• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Thursday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
20111110_seahawks_0218.jpg

A recap of the activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Nov. 10:
FOCUS ON
Tarvaris Jackson. The saga of the Seahawks’ sore-shouldered quarterback continued today, as Jackson participated in every phase of practice after being limited on Wednesday.
Jackson is expected to start Sunday’s game against the 6-2 Baltimore Ravens at CenturyLink Field despite the strained pectoral in his throwing shoulder he got in the Week 5 upset of the New York Giants.
“I wasn’t as sore today,” Jackson said. “You still want to be careful. You don’t want to aggravate it to the point where I have to sit out tomorrow. You want to be able to get as much done today and be able to practice again tomorrow and I’ll probably just rest up Saturday.”
Jackson also had an in-and-out week of practice last week, but started against the Dallas Cowboys and threw three interceptions in the 23-13 loss. He was rough on himself after the game, and hadn’t altered his opinion four days later.
“I felt real bad after the Dallas game. I felt like it was my fault,” he said today. “If I had done a better job of taking care of the football …”
Jackson’s voice trailed off before he added, “I just try to tell myself we’ve got eight more games; it’s a whole new season and I’ll just try to start over. I’ll try to do what I can to help this team go undefeated the second half.”
Tall order, what with the Ravens coming to town. Their No. 2-ranked defense has produced 26 sacks – twice as many as the Seahawks – from 13 different players; and 18 turnovers, with only four teams in the league having more.
The metronome by which the Ravens’ defense beats is supplied by the over-the-top intensity of 12-time Pro Bowl linebacker Ray Lewis, and his teammates have taken on his personality.
“Yeah, it’s always been like that,” Jackson said. “That’s what you expect from those guys. They try to bully you and come and try to hit you in the mouth.
“Like my coaches have said the whole week, ‘What more could you ask for? You know what you’re going to get.’ So we’ve just got to be prepared for it. It’s going to be fun.”
PLAYER WATCH
Robert Gallery. Not the Robert Gallery who is playing left guard for the Seahawks, but the one who was an outstanding offensive lineman at the University of Iowa.
In this week’s issue that commemorates the 125 years that The Sporting News has been publishing, they selected a series of All-125th Teams, including one for college football. Gallery made the third unit. Fifteen offensive linemen from the entire history of college football, and he’s one of them.
“I kind of forgot about college,” said Gallery, who entered the NFL in 2004 as a first-round draft choice of the Raiders. “But it’s definitely a cool deal, because obviously there have been a lot of players over the 125 years.”
Gallery just as obviously was a very good player, as his status as the second pick overall in the ’04 draft indicates. But does he remember being that good?
“You know how it is. You never think you’re as good as you are sometimes, or what other people think of you,” he said. “But I remember college was great. Had a lot of success. So this is pretty awesome.”
The first-team line included Orlando Pace, John Hannah, Dave Rimington, Ron Yary and Bill Fralic. On the second team were Joe Thomas, Jim Parker, Dwight Stephenson, Jonathan Ogden and Dan Dierdorf. Joining Gallery on the third team were Dean Steinkuhler, Art Shell, Merlin Olsen and Kurt Burris.
IN ’N OUT
Wide receiver Sidney Rice and tight end Cameron Morrah returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday.
Here’s the official injury report:
Did not practice
LB David Vobora (concussion)
Limited in practice
WR Sidney Rice (foot)
TE Cameron Morrah (toe/knee)
Full participation
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
For the Ravens:
Did not practice
S Ed Reed (shoulder)
LB Terrell Suggs (knee)
RB Anthony Allen (thigh)
Limited in practice
LB Brandon Ayanbadejo (head)
LB Dannell Ellerbe (thigh)
WR Lee Evans (ankle)
TE Kris Wilson (calf)
Full participation
C Matt Birk (neck)
STAT DU JOUR
Doug Baldwin (28) and Sidney Rice (27) are the Seahawks’ leading receivers because they’ve been targeted more often than the rest of the receivers on the team. Here’s a look at who has had the most passes thrown their way in the first half of the season:
Player (receptions) Targets
Sidney Rice (27) 48
Doug Baldwin (28) 44
Ben Obomanu (23) 36
Justin Forsett (13) 21
Mike Williams (12) 21
Zach Miller (11) 20
Marshawn Lynch (12) 19
Golden Tate (11) 19
Anthony McCoy (9) 18
Leon Washington (8) 12
Cameron Morrah (4) 8
Michael Robinson (2) 4
Kris Durham (4) 3
Receivers have been double-digit targets three times: Rice, 14 and 10; and Obomanu, 10.
UP NEXT
The players will practice Friday morning, their final full workout before Sunday’s game.
Fans attending the game are asked to donate non-perishable food items to the Seahawks’ annual Tackle Hunger drive. Bins will be set up at each entrance to CenturyLink Field to accept the donations.
Tickets are available for Sunday’s game and can be purchased here.
YOU DON’T SAY
“That’s disappointing. We’d like to get more. I know in our third-down situations the last couple years, we’ve had situations where we’ve had longer yardage. … But that’s no excuse. We still need to have more than what we have.” – defensive coordinator Gus Bradley on the team’s total of 13 sacks

b.gif
Dm78lIx-OQI

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom