• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Michael Bennett - "no home team discount, this isnt Costco"

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
There has been alot of talk that we absolutely have to resign Michael Bennett, and I agree that he is a priority but he shouldn't get Percy Harvin type money.
I dont know what kind of money he's looking for, but if he thinks he is going to get superstar $$ I think he should go looking else where and here's why:

1. His stats are impressive but not Elite: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12762/michael-bennett
* 8.5 sacks is damn good especially for a DT/LE hybrid, but he is 29th on the list for sacks.
2. He is a good fit on this team because of how he is used and the players that complement him.
3. Seahawks are set to make another SB run
4. Team has alot of other pass rushers that have or will contribute.
5. He's 28 yrs old.

He should certainly see a raise and longer contract, but not a major increase in what he made last year. He made 4.8 M on a 1 yr. So I could see a 5-7 M escalating 4-year contract with some serious guaranteed money say in 10-12M range.

Cliff Avril will hit our cap for 9.25 M and in IMO is the best pass rusher on our team.

We have alot of guys to re-sign to keep this team together, I just hope guys don't get too prideful and greedy.
And dont give me the "I got to take care/feed my family" BS line, if you cant do that with a few million a year than you got personal issues.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I've seen Bennett say that 4-5 times now He took a discount last year with the 1 year deal so I don't fault the guy for wanting a big payday and a long term contract and he'll get it , just not with the Seahawks . Bennett's going to get paid by someone that not only wants his talent but wants his Seahawks Knowledge , Dallas comes to mind .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Idahawk

Reaction score
Cowherd called Irvin a bust and even though I don't see it that way , we did have to hire guys to get it done for us like Avril and Bennett in regards to pass rush and sacks . I'd like to see us find a few young guns in the if Bennett opts to jet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bust I think is way strong, but that's how cowherd rolls.

I'd give him (Bruce) a year, maybe try him back at the leo, if clem doesnt re-negotiate. Cliff can play and is a threat from either side of the DL.

Top Bottom