• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Miller restructures deal

Idahawk

Reaction score
Inside the Seahawks draft room
While they continue to eye the prospect of signing Jermichael Finley, the Seattle Seahawks locked up a familiar face at tight end Saturday.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Zach Miller has agreed to a restructured two-year, incentive-packed contract worth up to $8 million that will keep the tight end in the Pacific Northwest through 2015, according to a source involved in the process. KIRO-AM's Danny O'Neil first reported the signing.

Miller, a valued blocker who played 58 of 60 snaps in the Super Bowl, was a prime target for release with a $5.8 million price tag for 2014. Instead, he'll earn a base of $3 million in each of the next two seasons to remain with a cast of tight ends that includes Luke Willson and Anthony McCoy -- and perhaps Finley.

On this week's "Around the League Podcast," we cited Seattle's interest in Finley as one of the more underrated narratives to emerge during the first phase of free agency. Adding the former Green Bay Packers target would give Russell Wilson a versatile collection of tight ends to work with in an offense that hasn't historically used that position to excess during the quarterback's two-year run with the team.

The Miller signing doesn't suggest to us that talks with Finley have broken down, but only that Miller came around on a much more affordable deal that Pete Carroll and friends were willing to work with.

The "Around The League Podcast" breaks down all the free-agency moves and hands out a fleet of high-octane sandwiches.

Free Brandon Browner

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Good news. We already got our "joker" TE in Willson so retaining Miller is much more beneficial than acquiring Jermichael Finley.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Don't mess with the bread and butter , Miller is invaluable in the run game , hoping McCoy can return to his potential

I'd like to see Hauschka re-upped as well , he's a foregone conclusion in the kicking game .

Free Brandon Browner

Reaction score
Sounds like Finley is still very much a possibility.

Also, semantics but, technically this isn't a restructuring. it's a completely new contract.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What a team first guy, I think he took less then he is worth, but he did get paid pretty good in Seattle to this point.

Bob, I think I am getting bruises just watching your GIF, so awesome!!

Reaction score
Glad they kept Miller. Dude doesn't always show up on the stat sheet but the dude can block like a monster. We've seen him take on DE's and LB's time after time and he holds it down.

Top Bottom