• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

And Jim Harbaugh said he wouldn't have drug players like this on his team.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
PHD's kind of minor compaired to this.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was charged Wednesday with three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a party at his home in June 2012.
The Santa Clara County district attorney's office said in announcing the charges that Smith is expected to surrender on his own later this month. The 24-year-old Smith is on an indefinite leave of absence from the NFC champion 49ers while undergoing treatment for substance abuse at an in-patient facility following a DUI arrest Sept. 20.
[+] Enlarge
Jeff Gross/Getty ImagesAldon Smith has been charged with three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a party at his home in June 2012.
"We've been aware of the incident, the serious nature of it. We're all accountable for our actions, good and bad," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday. "There's a process, due process, that will take place. I don't feel any need to comment further on it."
When asked whether Smith -- who set a franchise record with 19.5 sacks last season -- would play again this year, Harbaugh said only, "I don't have any need to further comment on it."
On Monday, the coach said he had traded a few text messages with Smith, saying, "Heard that things are going very well, very positive reports back."
If convicted, Smith could face up to four years and four months in jail, the district attorney's office said.
"The preamble to the assault weapons law states that each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,' " District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. "California's prohibition of these powerful weapons is not about hunting or target practice. It is about interrupting the long history of death, carnage and grief assault weapons have inflicted on California communities."
Smith also is likely to face a suspension from the NFL, perhaps pushed back to next season or after his legal issues are resolved.
"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent developments with Aldon arising from an incident at his home in 2012," the team said in a statement Wednesday. "We recognize the serious nature of this situation, as does Aldon, and will continue to monitor it closely. As this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment."
Last month, Smith and former teammate Delanie Walker were named in a lawsuit filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court by a Northern California man who said he was shot at a party at Smith's house on June 29, 2012.
The players charged a $10 admission and $5 per drink, the lawsuit said. Smith and now-Titans tight end Walker, 29, were allegedly intoxicated on Smith's balcony when they fired gunshots in the air while trying to end the party, the lawsuit said.
Before the 2012 home opener last September, Smith was the passenger in a car during an accident in Santa Clara County in which the driver swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Smith sustained a cut beneath his right eyebrow. He apologized and insisted he had grown up.
Smith, selected seventh overall in the 2011 draft out of Missouri, had previously been arrested on suspicion of DUI in January 2012 in Miami shortly after the 49ers lost in the NFC championship game.
He is on the reserve non-football injury list while in rehab, and there is no NFL minimum for number of games he must miss while on the list.
Smith played in a 27-7 home loss to the Colts on Sept. 22 and had five tackles just two days after he was arrested and jailed on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. Smith apologized for his behavior after the game.
said Wednesday. "There's a process, due process, that will take place. I don't feel any need to comment further on it."
When asked whether Smith -- who set a franchise record with 19.5 sacks last season -- would play again this year, Harbaugh said only, "I don't have any need to further comment on it."
On Monday, the coach said he had traded a few text messages with Smith, saying, "Heard that things are going very well, very positive reports back."
If convicted, Smith could face up to four years and four months in jail, the district attorney's office said.
"The preamble to the assault weapons law states that each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,' " District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. "California's prohibition of these powerful weapons is not about hunting or target practice. It is about interrupting the long history of death, carnage and grief assault weapons have inflicted on California communities."
Smith also is likely to face a suspension from the NFL, perhaps pushed back to next season or after his legal issues are resolved.
"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent developments with Aldon arising from an incident at his home in 2012," the team said in a statement Wednesday. "We recognize the serious nature of this situation, as does Aldon, and will continue to monitor it closely. As this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment."
Last month, Smith and former teammate Delanie Walker were named in a lawsuit filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court by a Northern California man who said he was shot at a party at Smith's house on June 29, 2012.
The players charged a $10 admission and $5 per drink, the lawsuit said. Smith and now-Titans tight end Walker, 29, were allegedly intoxicated on Smith's balcony when they fired gunshots in the air while trying to end the party, the lawsuit said.
Before the 2012 home opener last September, Smith was the passenger in a car during an accident in Santa Clara County in which the driver swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Smith sustained a cut beneath his right eyebrow. He apologized and insisted he had grown up.
Smith, selected seventh overall in the 2011 draft out of Missouri, had previously been arrested on suspicion of DUI in January 2012 in Miami shortly after the 49ers lost in the NFC championship game.
He is on the reserve non-football injury list while in rehab, and there is no NFL minimum for number of games he must miss while on the list.
Smith played in a 27-7 home loss to the Colts on Sept. 22 and had five tackles just two days after he was arrested and jailed on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. Smith apologized for his behavior after the game.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
So long stupid , I'm sure " Mean Machine " is looking for good linebacker , see ya in 3-5 !
Aw come on. I'm a die hard Mean Machine fan, been one since the original. They're the good guys and they don't need no bad guys like this dude.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Seems like the Niners are getting it back together now that he's off the team. Doesn't matter how good he is, he's a cancer and they should just cut loose of him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seems like the Niners are getting it back together now that he's off the team. Doesn't matter how good he is, he's a cancer and they should just cut loose of him.

Aldon is still very young and he hasnt done anything I havent, or wouldnt do. I would take him in a heart beat, if smartens up and grows up a little he have a HOF type carrerr.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Aldon is still very young and he hasnt done anything I havent, or wouldnt do. I would take him in a heart beat, if smartens up and grows up a little he have a HOF type carrerr.
Good point. They should at least cut loose of his season then. Sometimes players become such a distraction that being on the team does more harm than good. And if he's facing prison time for an illegal weapons charge, then his career as a Niner might not be salvageable.

Idahawk

Reaction score

Dam Szat ! You've been stabbed and shoot people with machine guns lol , I gotta party with you !

Smith is going to get hammered , those gun hating liberals in Cali will hang his ass , then the gun hating liberals in New York ( Goodell) and co will hang him again . I think he and the 49ers are doing the rehab thing for damage control , I doubt you see him in red and gold again , more like bright orange . Way to much of a hot button topic to brush under the rug , buh bye .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Dam Szat ! You've been stabbed and shoot people with machine guns lol , I gotta party with you !

Smith is going to get hammered , those gun hating liberals in Cali will hang his ass , then the gun hating liberals in New York ( Goodell) and co will hang him again . I think he and the 49ers are doing the rehab thing for damage control , I doubt you see him in red and gold again , more like bright orange . Way to much of a hot button topic to brush under the rug , buh bye .

I mean who hasnt at 24 right???

So did they fire some rounds in the air to get ppl the fuck off his property or with intent to kill?

Seems like a pretty wild party gone bad is all.

YOur right about cali though, expecially in light of all the AR crimes recently.
Shit one here in the Clackmas mall just miles from my house!

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score

The Niners will release him and then when all is in the past and he has paid his dues and grown up, some other team will get the benefit of his talent and ability. Sucks, but that is the way it will go.

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
Just one more reason why you should never shoot your mouth off about other teams dirty laundry. Eventually, it comes back and bites you in the rear when one of your players does something stupid. It's a pity he's in this situation, but its one of his own making. Can't save someone from themselves until they're willing to receive help, no matter how hard you try.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
If I'm getting paid millions I'm not having a house party and charging to get in.

What a cheap bastard. That's how you got busted dumbass.

Top Bottom