• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seems most everyone has Denver in SB already.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Not so fast my friend. They are undefeated yes but look at who they have played. Two of the worst teams in the NFL. Four teams with their total combined wins at four. They haven't shown me any quality wins, just that they can run the score up on bad teams. Maybe before people start putting them in the SB they should wait until they win against a quality team especally on the road.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Putting them in this early I can kinda see it, or see why people are doing it. Looking at their competition in the AFC, the only teams I see even having a shot at running with them are KC, the Ravens, Indy, or New England. The Patriots don't have the offensive firepower they've had in the past but they have Brady.
I agree all they've shown so far is the ability to blow out bad teams. Well, except for the Ravens game. Turns out the Ravens' D is pretty good after all and it might have been more about Denver making a good defense look bad.

When analyzing Denver though, I don't look so much at who they've played as much as what they have. A HOF QB, one of the best to ever to play the game and someone who's still got something left in the tank, and four pro bowl caliber WRs to throw to. His supporting cast this year is the best he's ever had and that's just on the offensive side.
On defense, they are also in the top five and THAT's what makes them so dangerous. It's a defense that gave up fewer yards and had a far better 3rd down conversion percentage than the Hawks' D last year. They are getting stops again this year too and that's without their two best defenders in Von Miller and Champ Bailey even playing a down.
The only thing even coming close to resembling a weakness so far is their running game. But that's also got some upside and they've gotten good production when they've needed it.

It seems to me like the Seahawks have some issues to iron out before being a team that would have an edge on Denver. I think it can be done but they have some work to do, mainly with the O-line. And no more of that bend-but-don't-break defensive play. It's time for the defense to turn it up a notch like they are capable. Like the way they finished against Houston. That kind of play can beat Denver but they need it over the entire game, not just over the last 1.5 quarters or whatever.
Right now, I gotta give Denver an edge with the Hawks having the upside. Denver can get even better too with Miller and CB coming back but their offense is just about maxed out. The Hawks have the room to improve on the offensive side, but they just aren't there yet.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I will be impressed when they play a REAL team and play in shitty Colorado weather. Until then I'm not saying anything.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
As far as the talking heads are concerned, he's the second coming.

That's a team I'd like these guys to face...and remove all doubt from the pundits when we stomp that ass up and down the field.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
What is this "Rat Pack" you speak of? Lol

I feel like I've been in the witness protection program fellas. Those were some mighty fine days boys. Not many of the crew left I suppose. What happened to Raven and Raider Jon? LOL

Those were some fun times...

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The original godfather of the original " Rat Pack " that was some fun times lol

Yeah, I miss all the scheming and plotting against Raider Jon and Stevie's constant bitching. Those were great times.

Since those days my life has turned around 180 degrees. Been divorced almost 3 years (The Superbowl loss was the turning point...lol) and raising my 2 kids. But I'll tell you, never been happier! :)

Where are all the old guys?

You're still the Boss of Idaho and Eastern Washington right? :p

Idahawk

Reaction score
From back that far , 94 - idahawk - Irish -and you lol , flips been around a long time and few others have stayed loyal , some may lurk or have changed their name , don't really know , most guys are on the Seahawks huddle Facebook page Seattlehawk 94 runs that .

Idahawk

Reaction score
Steve tried his own site , I joined for a while . Raider Jon played Fantasy with us for a few years after the site went down , but he quit responding to invites .

That's what's kept me here is fantasy football , been playing with some of these guys for 10 years or better .

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
From back that far , 94 - idahawk - Irish -and you lol , flips been around a long time and few others have stayed loyal , some may lurk or have changed their name , don't really know , most guys are on the Seahawks huddle Facebook page Seattlehawk 94 runs that .

What happened with Mason? Or Talon?

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The old format Huddle was badass...not that this isn't good, but I was just use to that format for so long.

I still own SeahawkStadium.com...Haven't done shit with it for 15 years now. :)

Idahawk

Reaction score
He and Anguish both have lurked and posted under different names from time to time , not at this version of the huddle that I know of ?

Lol hell maybe your Mason , who knows l

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 4.53.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 4.53.24 PM.png

That's what I'm talking about! LOL...what a great time that was. (By way of the Wayback machine)

Idahawk

Reaction score
Just search seahawks huddle deadspin , that should jar your memory or were you banned when that went down ?

Top Bottom