• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McNabb getting roasted !!

Idahawk

Reaction score
Did you see this ..he claims to not have known that NFL games could end in ties...and then he went as far as to ask about what happens in the playoffs and superbowl :shock: The Philly Fans are tearing him to shreads right now.... I will bet that we is gone from PHI next year

Reaction score
I kind of wonder if we should adapt some kind of shoot out like in college if you make it through 5 quarters tied.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
The shootout is bad ass..ties are not ...it sucks for everyone , the two teams , the fans, everyone !

Reaction score
I think we need to adopt the OT rules like College uses and the college level should adopt our playoffs. Now to defend my Cuse QB that did great things for our program. Football is the only sport that can result in a tie if not mistaken. Hockey I'm pretty sure went to the shoot out, Baseball well they go till it's over and same with basketball. So I can see where he got misunderstood on this.

Reaction score
I think you can still tie in hockey... Each team gets 3 shots in the shoot out and if they're still tied then it's over... I believe... I'm not a big hockey guy... or even a little hockey guys lol

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
So make the NFL OT a true shoot out.

Field goals don't count.

Team A goes first...
Team A scores a TD: Team B scores, OT continues. Team B does not score, Team A wins.
Team A does not score a TD: Team B does not score a TD, OT continues. Team B scores, Team B wins.

If at any time, the defense returns an INT or a F for a TD, that defense's team wins.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
So make the NFL OT a true shoot out.

Field goals don't count.

Team A goes first...
Team A scores a TD: Team B scores, OT continues. Team B does not score, Team A scores Team A wins.
Team A does not score a TD: Team B does not score a TD, OT continues. Team B scores, Team B wins.

If at any time, the defense returns an INT or a F for a TD, that defense's team wins.

fixed

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I think we need to adopt the OT rules like College uses and the college level should adopt our playoffs. Now to defend my Cuse QB that did great things for our program. Football is the only sport that can result in a tie if not mistaken. Hockey I'm pretty sure went to the shoot out, Baseball well they go till it's over and same with basketball. So I can see where he got misunderstood on this.

Hockey games always end in a tie...

Reaction score
Ok so hockey does end an ties. I'm not at all a hockey fan so I was pretty unsure of that.

As for the reason we will never go to a playoff format like College.... Television Scheduling. They need that 15 minute gap from the 1 game finishing to the 4 pm game start. They can't afford to wait any longer if a game goes into 5 OTs like that Notre Dame. I wish it would happen, but I don't think our OT format will ever change.

Top Bottom