, wear it for retro stuff) and Shawn Springs. So those two guys I got attached too.

Trufant could have been from UW or Boston College, etc. It didn't matter one of my childhood guys I knew was gone.

Once he was gone I realized players come and go and life goes on. Hell I remember taunting him when we burned him in the 2005 playoffs and again in the 2007 playoffs. He pissed me off in fact after we beat them he texted Ken Lucas all his notes on us to help beat us. He probably forgot to include "Don't get burned by a backup QB on a 29 yard fade" . LOL.

Like I said nothing to do with Trufant from where he was from. I loved Tobeck one of my favorite Seahawks ever. Again didn't like the Spencer pick either I knew it was the end of the Tobeck era.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Chad Brown(first ever jersey still have it, wear it for retro stuff)

Where do you think '94 comes from? Still have a few jerseys he gave me....Need to get them framed...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55210 said:
Accuracy was never the Dogkiller's issue....Always ragged on him for being a highpowered RB, he was always pretty good at finding WRs but he ran more than he threw...

His issues were never checking down....He'd look at only ONE WR then take off running if they were covered...

Are you serious? Look at his career completion percentage in Atlanta, his TD to INT ratio as well.

Michael Vick NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

In Atlanta he complete 53.8% of his passes I'd say accuracy was a huge issue for him.

Now he is at 62.6% in Philadelphia. If that isn't "learning" accuracy I don't know what is.

Steve Young NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Steve Young his first four years in the league he never had a completion percentage higher than 54% then he led the NFL in completion percentage five times! He was still a runner too rushing for over 400 yards four times after 1991.

I'd say Young also learned accuracy. As you can see some QB's can learn accuracy.

Not saying Locker will be accurate but to dismiss the notion that he can is some serious tunnel vision there.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;55294 said:
Are you serious? Look at his career completion percentage in Atlanta, his TD to INT ratio as well.

Michael Vick NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

In Atlanta he complete 53.8% of his passes I'd say accuracy was a huge issue for him.

Now he is at 62.6% in Philadelphia. If that isn't "learning" accuracy I don't know what is.

Steve Young NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Steve Young his first four years in the league he never had a completion percentage higher than 54% then he led the NFL in completion percentage five times! He was still a runner too rushing for over 400 yards four times after 1991.

I'd say Young also learned accuracy. As you can see some QB's can learn accuracy.

Not saying Locker will be accurate but to dismiss the notion that he can is some serious tunnel vision there.

I agree with what you are saying and have all along. I just think when you put it in terms of "learning" accuracy it makes it sound wishy washy. You learn and improve fundementals such as: footwork, throwing motion, posture, etc. Improving these fundementals improves accuracy so when someone says you either have accuracy or you don't...well that's not true. There are QB's where accuracy comes natural to them, but those who are not naturally accurate...accuracy can always improve by improving fundementals.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

You throw out stats to make yourself seem like you know shit...

THERE ARE FUCKING VARIBLES....WRs who drop passes, playing in windy conditions, play calls, throwaways, and being hit when you are in your throwing motion...

Fundementals are the key...You are born with those....Look at the kid from UCONN, he's a NATURAL and kinda proves my theory...You CAN develop some accuracy but that kid AND MOST NFL QBS are BORN WITH IT...

You think he just "practiced" alot and "learned" to do that? FUCK NO....Kid had that when the Football God's put a thunderbolt in his arm at birth....That's like saying you can "teach a pitcher to throw 100"...You either GOT IT, or you don't....

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55308 said:
That's like saying you can "teach a pitcher to throw 100"...You either GOT IT, or you don't....

Wouldn't that be arm strength though? You can teach a pitcher to be more consitent around the strike zone by bettering their fundementals...that is more comparable to accuracy than throwing 100 mph. This arguement could go around and around though.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
For the record.. I don't think david carr was a bust.. i think he busted his ass alot cuz he got no protection at all and that ruined what could have been..IMO

Top Bottom