• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Arise Flynninites

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Alright, I've seen enough. Can we see if Flynn can handle a good defensive opponent now? Clearly Wilson can't.

Claim the WR if you like, give him another couple weeks until we face another sad defense so he can actually look good.

9 for 23, hell even smith can do better against the NFL's best secondary.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
What I meant is, you blatantly waive off 5 dropped passes like they were Wilson's fault when we have had 6 all year to this point. You are so pro-Flynn that you fail to objectively spread the blame around at all. Sure he could have played better. Lots of players on this team could have. But do you realize how different this game would have been if passes had been dropped at our normal rate of less than one per game? And what about the defense getting completely embarrassed in the second half?

It's like you were just sitting here with a draft blaming the entire game on Wilson, waiting to hit "post" the minute the L rolled in. It's disgusting, boring, predictable, and completely inaccurate.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
And I hate it because your extreme pro-Flynn attitude makes me hate Flynn just like Cowboys fans make me hate the Cowboys. Which is a shame, because when camp started, I thought Flynn should have been the starter.

Reaction score
Are you serious? The game JUST got over... I have half a mind to lock this thread already.

5 drops, 2 of those for huge gains, one was in a big 3rd down situation, Baldwin got hurt, I actually thought the play calling was about what I expected, but there were some weird play designs, and oh yeah, we were playing arguably the best defense in the league.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I wish it was so simple that this could be blamed on Wilson. It would be easier to fix than a receiving core with limp dicks for fingers.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
It wasn't Wilson fault we lost, It was the drop passes (5) three were first first downs which would have produced points, field goals at least.. all in all Wilson played a good game except for the INT... the loss goes on the WR..

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If our defense sucked would Wison be the QB? We need points and to use quickouts and slants to move the ball. Desperate/complex plays are more likely to fail.

The pressure is always on the D to make up for our lack of offense. Eventually something has to give.

Reaction score
Alright, I've seen enough. Can we see if Flynn can handle a good defensive opponent now? Clearly Wilson can't.

Claim the WR if you like, give him another couple weeks until we face another sad defense so he can actually look good.

9 for 23, hell even smith can do better against the NFL's best secondary.

If they handle those drops, he's 14 for 23, which is just over 60%... 60.8% to be exact <----- just woke up and I did that in my head by the way.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
If they handle those drops, he's 14 for 23, which is just over 60%... 60.8% to be exact <----- just woke up and I did that in my head by the way.
your crazy, Wilson has played great for a rookie, before last nights game Wilson had the most wins over any rookie thus far.. If the WR didnt drop those perfectly thrown balls we would have won.. then you would be singing a different song

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
What I meant is, you blatantly waive off 5 dropped passes like they were Wilson's fault when we have had 6 all year to this point. You are so pro-Flynn that you fail to objectively spread the blame around at all. Sure he could have played better. Lots of players on this team could have. But do you realize how different this game would have been if passes had been dropped at our normal rate of less than one per game? And what about the defense getting completely embarrassed in the second half?

It's like you were just sitting here with a draft blaming the entire game on Wilson, waiting to hit "post" the minute the L rolled in. It's disgusting, boring, predictable, and completely inaccurate.
===================
Hear, hear... no wonder you are "super Moderator" !

A 'right-on' appraisal, Thank you.

Reaction score
your crazy, Wilson has played great for a rookie, before last nights game Wilson had the most wins over any rookie thus far.. If the WR didnt drop those perfectly thrown balls we would have won.. then you would be singing a different song

Uh... I wasn't making an argument against Wilson lol.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Dick Fain: "And if anyone calls in and says, 'Did you see how bad Wilson was?' either A) did not watch the game or B) does not know what the hell they are talking about. Period. End of story."

Mitch kept playing that and asked Hugh Millen what he thought. Millen said that while Wilson did not play great, he got zero help and would lay the blame at the WRs first. Millen said if you wanted to take Fain's quote literally, he was right.

Mitch was also right on the money when he said all those people calling for Flynn because he would be better "are full of crap."

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
I always wanted to be one of those guys who record the game, then (since they obviously don't drink and have ugly wives) stay up all night going over and over the game loss.

They start the next thread with a "how to fix" tutorial, and a game recap.

Me ? I scribble down notes... that I cannot make sense of in the morning.
First Half:
Two drops of perfectly thrown balls, a open field (big yardage potential) run that ends in a stumble !!
2 minute warning...poor play calling (VERY), 3 long passes-punt WTF ?

Second Half:
3rd Quarter dropped ball--punt
Mebank ... no idea why I wrote his name down
offside for a free first-down
A sack !!!!!
4th and 17, 4 yard line

Those are my notes, so, when you are bored.... these can be relived into the fail, I saw only these errors as costing us the game (accompanied with lotsa' (180 yards worth ?) of runs by S.F. that simply ate us up).

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I go back to what I said ealier, we have great TE's (McCoy & Miller) who catch 81%. If we could use them it would help. The WR's were catching 60% prior to this game.

Top Bottom