• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bruce on the JUICE

Reaction score
He's his number # 1 now that Crab is out.
Boldin was a great WR, what he lacked in speed he use to make up for vet savy, and great hands, YAC. But he is not near as explosive as Crabtree, and is not a true #1 IMO, I wouldnt even put him at the X, he is more of Y or slot guy.
Fixed ;)

Reaction score
I'm not saying that you're saying that. You're dismissing that his 4.7 speed translates into him being a slow receiver (by NFL WR standards). Like I've been saying, he's getting older, his skill set is dimenishing. He is not the same guy he was 10 years ago. He's currently the best WR on that SF roster and thats pretty telling of their situation at that position.

Mike Williams may have been a bad example. When he came out of college and ran the 40, he was a lot slimmer and looked a lot quicker. We got the 240+lb beer-gut version when he was playing here.

I'm just saying, you don't hang around in the NFL as a WR if you look like you run a 4.7. He plays faster than that, and as much as I agree he's not the same guy he used to be and that he's no where near an elite level receiver, I just don't think he should be taken lightly.

Reaction score
I'm just saying, you don't hang around in the NFL as a WR if you look like you run a 4.7. He plays faster than that, and as much as I agree he's not the same guy he used to be and that he's no where near an elite level receiver, I just don't think he should be taken lightly.

When he is the best receiver on the 49ers roster, then I am going to take him lightly.

OP
SEA#FENSE

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from either of those guys, but they played in a different era, vs different guys.
A much more dangerous era where being slow was a death sentence. Guys like Jack Tatum were ready to have you hospitalized without any repercussion from the league. If I go over the middle NOW I know the defender can't even hit me with his helmet. Another example I left out that pertains to modern day NFL is Chris Carter. A speed demon by no means and will be adding a Yellow Jacket to his wardrobe soon. Jerry rice was able to be the best for as long as he did because he separated so well he never took hits after the catch.

Top Bottom