• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mora ISN'T the Problem

Reaction score
I don't know why a lot of people are jumping on Mora for "poor" coaching of the defense backs when you can't coach no talent plays to have talent in a matter of 2 seasons. Trufant is a solid player, but even he has given up a few plays this year. Jennings to me looks like a bust with an occasional big play. Wilson has turned into a gem it seems like, but he gave up that catch to Fitz which should have been swatted away and that catch that he should have picked off, but some how it bounced into Boldin's hands.

Last year our Secondary was pretty good and guess who was the coach? Hmm...Maybe Mora?

The whole team's production has dropped and it doesn't seem like it will change for the remainder of the year.

If you wanna blame someone, blame our drafting of short Corners in a division where we need height.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
This is the same Seattle secondary that was tied for 3rd in the NFL with 20 interceptions last year... This is the same secondary that allowed a LEAGUE-LOW 15 touchdown passes last season... And, who was it coached by? Yeah. It's not Mora Jr.'s fault. I can't wait for Jim Mora Jr. to take over. He's going to be an aggressive coach that will propel us to the playoffs yet again.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, I'll blame Mora...

I hate him and Little Ruskells...Give it a couple of years, we'll be Atlanta West with Dogkiller, Hall, etc, filling up our roster.

Mora is a shitty coach...Just like his daddy.

Reaction score
PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! ARE WE TALKING PLAYOFFS?! I JUST WANNA WIN A GOSH DARN GAME...

Not going to lie I honestly have mixed emotions about Mora. I think if Mora can keep his Atlanta ties in Atlanta other then a few coordinators then I'm not worried at all, but if he comes in and wants to bring in guys like Vick and Hall as 94 mentioned then yes I'm worried. I think Mora is a lot more fire 'em up coach then Mike, but I don't wanna be the Convicks of the NFL. I'm a Seahawk fan not Convicks.

I do wish though they had waited and looked at some available coaches this year. Never know if we could have landed Steve Spagnolo the D coordinator in New York.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
So if Mora isn't the problem than who exactly is? It's true yes, that last year we had a killer secondary under Mora, but it's also true that our secondary pretty much remains the same this year and look at how bad it's doing. If you look at Jim Mora's career in Atlanta, when he first took over the team he had a great season at 11-5, but after that never had a season above 500. It seems like Mora takes over the secondary, has a good first season, then f's it up after that. Maybe there is something going on behind the sences that we arn't seeing, but from a statistical and historical outlook, Mora is to blame!

wmarcus1203

Huddler
Reaction score
The problem is John Marshall as defensive cordinator. Our defensive scheme has been horrid this year. Last weak i saw plays where Lofa was covering anquan boldin by himself, 1 for a huge pass play.

John Marshall is a bum

Top Bottom