• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UW v. Oregon

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I went to a small school and don't really have a football team to root for. Since most of my family went to either UW or UT-Austin, I kind of took UW up as my college team. But as they crashed and burned circa 2003- ... and I picked up fantasy football, I've found myself caring less and less about college football to the point of where I cannot even watch a full quarter of the slop.

That being said, I now take more pleasure in watching fans get pissed when their school loses than when UW wins (kind of morbid, but I doubt anyone on this board takes offense). My favorite is to hear Jim Moore rant about his beloved Cougs. Kills me.

That said, if UW were to unlikely beat Oregon, I think I would take more pleasure away from an Oregon defeat than I would from a UW victory. Apparently UW's defensive coordinator held the same position for the team that last beat Oregon in Autzen (I think Boise State?).

Reaction score
He's got a lot of ties to Oregon. He's from Eugene. Both he and his brother Josh played ball there.

Reaction score
I always rooted for WSU growing up. I've started paying more attention to college football the past 2 or 3 seasons, but since the cougs have been trash, I just kind of root for any of the teams that are actually good and somewhat near by. I root for Oregon, I root for Boise State, I'll root for UW, and I'm pleasantly surprised when WSU gets a win lol.

If WSU was good, I'd probably be a little bit more devoted to rooting for them. But they aren't, so this year I'mm rooting to the Ducks to run the table.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think it is about what I expected. Hoping but not expecting an upset. I think it is amazing what Oregon has become. Historically inept to nationally dominant. I guess that's what happens when you get a few good people in there and keep the program stable (exactly the opposite of what happened at UW).

Reaction score
They haven't always been inept. I think the first meeting against Washington about a century ago, the Ducks won 49-0... That's about on par with how the Ducks play today.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
One game 100 years ago isn't really a model of consistency. 6 total Rose Bowl appearances compared to what they are now is pretty sad.

Reaction score
I was trying to be a bit funny. I'm LOLng listening to Softy talk Huskies right now. You can tell he hates the Ducks more than anything. I just know it makes his blood boil to watch them roll the Huskies. Puts a smile on my face.

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
Price is terrible. He should not be making those kinds of mistakes at this point in his college career. Stupid. I hope Sark can find an upgrade because as long as Price is the starter they won't be a winning team.

Reaction score
They weren't suppsed to be able to compete with oregon this year... Hell, they weren't even supposed to be able to compete with Stanford this year.

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
OR is a great offense, not taking away from them at all, but Price single handedly gave away the game before the first half was over. Very disappointing, and again I feel this guy is just plain stupid in the stuff he does sometimes. It is like he is playing high school ball, not college.

Top Bottom