• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Me think the media doth protest too much

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Where were they then?

Kevin Blackistone, Dallas Morning News on ESPN's "Around the Horn": "Now let's stop this whining going on with the Seattle fans. The litmus test for this is the fact when you talk to the Seattle Seahawks after the game, they didn't talk about the referees. They talked about problems they had of their own making."
J.A. Adande, Los Angeles Times on ESPN's "Around the Horn": "The officiating contributed to the outcome. It did not determine the outcome. The bottom line is Seattle still had the ball in the fourth quarter with a chance to take the lead and Hasselbeck threw that interception. Yeah. There were some questionable things. I've never seen a holding call where a guy only uses one hand. I don't even know if it's possible to hold a defender with one hand. They did call that. They were blowing things all night. But Seattle, the Seahawks were the ones blowing things even worse."
Jay Mariotti, Chicago Sun-Times on ESPN's "Around the Horn": "When Kelly Herndon intercepts that ball and runs it back, I thought Seattle was going to win the football game. And all those calls pretty much came before that so you can't sit here and say Seattle lost because of the penalties."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/What-the-experts-are-saying-about-the-Super-Bowl-1195077.php#ixzz27YWwRren

Where are they now?

Kevin B. Blackistone@ProfBlackistone
Lol! Yes, even that USA USSR basketball debacle doesn't look so bad in retrospect either

J.A. Adande@jadande
NBA survived Donaghy. NFL will get over this ref mess.

Jay Mariotti@MariottiJ
Headline @USATODAY: Replacement refs blow gamehttp://usat.ly/Qg5XVZ Stop watching, folks. This league isn't worth your time

This is what makes me angry, not the calls, the arrogance of the ignorant bastards. When we told you the refs were blowing the games you all said, "Meh."

So now when you whine I say, "Meh."

Reaction score
I just hope we make the playoffs, we make it convicingly into the playoffs. If we make it by one game, or if we win a tiebreaker this is all going to come back. Can you imagine if it comes down to us and Green Bay for the 6th playoff spot? Or if we finish either tied with them or one game better than them and end up hosting them in the playoffs? People will throw a fit... Well, another fit.

Also I'm pretty sure its "methinks," not "me think."

S

Seattlehawk94

Alot of the same guys you listed ripped the NFL over XL..

We've become worse than Pissburgh, we are hypocrites...

"methinks" it's fucking moronic seeing the same crybaby pics Pissburgh fans posted 6 years ago and ever since to describe us..

Me thinks that score is higher and that play never happens with someone else at QB...

Reaction score
I just hope we make the playoffs, we make it convicingly into the playoffs. If we make it by one game, or if we win a tiebreaker this is all going to come back. Can you imagine if it comes down to us and Green Bay for the 6th playoff spot? Or if we finish either tied with them or one game better than them and end up hosting them in the playoffs? People will throw a fit... Well, another fit.

Also I'm pretty sure its "methinks," not "me think."
I still think GB wins the division. Chicago is a mess, Minny will prob go .500 and teams figured out Detroit- double Calvin Johnson.

Reaction score
I still think GB wins the division. Chicago is a mess, Minny will prob go .500 and teams figured out Detroit- double Calvin Johnson.

Ok, but what if we get the 2 and they get the 3? We get a bye and if they win their game, they'd have to come here.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Alot of the same guys you listed ripped the NFL over XL..

We've become worse than Pissburgh, we are hypocrites...

"methinks" it's fucking moronic seeing the same crybaby pics Pissburgh fans posted 6 years ago and ever since to describe us..

Me thinks that score is higher and that play never happens with someone else at QB...

Are you one of the people that would rather being in GB's position and complain about being ripped off?

Idahawk

Reaction score
I would love to play Green Bay again ! How would they like to come back to C-ean of the crime, I know that's bad, but not as bad as Bobs joke was ? LOL

I never cried about the refs in XL and I'm not feeling sorry for Green Bay or any other team that's lost because of referees and bad calls , don't get in that situation in the first place ! here's Pete's take, if you haven't cean it .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ve-on-from-controversy?module=HP11_hot_topics

Reaction score
Just saying, this entire media shit storm? I don't know what you want to call it, but it will come back and then some.
Yeah it probably will. But, fuck em all!

Like Ida said, I would love to host them in the playoffs, thats all the media would talk about leading up to the game and GB would come in and play butt hurt. And you know our defense and 12th man will bring it harder than MNF!! So bring it on!

Reaction score
I would love to play Green Bay again ! How would they like to come back to C-ean of the crime, I know that's bad, but not as bad as Bobs joke was ? LOL

I never cried about the refs in XL and I'm not feeling sorry for Green Bay or any other team that's lost because of referees and bad calls , don't get in that situation in the first place ! here's Pete's take, if you haven't cean it .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ve-on-from-controversy?module=HP11_hot_topics

SEAne of the crime.

S

Seattlehawk94

Are you one of the people that would rather being in GB's position and complain about being ripped off?

No, I'd rather we had a QB who can get more than 7
Points in a game we dominated....Though they now have a target on their backs..More than normal, CSH's gloating is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way...

We won a game we should have won thanks to the defense and Rustbucket is the "hero" according to CSH...

Idahawk

Reaction score
SEAne of the crime.

I was going C for c-link, but that's better LOL .

Hey 94

I saw that Cam Newton wears a Flynn jersey under his Hello Kitty T-Shirt . The legend only grows bigger !

S

Seattlehawk94

How else is he supposed to paint it? "Yeah, we got a lucky win. We shouldn't be 2-1."

Show class...Even Parcells admitted Testaverde's "TD" was garbage....

Look at Coach Mac "We don't complain because that's not the Packer way.."

You think Carroll isn't Mircomachine it up at 100 words a second in front of the mic if that's the right call?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Show class...Even Parcells admitted Testaverde's "TD" was garbage....

Look at Coach Mac "We don't complain because that's not the Packer way.."

You think Carroll isn't Mircomachine it up at 100 words a second in front of the mic if that's the right call?

Except they are all complaining, probably harder than I have seen any player complaining in recent history. I think Carroll has done a nice job handling it. If you heard Carroll on with Lindsay Rhodes, I think he is dead on. She was being a whore and he was calm and collected.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksblog/2019261091_only_in_the_nfl.html

Reaction score
Eh, maybe who cares? The locker room needs to feel like they earned that victory, because they did. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Reaction score
Except they are all complaining, probably harder than I have seen any player complaining in recent history. I think Carroll has done a nice job handling it. If you heard Carroll on with Lindsay Rhodes, I think he is dead on. She was being a whore and he was calm and collected.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksblog/2019261091_only_in_the_nfl.html
I did see that last night. She was being a provoking little cunt, but Pete handled it well. Just wish he would quit saying shit "So that was pretty cool". Wish he'd stop with all the college sounding shit like calling the players "kids" and refering to the team as a "program". I know its hard to shake after being at SC for 10 years, but its still annoying.

Top Bottom