• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
1. I choose "Striker" as my username because throughout my years of football I was known as the Striker. I played Center and was never good enough to play college ball. However I loved the game of football and followed my Seahawks since I was a boy.

2. Curtis, if ya have a problem with that then your likely a 49ers fan.

3. My favorite player from Seattles history is Jim Zorn. Always loved his team first mentality, and loved him even more as a coach. Sure there were better players, but being the better man counts for a lot on the field. He was also an amazing coach, and miss having him in Seattle. Best of luck to him with the Redskins (until playoffs against Seattle).

4. Colts v.s. Patriots AFC Championship game. When Addai tripped Manning when they were pinned in their own territory and trailing my wife and I had to step back from the T.V. You could see Mannings Veins poping out of his neck. I was sure if they lost Addai was getting fired. Sometimes I believe Brady just said, "Screw it I got 3 allready and Manning is my friend. Don't worry coach I will have us back again next year." and threw the pick. Manning could not even look up man that game was a nail biter.

5. Proudest moment as a fan was when Holmgren got off that plan after the Super Bowl loss and said "We knew it was going to be tough going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers,I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well." When a coach puts his neck on the chopping block for his team when we were feeling as if they took the win out form under us, it takes guts. It is just one of many reasons he is my Favorite coach of all time.

6. I was raised in a military family which forced us to move a lot. When I was 6 I lived near Seattle and fell in love with the Seahawks. My family felt betrayed since we are originally from Kansas and the Chiefs are worshipped. My Uncle named his daughter K.C. which should give you some idea of how much they love their team. I however loved the Seahawks who were always struggling and trying to force their way through to respectablility. I am 22 now and am married to a Colts fan who I cannot wait to see my Seahawks grind her team in the dirt this year! GO HAWKS!

7. Sadly, even though the Seahawks are my favorite team, almost none of my favorite players of all time come from this Franchise. There are many I respect, but it is tough for me to wear any jersey other than my Zorn jersey. I take who I rep very seriously, and will not just wear anyones jersey. Examples of some of my favorite players of all time are as follows.

QB: Rich Gannon (Brett Favre honorable mention, but Gannon was one of the greatest leaders and most sacrificing players in NFL history. When he was in the Super Bowl and threw 5 INT's 2 were his fault, 1 was just great battle between Rice and the defender, and the other 2 were due to the disgracefull play and cowardess of Doug Jolley and Tim Brown. Jolley fell to the ground afraid of taking a hit on an easily catchable ball, instead the defender swoops in for the INT while he is laying on the ground like the coward he is. Tim Brown at the end when there was no chance of comeing back and the game was over played half assed ball. Everyone else kept going for pride and dignity, Brown jogged and payed no attention to the quick pass comeing to him on what was sapposed to be a curl and step out of bounds. Because of his lack of effort the defender ran around him and snagged the ball before he even noticed what had happened. Tim Brown is the perfect example of a man who did not play till the whistle and I lost much respect for him. Gannon was playing a crazy Tampa D and the only coach who put their full faith in him. The Raiders coach had changed almost nothing from signals to plays for the Super Bowl that were used while Gruden was there. An idiot if there ever was one. Rich Gannon is my Favorite player of all time, and I just felt I should clear up what happened in that Super Bowl for those who question the 5 INT's as being a reason not to like him.)

RB: Priest Holmes (The man sacraficed his entire body for the game, he gave it his all and even tried to come back when KC's LJ got greedy.)

WR: Torry Holt (He lets his play speak for itself and sadly has been ripping through our D for a long time. I am glad he is no longer in our division.)

TE: Tony Gonzalez

OG: Steve Hutchinson (I was furious when we resigned Alexander and allowed the Vikings to snatch Hutchinson. He is one of the Seahawks who I proudly wear a jersey of. Everyone told me I was a fool to say we should let Alexander go, and I wish that was true. However, I played C and know how hard it can be for a solid Line to form together. Since he left injuries and sacks have been high on the rise and I still miss him.)

OT: Walter Jones (Ofcourse.)

DT: Warren Sapp

DE: Michael Strahan

LB: Ray lewis (He is the most exciting LB I ever had the privilage to watch play this game.)

CB: Champ Bailey

S: Ed Reed

Coaches: Mike Holmgren, Marty Schottenheimer, Jim Zorn, Bill Walsh, and Bill Belichick. (A perfect example of how Bill Belichick is way above the rest is his game last year against the Bills in crazy windy conditions. Both teams knew the only choice for most the game would be run, yet Bill Belichick pulled out some crazy calls liek the 3rd down punt with Matt Cassell as the punter. Dick Jauron is not a bad coach, but Bill Belichick is something else. He however is not my favorite, Holmgren followed by Schottenheimer would be my selections.)

Thanks for greeting me and am glad to be here!

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Striker your observation of Steve Hutchinson is right on, when we resigned Alexander to a 7 year contract I said "what the hell are you doing, its the offense line thats making big holes for him, and he's too damn old to sign to a 7 year deal, try a 3 year deal." When we lost Hutch to the Vikings I tore out the rest of the hair I had left. Look at Adrian Peterson over there now, he's the best back in the game, alot of which is thanks to Hutch.

S

Seattlehawk94

Striker....Glad to have you here man.

Glad to have all you newbies here....Tell your friends about us and help us grow this site..

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome. And I would have gladly accepted the award for best intro, though I am a bit shocked that anyone read through the entire thing.

When I get going on about football usually I overwhelm everyone but a select few, glad my enthusiasm is shared here. I look forward to being apart of this community.

GO SEAHAWKS!

S

Seattlehawk94

We look forward to having you!

There are other Seahawks sites but you'll find many cliques, jerks, yes men, and people who think dressing in a kilt and painting your face makes you a better fan than anyone else..

We are like Phillyfan...We can be VERRRRRRRRY vulgar and rude sometimes but we have more football knowledge here than all those sites put together and we love the game...We are the people who wear just a jersey and hat to games, yell our lungs out, and have lots of beers in the meantime...We are the Upperdeckers who don't want to be on TV because we don't want to be bigger than the game....

If that's you....You'll fit right in!

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
That is me in a nutshell. For a second I thought I might need to shut the blinds....you seem to know a lot about me.

S

Seattlehawk94

LOL

That's what this site is built on and for...People like us..

Top Bottom