• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rather face Dallas or Green Bay?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Definitely Green Bay is the better matchup for a number of reasons. Dallas would have taken a 9-0 road record into the matchup had they won yesterday as opposed to a 3-5 road record for the Packers. I don't know why Dallas was so good on the road this year but I do know that it's no accident. Not after that many consecutive wins. Something tangible and real is going on there. Defense and the run tend to travel well and that might have something to do with it.
Demarco Murray is far more dangerous in space than Eddie Lacy. Lacy creates problems of his own but his potential damage is far more limited in any given play. Both teams' O-lines are pretty good and can create gaps and running lanes for their running backs. In the few and infrequent times that were to happen against the Seahawks and the RBs get to the 2nd level, Murray is more of a challenge to run down because of his superior speed.
The Packers have a few blue chippers on defense but I think Dallas's D is better and more balanced overall.
Last but not least Rodgers' calf injury. Rodgers is about the 4th or 5th most mobile QB in the league and like Wilson does a lot of damage outside of the pocket. 75 career TDs throwing outside the pocket. Subtracting that dimension from Rodgers' game is almost as bad as subtracting that dimension away from Wilson. Not quite, but almost. Rodgers can still get it done basically because he's one of the greatest QBs in NFL history, as he showed yesterday but facing the Hawks' D at the CLink is an entirely different deal than facing Dallas's D at home. Rodgers is up against it now.

Dallas' elite O-line makes them a tough out and was probably the reason why they beat the Hawks here earlier in the season so the Packers present the more favorable matchup by a considerable margin. But even if it had been Dallas I think the Hawks would have still had a pretty substantial edge. This is a whole different Seahawk team than the one that took the field in Week 5. At that point the Hawks were bottoming out and in danger of letting the season get away from them.

Hawks are bowl bound!!

Last edited:
OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the Packers will be the tougher opponent in Seattle. Rodgers is far better than Romo. Don't resort to stats anyone because you know it is true. Should be a great game and will decide this years super bowl winner. Seahawks by 4.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The Packers aren't a very good road team this year. I never assume a win no matter what. Heck, the Hawks squeaked by the 0-7 Raiders earlier in the season. But I'll have to disagree about them being the tougher matchup. Dallas should actually be playing this game and like I said before, their unbeaten streak on the road is very much for real. Regardless of what the rules say, Dallas got robbed out of a win. Dez made the catch and it was to me inconclusive that the ball ever even touched the ground. It was far more evident that Dez made the "football move" as stipulated in the rules by reaching for the end zone on his way down.

I was rooting for the Packers all the way in that game. Not only because I hate Dallas with a passion but because I like the matchup more. A Dallas matchup would have been about 55/45 whereas a Packers' matchup with a demobilized Rodgers is more like a 70/30.
The only way the Packers win this game is if they force the Seahawks into some turnovers and they dominate the clock, which isn't very likely on both accounts.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
By the way as for the Romo vs Rodgers comparison: yeah, Rodgers is the better QB. Normally. IMO he's the best QB in the game. But Romo's been one of the top five QBs in the league this year too. Don't forget that 3rd and 22 conversion at the 6 minute mark earlier in the season that saved the game for Dallas. He fails on that, like 95 out of 100 QBs would have, the Seahawks win that game. Say what you will about Romo, that was a throw that typically is thrown by elite QBs. The window on that throw was about the size of the football.

Rodgers >> Romo
Romo >> demobilized Rodgers

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Well we disagree about Romo period. Rodgers is still better than Romo. That catch was Bryant out leaping a much shorter DB. IMO it was definitely a catch but karma is a bitch.

For the game we disagree too as I believe the Packers will give the Seahawks the best test. The road record means nothing for a class organization like the Packers. I suppose the only thing we can agree on is it will be a good game.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Well yeah, I guess so. The Packers do have statistically the best offense in the league but it's tilted more toward the passing game than Dallas's offense. That plays right into the strength of the Seahawks and the LoB. I just don't see anything with the Packers that creates as much of a problem as Dallas's O-line and their running game with Demarco. The Seahawks tend to have issues with solid O-line play as was shown in the Carolina game. Carolina's O-line wasn't considered very good this year but they played well for the most part in that game, which is why they hung around for the better part of 3 quarters along with their top tier front seven.

When all is said and done though, what it probably boils down to is the Seahawks themselves. If they bring it, they will beat anybody, regardless of the matchup. Been talking about which team gives them the most or least favorable matchup but nothing's been mentioned about the problems the Seahawks pose to other teams, which are considerable. They play their 'A' game this Sunday, they will advance.
But yeah, it should be a good game. HOF QB and the top overall offense in the league against arguably one of the top defenses of the last 25 years along with a still often underrated QB in Wilson. The reason why they won the title last year and are the favorites to do it again is because their defense is the only offensive or defensive unit in the league who has the opposing unit outgunned every game out.

Top Bottom