• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What The World Series Means To This NFL Fan...

S

Seattlehawk94

October....When hero's are born....

I worship the NFL game now...

Wasn't always so.....

I was born in Los Angeles in the late '70s when Tommy Lasorda was the King of the National League, when Dodger Blue was the color that people's blood ran in the Southland, when the Dodgers were back-to-back losers in the World Series to the hated New Yawkas.

I was in the womb when Reggie hit his third HR in '77 (my mom claims she was sick as a dog after that). I was 6 months old when the Dodgers lost again in '78...

That is my CURSE....

I'll admit...I'm a baseball guy....No matter how much I know about the "46 Defense" and how it's run I always go back in October to the game of my youth...

I've lived through 2005, the Cougs of 1997, the Showtime Lakers, "Just Win Baby" winning a Superbowl and being at the parade afterwards, Canucks almost winning the Cup TWICE (and rioting TWICE for good measure afterwards), the Supers almost taking Da Bulls to a Game 7...But 1995, 1988, 1981, 2002, 2001, 1991, 1992, and 1986 when mentioned always bring back memories of seeing MY HOME TEAM win a World Series (1981 and '88 with Los Dodgers and 2002 with the team I grew up a block away from in the Halos) or another great October memory.

Baseball might not be "the in sport" but it's America's Past Time...I grew up listening to stories my grandfather told of Ruth calling his shot, or of my dad telling about how PERFECT Life and Mickey were in the 1950's....Baseball might not be a sport for this era but it's our past and that alone is what makes it great...

Life seemed so much simpler when all you needed was a bat and a ball and a backyard to recreate those pictures you saw on TV of your heros the night before....Better....Less hectic...The World Series makes you think for just one split second in time those memories in some far away place in a time you couldn't comprehend you can go back and enjoy the high skies and sunshine of your youth...Where 1 more inning meant mom had to keep dinner warm...Where heros never age...Where real life can take a back seat....

We all wish that....

Isn't that what being a fan is?

It's October....Time for that Old Time Religion "to live again" as Dave Niehaus would say....

Reaction score
Nice post. I'll second the "baseball guy" part. I love football, I love the Seahawks. But growing up it was all about Griffey and the Mariners.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Thanks....Kinda sound like Darth Vader in "Field of Dreams" don't I?

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

HAHA....Tell me where the plans are to baseball park....TEAR THIS CORNFIELD APART COMMANDER! I WANT THOSE GHOSTS AND I WANT THEM.....uh...ALIVE?

Top Bottom