• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Maybe its Ruskell and Mora who take a Sabbaticle

Idahawk

Reaction score
The question is out there now ..and you have to wonder if Holmgren wants to go out like this or if maybe he's been offered control once again , Im guessing that the way we play sunday will be a huge factor if the players have any say so...could be huge if he stays and takes the helm once again !

Do you want what we have going on now ? Or did you like what Holmgren did as a GM/HC ?

Holmgren say's he still has an itch he wants to scratch...and former green bay packers are hard to get rid of LOL.

I personally would love anything that would bond this team and if this is the answer then lets roll !

Maybe Mike Holmgen has been offered just the GM job ? something is up .

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/se ... 71052.html

Reaction score
Holmgren's wife has said that there is no way he is getting out of it. After this year off, he might want to come back.

Reaction score
Holmgren is done in Seattle. It's obvious that Ruskell and him have had their issues, but I doubt Allen would let Ruskell force him out. I think Holmgren's year off is needed for him and his family. Will he coach again in the NFL? I think so... Will he be an adviser or GM type in the NFL I would bet my life on it. He's a competitor and I think had he not promised Kathy this was it he would be back. He in no way will go out a loser and they will win today, but just sad to know the year was hampered by injuries. Seattle will never forget what Mike has done for this team and orginization. I still can't believe it's been 9 wonderful years! I just wish I could re-live ever Holmgren moment again :)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Who knows where Allen is at in all this...he has seen his team go backwards IMO in the last few years and the lack of depth has to be a little concerning....He must know that Mike is going to coach again so why let the guy walk , only to go to another team maybe as soon as next year....If it has come down to a choice for Allen, a ME or HIM scenario then you would have to take Holmgren wouldn't you ?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I would like to see him as the equivalent of Bill Parcells' role with the Dolphins. I think he sucked as coach/GM. Show me how his drafts picks ended up better than Ruskell's. I do think that he could be far better given only those responsibilities and not combining the responsibilities of coaching, too.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I would like to see him as the equivalent of Bill Parcells' role with the Dolphins. I think he sucked as coach/GM. Show me how his drafts picks ended up better than Ruskell's. I do think that he could be far better given only those responsibilities and not combining the responsibilities of coaching, too.
I second this. As a president/GM he might be as great as he was at coach. Coaching and Gm is alot to put on one guys plate, that said it was mostly his guys that took us to the promised land. He drafted Hutch who in my opinion is the primary difference between the 05 to 06 Seahawk teams. On the negative Jerramy Stevens was also Holmgren's.

Top Bottom