• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Russell Wilson is undefeated against the four best QBs in the NFL

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score

By: Chris Chase September 10, 2014 9:28 am ET

Share this image:
tweet
email

(AP)
It’s not as if Russell Wilson needs any more accolades following his Super Bowl title, but here’s a nice feather in his cap anyway: The third-year quarterback is a perfect 6-0 against the four men generally considered to be the best QBs in the NFL — Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.
The stat was first noted by Mike Salk of ESPN 710 Seattle.
Wilson bested Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers on opening night, routed Manning and the Broncos in the Super Bowl, held off Brees and the Saints twice last year (once in the regular season and once in the playoffs) and won the “U Mad, Bro” game against Brady and the Patriots in 2012.

Share this image:
tweet
email

(USA TODAY Sports Images)
The first of those six wins might deserve an asterisk. Wilson’s first big victory as Seattle quarterback was in the infamous Fail Mary game in 2012, when his last-second pass was intercepted by Green Bay’s M.D. Jennings but incorrectly ruled a touchdown catch by Golden Tate. It’s 6-0 in name only.
That’s not the only issue with the stat, of course. When the Seahawks play the Packers it’s not Wilson vs. Rodgers, but Wilson vs. the Green Bay defense and Rodgers vs. the Seattle defense. Just as much credit for these wins should go to Seattle’s defense. Even so, given that the four best QBs play on four of the best teams, Wilson’s record is pretty impressive. It’s even more impressive considering Wilson is 0-1 against teams quarterbacked by Kevin Kolb.
Wilson will get a chance to move to 7-0 against the NFL’s big four when the Seahawks and Broncos meet in a Week 3 game in Seattle.

Share this image:
tweet
email

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
At least Chase brought up the game winning interception thrown by Wilson. Still an impressive stat despite the obvious contribution of the defense. Bottom line is Wilson is getting it done. Same for Petey.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I don't know man, I think Flynn would've been further along..... ;p

Or Kellen Moore , lol

Cougs gave your Ducks a game , was offered free tickets and didn't want to go , thinking it would be a blood bath by Oregon . I think WSU has a glimmer of hope for the future ...sure need it

Reaction score
Or Kellen Moore , lol

Cougs gave your Ducks a game , was offered free tickets and didn't want to go , thinking it would be a blood bath by Oregon . I think WSU has a glimmer of hope for the future ...sure need it
I missed the game but have it DVR'd. I'll make time to watch it this week. The Cougs have given the Ducks fits the last couple of years. As long as we beat Stanford and slaughter the Huskies, I'll be good.

Top Bottom