• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Playoffs 2008: Destination: Dream On!

S

Seattlehawk94

I just figured out the procedures for us making the playoffs in 2008 and....

For you who drink the Kool Aid and can't bare to take the fact this is a lost season...Here you go, ENJOY! The only thing more depressing that reading it is believing it could happen (or crunching the actual numbers).

We are mathmatically alive but...I've done the math and figured out how we aren't eliminated yet...

We'd need to run the table and have Arizona lose out to win the West: Starting a tiebreaker.
1st Tiebreaker: We'd be tied in head to head games so..
2nd Tiebreaker: Is division games, we'd be tied at 8-8 and tied in NFC West games at 4-2.
3rd Tiebreaker: Common Games---If Zona finished 8-8 they'd be 6-7 in common games, we'd be 6-5.

Arizona Remaining Games:
Nov 23 NYG
Thanksgiving @ Philly
Dec 7 St.L
Dec 14 Minn.
Dec 21 @ NE
Dec 28 Us

Seahawks Remaining Games: (again, we need to win ALL of them to even have a chance)
Nov 23 Washington
Thanksgiving @ Dallas
Dec 7 NE
Dec 14 @ St.L
Dec 21 NYJ
Dec 28 @ Arizona

So basically we' CAN still win the division but it's so out there it's unreal. We'd need to play perfect and the Cruds would have to lose the table. There is no chance for that considering they've got the Lambs left on the sked.

Tampa at 7-3 would have to go 0-6 to finish to top of us going 6-0, we can't finish tied at 8-8 with Tampa because they knock us out in the First Tiebreaker which is Head to Head thanks to that SNF Beatdown we got a couple of weeks ago.

Tampa Remaining Games:
Nov 23 @ Detroit
Nov 30 NO
Dec 8 @ Carolina
Dec 14 @ Atlanta
Dec 21 SD
Dec 28 Oakland

So by that measure....They should beat us out THIS week seeing as they play Detroit..Add in Oakland and they are at 9 wins no matter how any of those other 4 shake out.

That leaves:

Dallas and Washington would both have to go 1-5 (on top of us going 6-0) if we want to get in without tiebreakers, if we need to use the tiebreaker we'd need them to go 2-4 (again if we don't get 6-0 it doesn't matter). They are done playing each other and we play both of them so we'd hold tiebreakers if we ran the table by virtue of beating them both, here's where it would shake out...

If we all finished 8-8, one of these two would be knocked out in the first tiebreaker due to division records:
1st Tiebreaker (only affects Wild Card contenders from Same divison): Dallas and Washington are both 2-2 so if one of them was to get ahead in division games the other is knocked out.
2nd Tiebreaker: Head to Head....We'd be 2-0 against them so we'd get in.

So basically, we are hanging any hope of the Wild Card on Dallas and Washington both going 2-4, 1-5, or 0-6.

Remaining Dallas Games:
Nov 23 vs SF
Thanksgiving vs Us
Dec 7 @ Pittsburgh
Dec 14 NYG
Dec 20 Baltimore
Dec 28 @ Philly

Okay, we win on Thanksgiving then we need them to lose another 3-4 games. So....Pittsburgh should bea them as well as the Giants meaning we need to hope either SF, Baltimore or Philly can take care of them for us.

Washington Remaining Games:
Nov 23 @ Us
Nov 30 NYG
Dec 7 @ Baltimore
Dec 14 @ Cincy
Dec 21 Philly
Dec 28 @ SF

This one is trickier....We need to beat them (again, we have to run the table), then the Giants should win and Philly is 50-50 chance but...We'd need the Ravens (not a huge upset), Bengals, or Whiners to pull off an upset. If they somehow beat Philly we be pinning playoff hopes on the Bungles or Whiners...Not good odds..

Oh and add in all the teams AHEAD of us and we'd need them to basically play .500 or below ball for the rest of the season. Which is basically EVERY TEAM IN THE NFC save for Detroit and St. Louis.

Yep...That's going to happen...

We might be alive by the numbers for a playoff spot but...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

LOL

Hey, I didn't say I believed Potts.....Just giving the Kool Aid drinkers one more week of hope.

I've been calling for Tebow for weeks now...lol

Reaction score
It's sad to know that our NFC West streak will come to an end this year. I would like to think they turn this around, but I just don't see it. I don't see the want in them like I have in the past. Sad to see Mike go out like this, but I think it's for the best.

Top Bottom