• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Odds TJ Stays Starter next Year

Idahawk

Reaction score
What are your Odds that TJ remains the starter for the 2012 season. please explain your answer.

Everything I read and hear when it come to PC and TJ is that PC loves this guy. It is only his first season with us and again the O-line is rearing its ugly head with injuries . The knee jerk reaction is to blame the QB myself included . But its pretty much everyone making mistakes and what good will a rookie QB do for us next year as a starter ? same shit different day. TJ is tough and has a rocket arm and with a good D he can manage a game, make some big throws and run when he is healthy. It makes sense to not to change until you see the total product operating as it should .

I say 85% chance he stays the starter.

Reaction score
60% He starts the season, but if he starts out poorly I wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced by a rookie (Barkley) or maybe Flynn (?).

Mostly for the same reasons you mentioned. He hasn't been horrible. Especially considering the Olines struggles early on. I keep wanting to blame things on him and keep telling myself he's a horrid QB, but he gets it done and hes definitly won a couple games for us. After watching Charlie play, it really put things in perspective for me.... it could be a lot worse.

Reaction score
If this winning streak continues his odds of staying the starter go up because our odds of drafting one of these QBs goes down. Even if we get another QB we should re-sign him because he knows this system and he can help anyone we bring in learn it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He is signed for this season and next at a slightly lower price tag than Whitehurst, about $4 million a year. That price tag, to me, indicates that while he may start next season, PC and JS do not view him as a long term starter and will be looking, again, for another option in the off season.

Reaction score
No worries bro. On the topic of resignings, heard thd announcers yesterday mention Lynch and Seahawks are currently talkimg contract. Would be a good idea imo to resign him now instead of FA where his price may be driven up.

But Idk how credible those FOX announcer are, they can't pronounce half the players names.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
TJack is the 'odds on' favorite to start next year.

Given Charlie will be gone, and our long term need, we will get another QB.
The only scenario that TJACK doesnt start Game #1 of 2012 reg. season is injury, or we bring in a ready made FA QB (manning anyone?). But I think we will draft a QB , and he will sit behind TJack until an oppurtunity presents itself. Again either Injury, or TJack plays himself out of a job.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
TJack is the 'odds on' favorite to start next year.

Given Charlie will be gone, and our long term need, we will get another QB.
The only scenario that TJACK doesnt start Game #1 of 2012 reg. season is injury, or we bring in a ready made FA QB (manning anyone?). But I think we will draft a QB , and he will sit behind TJack until an oppurtunity presents itself. Again either Injury, or TJack plays himself out of a job.

If Charlie is gone I expect tjack (or more accurately his agent) to ask for a new contract commensurate with his status as a starting NFL qb. Whether we draft a qb or not, he might hold out for a contract or for a trade, but I doubt he'd play the final year of a contract as a starter. That would be career suicide. He's going to want a new deal. He might even deserve one. Of course....

We could trade for TEBOW!!!

woo hoo... LOL

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
TJ's contract has incentives making it worth 10 mil over 2 years so I doubt he walks or fights for starter money when he is on his last leg. Play out the deal and if you are winning the FO should pay you long before the end of next year . Of course if he wins 50% of the games left this season he may want a long term contract hard to make the call until whats done is done . The bad part is losing Moffit and Carpenter and TJ's injury . These factors leave us back at square one not knowing what we have yet .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wether Tjack he plays well enough to drum up trade interest, or we get him at min starter money next year, either way its a win - win. He came in as the starter, and PC giving him a shot, but I dont think he outplays his contract unless the unimaginable happens.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The thing i've noticed about this regime (and really reminds me of green bay in their rebuilding stage in the not so distant past) is that we are bargain shopping, getting steals of draft picks, and are still are able to be contenders through our rebuild. Aside from Aaron Rodgers i see this team being almost a mirror image of the packers a few years ago. Weak O-line, one of the youngest teams in football, numerous penalties... yadda yadda. This team under this regime WILL be an elite team by 2013-14 and be back again to running this division. Also, I think Tar Baby is more than capable of running this offense. I honestly dont see hasselbeck doing any better for us if we kept him (not that jackson is playing outstanding or anything) Have faith! We will find our Aaron Rodgers eventually. I have the utmost faith in the talent seeking skills of Schneider and Carroll and that is what i think is the most important of all.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are way ahead of schedule in this rebuild whether you think so or not. Lets worry about the rest of the team....then worry about Tar Baby and the QB issues

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ya know... I didn't think it was but I looked it up and apparently it is! My dad got me hooked on calling him that even before week one but failed to tell me the racist part lol. Sorry if I offended anyone. Wasn't my intention. The kinda funny thing is I KNOW FOR A FACT ive said this in front of my black friend. Hes one of those really white acting black dudes though. Thanks for the heads up #One. I could've got shanked for that one.

Reaction score
Haha no worries dude I'm not offended. I was just wondering. Either way its a clever play on his name. I lile TJack he seems like a good dide and a pretty vocal leader. I see him talking to his receivers about mistakes and miscommunication all the time.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like T-Baby. He has shown improvement almost every week it seems.

On a side note: Holy shit! I thought the haters were bad with Hasselbeck! Jackson gets absolutely no respect whatsoever! (except from some of the smart analysts around the league like kurt warner, jamie dukes, brian billick, etc) But from most of the fan's standpoint its like we have Jamarcus Russell's down syndrome kid brother out there playing for us or something. Pisses me off.

Reaction score
T-Jack has had some moments this year where he's impressed the hell out of me. Honestly, I was expecting Whitehurst to take over at some point this year. I never would have guessed Jackson would be the superior QB, and its not even close.

I am worried about him in the Eagles game though, he won't get to practice at all that week.

Top Bottom