• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Forum Owner Here

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well since this is the place to do introductions, I thought this would be the best place to do so.

As of last night, which is why we had a little bit of down time(longer for some people), the site was moved to a new server. The only other downtime you guy might experience is when we switch to the new forum software, but that should be a very small amount of downtime, if any.

But, first things first, current mods will remain mods, current Admin/Founds will be Super mods when we move to the new forum software. I really want to make this transition as smooth as possible and keep this site going in the right direction.

I do lots of research on sites before acquiring them, and this site has a ton of potential to be one of the best online sites for the Seattle Seahawks. With your help, I know we can make it that way. If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please post them here. I am very open when it comes to transitioning a site and want to be as informative as possible.

Couple personal notes about myself, I love the game of football. If I had to pick a team, it would be the Chargers considering I live in Southern California and can get down to see all their games. (Last playoff game was just painful) Again, I bought this site because of the potential to be great. My job is a web designer for my own company down here in So Cal. I am sure you will find out more about me as time goes on, but for now, this is all I can think of. :)

Again, I welcome all questions/concerns/comments, feel free to post anything.

Reaction score
So we can assume there will be an increase in ads? And what new forum script will you be running? I'd suggest IPB or vBulletin. IPB is the best in terms of total cost and mod/skin support, but vBulletin is great too, but costs more.

Reaction score
Well Hello there Rob. Glad that you're interested in the Huddle itself. 18 did a great job with it and that's quite noticeable with the site.

Hope to talk in the near future!
Hawk096

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
vBulletin is going to be the new forum software the site will be moving to. I went with vBulletin since I have used that on other forums and have a pretty good idea of what mods/plugins work well to get sites to the next level. I will let people have a sneak peak at it when it is ready and offer up some suggestions for improvements.

As for ads, I will have a MAXIMUM of 3 ads per page. These are extremely fast loading ads and will not take away from the overall user experience.

Thank for your comments btw. I look forward to interacting more with you guys down the road. Specially when Pete Carroll gets his hands dirty with the Seahawks. I watched him coach at USC for many years. Just a little nervous to see how it will translate to the NFL this time.

Reaction score
robdog said:
vBulletin is going to be the new forum software the site will be moving to. I went with vBulletin since I have used that on other forums and have a pretty good idea of what mods/plugins work well to get sites to the next level. I will let people have a sneak peak at it when it is ready and offer up some suggestions for improvements.

As for ads, I will have a MAXIMUM of 3 ads per page. These are extremely fast loading ads and will not take away from the overall user experience.

Thank for your comments btw. I look forward to interacting more with you guys down the road. Specially when Pete Carroll gets his hands dirty with the Seahawks. I watched him coach at USC for many years. Just a little nervous to see how it will translate to the NFL this time.
Sounds good, glad you bought the Huddle and hopefully you keep it around for a long time. In regards to plugins/mods I think a chat/shoutbox would be a good thing to have. Right now we have a chat that is used during games by a few of us, especially with away games.

Do you plan on creating a Seahawk's skin or customizing one that's already made?

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great suggestion. Flash Chat is on the to do list which integrates nicely into vBulletin.

Top Bottom