• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 NFL Free Agency

Reaction score
I doubt Pete would bring him here... theres no facts behind the rumors. Other than a bunch of Analyst with nothing else to talk about cause of the lockout. They think he's gonna bring him in here because of Bevelle.... TJ is horrid, he's not even a QB. I'd honestly take Charlie over him if those were my only two options. I think the Hawks will try to resign Matt and maybe Leinhart, or trade for Palmer or Kolb. NO TJack!!!!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I think Jackson has a lot of potential. I think he got the short end of the deal with Brett going to Minny. I wouldn't mind Jackson at all, but would like the signing more if we bring Matt for one-year to guide him and then let him take over. Least he's proven he has potential, unlike Whitehurst had when we traded for him.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The obvious awnser would be get em all buuut since that ain't likely id settle for rice and gallery. And if they pick up tavaris jackson.....no....just no. They may as well start charlie rather then get him I doubt it'd be any better.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me? I thought Matt was rumored to have been offered a 2 year 12M $ deal by hawks in March before the lockout. My buddy says it was only a 1 year... not true right?

My Dream FA's List:

Sidney Rice
Robert Gallery
Reggie Bush
Osi Umenynora
Jenkins??

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Do you know the answer to the hass deal question?

Think Cullen Jenkins too, with the uncertianty at DT.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really think he will get a 2 year deal from the Hawks. I would be shocked if he doesn't get that type of extension from Pete.

Reaction score
I believe I read Clayton saying it was a one year deal, and that's why Matt wasn't biting on it. Not sure though. Hopefully they offer him a 2-3 year deal, with a lot of incentives and bonuses in the first year, since we've got $$ to spend this year.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok so one name I've heard being thrown out to pick up hass is the niners. Anyone think it could happen? If it did it would have a impact on the divison obviously but idk how much with them not being all that great. Ya hass is good but he's sorta injury prone so depends on if there line is that good I think.

Another intersting name tim hasselbeck threw out about comin to the hawks is kyle orton. What would everyone think about him? It'd be better then T-Jack that's for sure

Reaction score
I'd def take Orton, but a big HELL NO on TJ! I doubt Hass ends up in SF. They've got Smith and drafted Kaepernick (sp?). I don't think Matt would want to go there and fight for the 2/3 position for the 9ers.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
The way I see it, if we get one or two big name FAs, our free agency is a success considering how many teams are going to be rushing for them. If I had to pick 2 out of Cromartie, Leach, Osi, Rice, and Gallery, i'd pick Cromartie and Gallery. And finalize things by resigning Mebane and Raheem Brock. And the icing on the cake would be a trade for either Kolb, Orton, or Palmer. I like all three over Matt.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to call you crazy if you think hass is better then kolb or orton. Some may not wanna hear it but I think he's old aund washed up at this point. Id rather have a young guy with some upside then a older guy who's close to done. The only reason to keep him would to be a mentor to a rookie we may draft next year

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to call you crazy if you think hass is better then kolb or orton. Some may not wanna hear it but I think he's old aund washed up at this point. Id rather have a young guy with some upside then a older guy who's close to done. The only reason to keep him would to be a mentor to a rookie we may draft next year

You don't think Matt is better than those guys??? What have those guys done?? They may have more "upside", but Matt has done a lot when surrounded by good talent. Kolb lost his job to an ex convict left handed running back playing QB and Orton just got traded out of Chicago. Thats about his most significant accomplishment so far.

Matt revived this franchise in 2002, took this team to the SB in 2005, played lights out in 2007 and has been riddled by injuries, bad coaching, horrid talent since then.....

Last year, against the Saints in the playoffs, down 10-0 to the reigning SB champs Hass doesn't panic but instead plays about the best game a QB can play and wins it for us. Thats recent too, it shows Matt can play good when it comes down to it and when everyone around him actually shows up. The next week in Chicago, he played good too but everyone decided to drop easy passes and the D made Greg Olson look like Tony Gonzales and Jay Cutler like Peyton Manning.

Kyle Orton and Kevin Kolb haven't done shit... so to say they are BETTER than Matthew is whack to say the least.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So for one you expect him to keep up how he's been even though he's old. he's degressing and that'll continue he's already injured kind of a lot so id just rather see somthing new

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not to downplay anything he's done ya he's been good. But idk maybe I'm just tired of the same old same old

Reaction score
Im not sold on Kolb its a high ass price for an unproven QB...

He played Avg. his starting record is 3-3 and his offense is like crazy fast and super talented.... So idk i think he is more like a product of his environment than a talent.

Anyone else?

Oh and David like 75% of starting quarterbacks in the league right now would lose their jobs to Mike Vick.
Just sayin.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys been ages since ive been on.

As far as Hasselbeck: Kolb is not better....but i do believe Orton is at this point in both of their careers.
I am also pretty certain we will never see him in a hawks uniform again (which gives me mixed emotions)

Also did anyone hear we signed UDFA SS Jeron Johnson from Boise State? Looks like a good camp body and potential backup/practice squad guy. The next week or two is sure going to be fun eh?

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok kolb I can understand he's not that great orton I think is better and palmer can be when he's at his best its just getting him at his best that's the problem.

Top Bottom