• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Seahawks - 9/26: WIN 27 - 20

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I think this will be a great litmus test for our team. We have the Bolts at home, huge home field advantage against one of the best teams in the NFL. I can tell you one thing though, if you think last weeks score was bad, let's lose the turn over battle to San Diego 4 - 0 and see what the score looks like.

If we win the turn over battle we can win this game. Need to get the running game going early to take some pressure off of Hasselbeck. Forsett and the O-line need to step up. Better running game = better passing game.

Side Note - Anyone else going to be at the stadium this week? My seats are here. If so, we should meet up for a beer.

Qwest Field Section 109 Lower Level Charter Seat View at SeatHound.com

Reaction score
I live in San Diego :eek: So I will be at the bar sporting my Hawks jersey surrounded by lots of Charger fans. I'm working on my walk of shame.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Care to catch a beer? I live in So Cal, I am coming up to the game. Care to catch a beer before the game? Robdog and I will be there together. Let me know.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Legal shmegal. LOL. No problem. Just thought I would ask.

Reaction score
dizzle498;50492 said:
Care to catch a beer? I live in So Cal, I am coming up to the game. Care to catch a beer before the game? Robdog and I will be there together. Let me know.

Where in SoCal are ya?

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
In the OC Baby! Haha, I was raised by my grandfather who was a HUGE Mariners, Seahawks and Sonics fan all the time I was growing up (did I mess up by mentioning the name Sonics?). Anyway, I have always been a Hawks fan back to the days of the old AFC West. Should have never split the divisions into 4 parts, was much more fun watching 5 team leagues.

Will be repin' big in Seattle on Sunday though, taking the Bolts down to beat down town.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Let me give you two hu-ge factors in this game.. besides turnover battle.

1. Lots of rain
2. Affect the QB

We have the and edge if get these two things. I hope the D scheme will include more blitzing packages then last week.

Reaction score
Seahawks are playing hard out there. Obviously a mistake trying to run the ball in with Hasselbeck. Scoring a TD or FG there would have really helped out.

Reaction score
Corners still SUCK!
Hawthorne is the only LB that the opposing teams fear getting hit by. Still to many holes. Luckily SD cannot hold onto the ball.

Reaction score
Great game. Offense wasn't very good, but Leon Washington and the defense stepped up and won the game.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;50562 said:
Defense got worn down. What were they saying about trufant's injury?
I haven't been able to find anything on Trufant or Curry. Trufant's injury was an ankle and Curry's was a hamstring I believe. I didn't notice Curry back in the game and the announcers seemed to ignore his injury.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Our LBs are terrible in coverage. Especially Curry and double especially Will Herring. I miss the trio of Lofa, Hill, and Peterson. Back when we were considered one of the best cores in the league. Hawthorne is playing well tho. I actually wont be too sad if Curry is out (except for the fact that Herring will most likely replace him). Curry has failed to do anything positive for this team. Has anyone noticed that our secondary DOES NOT thrive in a prevent defense? Thats when we ALWAYS get burned. Always in crucial times too.

Even with all the negatives i like where things are going with this team. LEON ALMOST HAD THREE FUCKING KICK RETURNS FOR TDs!!! Our special teams is by far the most improved unit. I cant remember the last time i was excited about our special teams. I believe Hass will get better. Hes been kind of down on his luck mainly cuz of all the change. And since we havent established a solid running game im not AT ALL ready to start anyone but him for the remainder of the year. Who else thought my pot dealer Whitehirst was coming in when they show Hass walking to the locker room? I was scared/excited/happy/sad all in one for about 15 secs LMAO!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Considering the defense had injuries to three top starters at each position: Mebane, Trufant, Curry, they played very well. Seems that the secondary plays zone too often, and while that alows for more int. oppurtunities Denver and SD both have been able to carve us up by finding the soft spot.

Thurmond did okay, but thought he dropped coverage once on a wheel route, and he also seems slow and a little bit loose on coverage. Any thoughts to this rookie?

Reaction score
Curry has a hamstring injury.

I like Thurmond a lot, he's got a lot of potential. Didn't look great today though.

Reaction score
Thurmond is looking good. He was in on a lot of tackles and had a deflection in the end zone.

Top Bottom