• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers / Saints

Idahawk

Reaction score
Saints at 7-2 and SF at 6-3

All things considered which team would you rather have lose this game ?

Think carefully before you answer. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Reaction score
Tough one but I'm going to have to root for the Saints. I love seeing the 9ers lose.

I am fully confident that we will beat the Saints here at home. I expect the atmosphere will be more intense than it was week 2 vs SF.

I also think we have a damn good chance to beat SF in their house. They don't seem to play any better at home than on the road and we seem to have figured out how to shut down Kaepernick and their "offenses"

Would be great if SF doesnt make the playoffs at all. Just so we can shove that in their face!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I want the 49ers crushed, but I also want the Saints to lose. So many choices!

I vote for a tie.

:)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I also think we have a damn good chance to beat SF in their house. They don't seem to play any better at home than on the road and we seem to have figured out how to shut down Kaepernick and their "offenses"

Would be great if SF doesn't make the playoffs at all. Just so we can shove that in their face!

I think we could CRUSH the 49ers. No part of their game scares me. They are not some dominant home team. Even their own fans boo them.

Aside from winning the SB, my other dream is that Harbaugh gets fired very soon, because he's a total douchebag. I hate that pompous crybaby asshole.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The Saints after last Sunday are the bigger threat to the Hawks as far as playoff seeding goes. Not only that but Brees is having a landslide MVP-caliber season. If the Niners beat them then neither team will control their own destiny when it comes to the Hawks. Not only that but the Saints are the hotter team right now. I'd rather see the Niners cool them off, even though it's unlikely to happen.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
A loss by either team helps the Hawks, true. But after the Niners lost to Carolina they technically no longer control their own destiny as far as catching the Hawks. The Saints, technically, still do. Even though I think the Hawks will beat them at the CLink after the bye, I'd rather not face the risk of conceding the top seed to the Saints in case the Hawks lose that game. So I'm gonna be leaning slightly for the Niners. High treason maybe but, there it is :geek:

Last edited:

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Either way, we are in the drivers seat and simply need to take care of our own business and we are set. We are probably going to have to beat the Saints in the playoffs too to get where we want to go. And I definitely want that game to be in Seattle as well. The team has been playing well on the road this year. But heading into the playoffs with the #1 seed and a 16 game home winning streak sounds pretty sweet to me. So the way I see it, Let the Saints beat the shit out of the niners, then we take care of the Saints and we have everything in our favor the rest of the way. We'll only need to win 2 of the last 4 to lock down home field advantage. Assuming of course that we handle the Vikings this weekend!!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
As long as we don't end up having to play the Saints in New Orleans, I'm ok with it. Either way it shakes out, that Saints game coming up is gonna be the biggest regular season game of the Carroll/Schneider era by a long shot. Even bigger than any of the Niner games so far based on what's riding on it. Maybe the only one that comes close is the Week 17 Charlie Whitehurst game against the Rams but the Hawks weren't for real contenders that year so the stakes are higher in this Saints game.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
As long as we don't end up having to play the Saints in New Orleans, I'm ok with it. Either way it shakes out, that Saints game coming up is gonna be the biggest regular season game of the Carroll/Schneider era by a long shot. Even bigger than any of the Niner games so far based on what's riding on it. Maybe the only one that comes close is the Week 17 Charlie Whitehurst game against the Rams but the Hawks weren't for real contenders that year so the stakes are higher in this Saints game.

Wilson is statistically better on the road. ;)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score

I didn't realize that but now that you mention it, it makes sense. The Tennessee game, the first half of the Tampa game right off the top of my head while he's had some good games on the road, including the Carolina game. Go figure huh?

Seriously though, imagine how much of an edge New Orleans would have if they beat us here and then we had to travel to their house play them in a playoff game. The much better scenario is we take them to the woodshed here, get them thinking it's impossible to beat us here, and then have them have to come back here again for an NFC title game. That's kinda what I had in mind when referring to what would be riding on that regular season matchup.

Reaction score
I didn't realize that but now that you mention it, it makes sense. The Tennessee game, the first half of the Tampa game right off the top of my head while he's had some good games on the road, including the Carolina game. Go figure huh?

Seriously though, imagine how much of an edge New Orleans would have if they beat us here and then we had to travel to their house play them in a playoff game. The much better scenario is we take them to the woodshed here, get them thinking it's impossible to beat us here, and then have them have to come back here again for an NFC title game. That's kinda what I had in mind when referring to what would be riding on that regular season matchup.
I think we'll handle NO in Seattle but they are the last team I want to see come the the playoffs. I'd rather play SF in our house any day.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Saints would have to beat the 49ers , come to Seattle and win and beat Carolina twice to overtake us . The only two teams in the NFC that are undefeated are the Saints and the Seahawks .

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
That's pretty good .lol

A saints victory and Kaepernick breaks his leg or a 49ers victory and Bree's breaks his , either way I'm good, I'm an equal opportunity hater !

NEWS HEADLINES

In a bizarre turn of events Colin and Drew collide on a freak side line play. Both sustain broken legs.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I was looking at the split stats between home and away games and the stats tell me that Wilson typically scales up his game on the road all the way across the board. He throws more, he runs more, he does a little more of everything. So he tends to take more of the game on himself. He even throws fewer picks. But he also fumbles more.
At home I think he tends to rely more on the running game and the defense making impact plays to put them on top (which is kind of a good thing because that's the stuff the Hawks are best at). A good example is the Niners game, a blowout for the Hawks but Wilson had one of his worst statistical performances of the season.

Top Bottom