• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lynch starring in movie about his life

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score

RENTON, Wash. -- Get ready for the Beast biopic.

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch will star in a movie about his life, the San Jose Mercury first reported Friday.

10456.jpg

LynchThe movie title will be "First Family" and will chronicle Lynch's rise from the streets of Oakland to NFL stardom.

"Just trying something new," Lynch told the Mercury. "For me, it's just about having some fun. It's just a fun experience. I also get to shine the light on the [Oakland] community and some of the things that we grew up doing and what we went through."

The movie also will feature NFL quarterback Josh Johnson, a childhood friend of Lynch's who signed with the 49ers on Thursday. Actor Delroy Lindo, an Oakland resident, reportedly may have a role in the movie.

Relativity Media has already purchased the rights to the PG-13 film, which is slated for release at the end of 2014.

The information released about the movie states Lynch believes he's stereotyped for his dreadlocks, his gold teeth and his inner-city mannerisms, which explains why his mistakes get more attention than his good deeds. So Lynch is looking to put his story in context through this movie. It will reveal the context of what shaped him, his struggles, his triumphs, his mistakes and his family.

"I'm more than ready to play myself," Lynch said. "I got the acting bug when I played a small role in 'Matt's Chance' starring Gary Busey. I definitely want to expand my opportunities after football. I've also been on a couple TV shows, so I'm not nervous."

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Better than a gay reality show on Oprahs joke of a network ...........#ramsam

Spud your jealousy is noted. However I've heard that the filming has been canceled since the Rams were against it. Most likely the NFL network will film a series on the Rams instead. So no Oprah. Sorry Spud.:D

Top Bottom