• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 NFL Draft Thread

Reaction score
A more likely scenario is if Michael Floyd or Ryan Tannehill is still there at 12 and the Browns have already taken Richardson. They might want to trade up in front of Arizona at 13. That's assuming they don't try to jump in front of us in Tannehill is there.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
However, I like Hightower's rush ability a lot too, I can see it now, him and Clemons on the QB and Thomas, Sherman, or Browner picking it off ;)

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
so Luke Kucheley had one frigging bad game against Clemsom big frucking deal. He is still going to be a great nfl player and line backer and he is still going to be a first round top 15 pick. Regardless the seahawks two biggest draft needs right now are pass rush defensive end and middle line backer. I love Walter Footballs mock seahawks draft he has the hawks drafting Luke Kucheley at 12 then clemsons Andre Branch and Washingtons chris polk I would love this draft!!!!!!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
^ How do you know it was just ONE bad game? Did you watch any of his other games?? I am not saying he's not going to be a good LB in the NFL, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around why everyone says his stength is pass coverage... Where are they getting this? Anyways I dont real care enough to keep this going. You wanna believe everything you read on ESPN then go for it.... Just remember, Curry was the going to be the next coming of Jesus at LB. Everyone praised the hell out of him, all the experts, all the fans (including me).... What happemed there? I'm just asking the questions this time and not blindly jumping on the bandwagon...

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Game film, combine, everything. He's mad athletic, he's all over the field, and he's got the potential to be a leader on the D. He's going to be good.

Alright, I will take your word for it. Still not convinced, but if the Hawks pick him, I'll hope for the best.

Reaction score
Biggest knock on Ingram is his short arms... That could be a problem, especially as a DE (as opposed to a 3-4 OLB)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
MELVIN VS. COUPLES
Yeah that and Ingram being a 'tweener' 6'1" 260 lb. have been the biggest knock.
His arms are 31" and average is like 33" 1/2. Does 2 inches make that much of a difference? Maybe to her but Ive always heard its "its what you do with it". Sometimes annalyst get so caught up in measurables that its like, really? I would want to know if he has strong hands and good technique with hand fighting. ANd if that really is his biggest knock then its looking pretty good for him. I think Couples comes with more buyer beware then Melvin, but has higher risk/reward payoff.

DT's are assending this week and that means that both of the DE's may be available at our pick.
If that is true, the hawks will have tough desicion to make.... some may disagree.

PFW has draft rankings as such...

4. Cox
8. Melvin
9. Kuechly
11. Poe
12. Hightower (wow....)
15. Couples

Reaction score
MELVIN VS. COUPLES
Yeah that and Ingram being a 'tweener' 6'1" 260 lb. have been the biggest knock.
His arms are 31" and average is like 33" 1/2. Does 2 inches make that much of a difference? Maybe to her but Ive always heard its "its what you do with it". Sometimes annalyst get so caught up in measurables that its like, really? I would want to know if he has strong hands and good technique with hand fighting. ANd if that really is his biggest knock then its looking pretty good for him. I think Couples comes with more buyer beware then Melvin, but has higher risk/reward payoff.

DT's are assending this week and that means that both of the DE's may be available at our pick.
If that is true, the hawks will have tough desicion to make.... some may disagree.

PFW has draft rankings as such...

4. Cox
8. Melvin
9. Kuechly
11. Poe
12. Hightower (wow....)
15. Couples

Lol I agree with all of this (assuming that really was a metaphor) and I never said it was going to be a problem, but it can put him at a disadvantage.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
3 Days, what's everyone's pick for us at this point? I have a feeling we will take Kuechly or trade down if we can find a trade partner and get Hightower, OR if Kuechly is gone by some chance at 12 and we don't find a trade partner, we take Couples.

Reaction score
if we stay put, probably Kuechley. If we trade down its going to be Hightower.

I think its pretty well documented I'd love to trade down.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Ingram is suited better to play a rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme but I think he fits the LEO mold and would compliment Clemons (6'3" 250lbs) well.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
LaMichael James reportedly clocked in at 4.29 and 4.31 at Oregon Pro Day. We could use an explosive playmaker like him on our team.

Idahawk

Reaction score
What about Mark Barron SS ? We could take him and move Cam ( as rumored ) or several teams are wanting to draft him and our place at 12 is about right so a deal could come into play with Barron as well.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
have a feeling we will take Kuechly or trade down if we can find a trade partner and get Hightower.

Kuechly is assending on moch's to KC. If that is the case then it will be 1. Trade down :) 2. Ingram 3. Couples 4. Poe/DT 5. DeCastro

Of course I think everyone would like to drop down and get an additional 2nd rd pick where you might pick up a LB Zack Brown, DE/OLB Andre Branch, WR Rueben Randue, or even a RB Polk or James, but that will be hard to do, unless Tannihill is there and we dont take him (please god no!)

I am so over Couples from everything read he is a problem, please do not be upset if Seahawks do not pick him.

Reaction score
PC loves guys with upside (btw Zach Brown has all the same red flags, what's going on down at UNC?) because he knows his biggest strength is motivating his players. I'm almost 100% positive if Coples is there and we can't trade back we would take him. I like Hightower more than Kuechley, I really hope we can trade down and get him. hopefully a player like Tanneehill or Floyd slips to us so people will want to trade up..

Possibly not going to affect us, but I can see the Bucs trading up to 3 to get Richardson. That means Cleveland takes Blackmon, Minnesotta takes either Claiborne or Kalil, the Rams either take the one Minnesota left for them or Floyd.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
What about Mark Barron SS ? We could take him and move Cam ( as rumored ) or several teams are wanting to draft him and our place at 12 is about right so a deal could come into play with Barron as well.

About two weeks ago, Schneider was on the radio with either Softy or Brock/Saulk and was asked about the possibility of drafting Barron and moving Kam to LB. Schneider laughed, and said something along the lines of "Yeah, take a guy who is a Pro Bowler at one position and move him to a different position. Thats a good way for a GM to lose his job".

Top Bottom