• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers vs. Seahawks Pre-game Poll

Who's gonna win this one?

• Seattle runs away with it (15 points or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GB win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Hop onto the e-tail gate huddlers & let me know you'r thoughts & predictions for the game please! My guess ain't worth a damn, as I'm zero for two tries so far this season...

I'm favoring the Seahawks in this game even though the majority of statistical information says otherwise. While reading some of the other threads and comments this past week, I scratched my noggin' to get some (info) food for thought together. For example, #ONE says that it takes QB pressure/sacks to be a truely dominate defense, and I tend to agree with his assessment. I've stated and believe that this is the best Seahawks defense ever assembled, but they can't play cover one in this game and win it (one safety deep & one playing linebacker). Therefore, I'm banking on our running game & running defense both being better than theirs!

Head Coaches & approximate winning percentages: GB's Mike McCarthy stands at .653 to Pete Carroll's .489 ranking.

Offensive Rankings: GB stands ahead at number 23 in the league with 323 yards per game so far. Seattle stands at number 28 and at 285 yards per game.

Defensive Rankings: GB stands at number 5 in the league allowing only 273 yards per game. Seattle weighs in at number 6 in the league and allows 274 yards per game. I'm hoping that a good game plan flip flops those standings this week, and I believe we have the better lineman too...

S

Seattlehawk94

What did I say about Wilson? Said GB have a QB, they do...

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is getting so upset about the anti-Wilson camp. I am rooting for the Seahawks! And if I think Russell Wilson is the wrong man for the job, well than that's my fucking prerogative!

I don't fucking like the guy, not one thing about him. He reminds me of a politocian. And last time I checked Kim Johg Il doesn't run this forum and we should at least be able to speak our minds.

Reaction score
If he's a politician, then the anti-Wilson camp is the tea party. Its just over the top and annoying. You all act like he's the worst thing to ever happen to this team, when he's a massive improvement over what we had last year. If you think Flynn should be the starter, I'm totally ok with that. Its when all of these statements made out of emotion instead of fact or logic start getting made that annoys me. I guarantee you, if Flynn was starting this week 94 would completely flip that prediction. That would turn a 21 point win loss into a 21 point win. I've seen nothing to indicate that Flynn is that much better than Wilson, in fact I haven't seen anything to indicate he's better than Wilson at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you support Flynn, that's fine. I don't think most of us mind. And yes, obviously you are free to say what you want. But the manner in which you're voicing your support of him is what I have a problem with. Its hard to take any of it seriously. Openly rooting for a player to get hurt isn't right, and that;s putting it lightly. I'm just tired of you guys acting like Flynn is god's gift to QBs and that Wilson is just your ordinary rookie 3rd rounder. Again, of course you're free to voice your displeasure with the situation. But it doesn't have to be every thread, and if you're going to bring it up again at least say something new. I'm really tired of this whole discussion. You guys are the ones that keep bringing it up, and yes you did bring it up 94. Its obvious what you mmeant, stop playing koy. That shit is annoying, that's one way you get under people's skin and provoke them into attacking you so you can try to make it look like you were the victim. Ugh, I have other crap I want to say but I'm really tired so I keep forgetting it.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I think we have a chance. Our strong secondary can be poison to Green Bays throwing offense. They have non-existent run game, so if they cant get in the rhythm with throws and score less or around 20 points, I´d say our offense has a good chance of outscoring them. If it becomes a shootout and Packers score more than 30 points, I dont see us having any chance whatsoever. Our strong running game should guarantee us a legit chance against that defense, that is so strongly built around one player (Matthews) and his blitzes will not do much against the run.

Green Bay is the clear favorite but I'd say we have a good chance if they are unable to establish a big early lead.

Reaction score
Massive improvement?? TJack averaged more than 130+ yards a game. Massive improvement??! In what fucking sense?? What has Wilson done so far that would be a massive improvement? Hand off to Marshawn better than his predecessor?

You haven't seen anything to make you think Flynn would do better? Really? Look at his regular season starts compared to Wilsons?? Record setting vs bottom of the league. How the fuck is that emotion??! That's just fucking facts!!

How about we address the elephant in the room? So far, Wilson hasnt lived up to his preseason billing. Wilson supporters or you "independents" don't like hearing about it. You try and flip the script and act like Flynnfan is the bad guy.

And hell yeah its getting brought up in every thread!! It's the biggest issue facing this team. Last in the league in passing... Are you kidding me??!! What the fuck else you want us to talk about?!

I'll continue to bring it up until QB isn't the biggest weakness on this team. And if you don't like it, let me be the first to say too bad!

Reaction score
As far as this game goes, I think we have a fighting chance. We should be able to stop the run and get GB into undesirable down and distance. Hopefully we can get to Rodgers a few times.

Marshawn should run for 120+ and Haushka kicks a game winner.

Russell Wilson slips by another week thanks to a great team effort plus the 12th Man.

Reaction score
Yeah, because yards are the ultimate indicator of QB efficiency. He takes care of the football, makes much better reads, is mmuch more accurate, and actually knows when to move in the pocket. If you can't see how he's an improvment over Tjack, then either you just don't remember what it was like watching T-Jack, or you're just being stubborn.

Fuck that tired ass argument. This isn't Green Bay, this is Seattle. On a level playing field Wilson looked better than Flynn. Period. And before you start making excuses for Flynn, remember you berated everyone for doing the same thing for Wilson after the AZ game.

Really tired of this too. I'm not trying to make you seem like the bad guys, say what you want but if you say it like a jackass don't expect to be taken seriously. Not by me at least.

Why though? This topic is so stale and you're not going to change any minds with the same regurgitated arguments.

Crowning Flynn as some awesome QB after two imppressive starts with an elite offense and making Wilson seem like the worst Seahawk ever after one very efficient start and one not so good start both seem kind of moronic. Somewhere between the Wilson fan boy side of the spectrum and the Flynn fan boy side of the spectrum is a magic place called objectivity, its a place where people don't get ridiculously high expectations base off of preseason performances. And based off of those reasonable expectations the people there actually think Wilson is neither the greastest or the worst thing ever. Believe it or not, there's stuff in between.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
On a level playing field Wilson looked better than Flynn. Period.

This is the only part I disagree with. If you remember, in trainings Flynn always beat Wilson. But in the preseason Wilson shined when he played against the 2nd, 3rd stringers and Flynn played against the 1st. And then Wilson had that one (1) great preseason game against the weak KC. We havent seen anything like that from him anywhere else and that game pretty much guaranteed Wilson the starting job.

To me it looked like a hasty and risky decision, which was an indication towards this season still being a part of the rebuilding phase. I dont think it was a "level playing field" or that Wilson looked better than Flynn. I think Flynn looked more steady and seemed to read the defenses better. Wilson just had greater flashes for chunk plays.

As a person Wilson seems precocious with his suit and the ever so forced talk about god, which I dont care for so much. But that is nothing that would stop me from developing a carrollesque mancrush on him if he performs well on the field :D

Anyway, the decision was made, it would be madness to change it now and although I disagreed with Carroll on the decision when it was made, I hope he was right and that Wilson thanks Pete for his trust by not letting this team down. I think he has elite QB potential, but I also think Flynn would bring more success right now.

Reaction score
If we beat GB by 50, it doesn't matter because we would beat them by 150 with Flynn... Jesus. It's gonna be a long season for the Wilson haters, because he has the job for a long, long time. #ONE, I understand you looooove Flynn, but saying Wilson is anywhere close to Tjax just makes me chuckle. ANYONE with half a brain can see that he is a MASSIVE improvement. Plus, if Flynn was SOOOOOOOOOO much better than Wilson, he would win the job. The decision wasn't made through JUST the pre season games, it came through practice, training camp, AND the games. If Flynn IS indeed better than Wilson (not saying he isn't) hes not WORLDS better like you guys make him out to be.. or he would have the fucking job already. Im not a Wilson fanboy, I am just trying to give an objective stance on this whole thing. But, I guess logic wouldn't make too much sense in the world when Flynn is a superstar and Tjax is just as good as Wilson. My bad.

S

Seattlehawk94

"When I hand off 40 times a game I wear Levi's...Kid's
Medium..." - Russell Wilson

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't fucking like the guy, not one thing about him. He reminds me of a politocian.

I don't really care if you don't like Wilson and like Flynn more. But it's stuff like this and 94's outlandish, end-of-the-world remarks that get old for me. You don't like a guy that people want to follow? You don't like a guy that continually wants to improve? You don't like a guy that when people tell him he can't he tries his hardest to prove them wrong? Give me a break. That's what I am tired of.

Nowhere does 94 actually openly root for the Seahawks. He openly roots against Wilson. That's what I am tired of.

And hearing how Wilson is last in the league in passing after we kill the Cowboys. That's what I am tired of. I guess you would rather have Vick at 3rd in passing even though he has a rating of 66 v. Wilson's 81? (BTW, Hasselbeck has a career rating of 82).

S

Seattlehawk94

Hasselbeck went to a Superbowl and can throw a 40 yard hitch that doesn't leave the screen..

Don't even compare the two...

S

Seattlehawk94

I take shots at Wilson for one reason...Wilson fanboys can't let their boy get any kinda ripped..

See us defending every little thing about Flynn? I've said, Wilson throws the ball FARTHER doesn't mean he has a better arm but I gave him that...Wilsonites make it sound like Levi's Jesus is the greatest thing ever..

A lot are the same folk who called Matty Hass washed up and called for Chuckles...hahaha..And I "don't know QBs"...

S

Seattlehawk94

It's almost become a cartoon... Wilson fans being the coyote and Flynnites being the roadrunner--we run stick out our tongue and say "Meep Meep" (translation: Matt Flynn) and you proceed to buy Acme products and talk in circles about why Levi's boy reinvented the QB position...

It's a game now actually..

Top Bottom