• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your Favorite Turkey Day Side Dish !

Idahawk

Reaction score
I do 80 % of the cooking in my house everyday and all the cooking for the Holidays .. I really enjoy it actually....It seems when you go to store these days its all the same stuff ...and most large chains now hand you a list at the door and tell you what to buy..and if you drop anywhere from $100.00 to $ 200.00 they give you a free Turkey..thats cool and all but Im sick of the sides .

What do you do that is maybe different from the green bean thing or the yams with marshmallows ect :|

S

Seattlehawk94

I do the cooking for the whole brood also on Thanksgiving. My favorite is the stuffing, it's an old family recipe that my grandma made and it's real bread, giblets, etc stuffed in the turkey. None of that seperate dish for the stuffing stuff in our house.

I do love the green beans and mushroom soup with those fried onions though.

Usually we have:
Green Beans
Yams with marshmellows, walnuts, and pineapple
Sweet Potato Pie
Pumpkin Pie
New York Cheesecake (I bake that one myself, takes hours)
Povitca
Sarma
Anchovies
Salami (from Salumi, best in the world!)
Brats
Saurkraut
Weinersnitzle
Rot Kraut
along with the Turkey (which I make 3: 1 deep fried, 1 oven cooked, 1 smoked on my grill)

Basically we let people bring home PLATES of stuff and still have leftovers for a week and a half.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I don't think I would even eat turkey at 94's house ...all those other dishes sound fine to me :p

Reaction score
Wow 94 that's crazy...

my favorite is stuffing (like 94 said cooked in the turkey, not stove top)

I usually eat thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family, but they all moved to Palm Springs so I don't know what to expect. Probably not "94's world tour buffet line," but my grandma is an AWESOME cook so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy!!!!

This Turkey day though I may not be eating until after the game! I would love to eat a Chicken Wing while Julius Jones takes a bite out of the Gobbler himself as he seeks revenge on the 'Boys.

Reaction score
My father-in-law makes a dish called smackeroni & cheese, which is a hit...it'll stop ya up, but worth it once every year! That's my fave...along with the norm's...MP+gravy, green beans, rolls, fried corn, turkey & ham, salads, desserts...AND FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Top Bottom