• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Which Seahawks are overrated/underrated

seahawker 562

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay so I was watching the cards Hawks game again this morning, and I thought about this question while I was watching.

I would say Josh Wilson is underrated. He is a great KR and corner. He may be on the smaller side, but I think he could be a shutdown against someone like Engram or Branch (someone more his size). Someone else is who is underrated, no brainer, Leroy Hill.

Most overrated is John Carlson. Everyone is saying he is our best receiver (TE) but he is a rookie. Hes not very good at blocking and he bobbles and drops easy passes. You could say hes a rookie all you want, but in my eyes hes overrated. JP is slightly overrated also.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
By our standards, Matt Hasslebeck is overrated, he's old and only getting older. He's gonna start falling off real quick. Justin Forsett is underrated, the Colts will regret letting him go. And our whole defense is overrated. At the begining of the season our defense was a top 5 rated defense, which even I thought was a little high.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
seahawker 562 said:
I would say Josh Wilson is underrated. He is a great KR and corner. He may be on the smaller side, but I think he could be a shutdown against someone like Engram or Branch (someone more his size). Someone else is who is underrated, no brainer, Leroy Hill.

Most overrated is John Carlson. Everyone is saying he is our best receiver (TE) but he is a rookie. Hes not very good at blocking and he bobbles and drops easy passes. You could say hes a rookie all you want, but in my eyes hes overrated. JP is slightly overrated also.

I strongly agree with everything except Julian Peterson.

12thManzAlive said:
By our standards, Matt Hasslebeck is overrated, he's old and only getting older. He's gonna start falling off real quick. Justin Forsett is underrated, the Colts will regret letting him go. And our whole defense is overrated. At the begining of the season our defense was a top 5 rated defense, which even I thought was a little high.

Justin Forsett has one good pre-season game against second and third stringers... Sounds to me like he's overrated. As far as the defense goes, we were overrated to initiate the season, but I don't think we are anymore...

I think Deon Grant is a tad bit underrated.

Reaction score
John Carlson is going to do great things for us... They say he's our LEADING receiver, not our best receiver which is backed up by stats.

JP is having a down year, along with the rest of the D.

LeRoy is underrated.

Porkchop is under rated just because of his versatility.

Reaction score
Underrated:
Seneca he may not put up the numbers, but I think he did a great job filling in for Matt. In fact I think he maybe our team MVP come at the end of the year. Only one interception thrown in his span of starts.

Josh Wilson is definatly a guy. He is a great cornerback and also starting to make a name as a kick returner for us.
He is third on team with tackles at 52.
25 yards an average for a return.

Jon Ryan Top 10 punter in the NFL for average with 45.9. Ryan Plackemier... No. 31. Ryan also is No. 9 in yards punted.

Leroy Hill leads the team with tackles at 81. He is often overlooked by Lofa Tatupu and JP. I think his success comes from the presence of Lofa and JP. He is what I consider to be a product of the system. I think he has a lot of talent, but place on another team will not do this well.

Overrated:
Matt Hasselbeck yes he's had injuries, but still has a 3-7 touchdown to interception numbers. His completion percentage is 51, while Seneca's is 52. Hasselbeck has a 55 passer rating on the year.

Kelly Jennings only 20 tackles on the year. Up there with penalties including pass interference calls and other calls.

The whole offense in general. Near the bottom in most offensive production categories.

Defense in general also. See offense.

Mike Holmgren his secrets are out there and the team is paying for that.

Top Bottom