• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Christine Michael

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
He looked very explosive vs Atlanta

He runs downhill like a freight train. I actually think he'll be a huge asset in our future or possibly later this season? :)

In my opinion he could be a better starter for 3/4 of the NFL teams right now.

It's awesome to have this kind of depth.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Hes not getting opportunities due to struggles with pass protection. Turbin is the superior pass blocker which is why hes higher on the depth chart.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
That and he may not fully understand our zone blocking scheme. Not sure what T A&M ran but zbs takes some time to grasp.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Not sure how you can be disappointed in a player we have yet to see play. When Marshawn moves on, CM will be the 2nd best back in that draft class, you heard it here first. But until I see him struggle the way Trent Richardson is currently, I'm not ready to say he was a wasted pick. I feel like many picks in the last draft were looking for the future and it may take some time before we know who makes an impact from that class.

I mean we also have to remember we haven't seen much of Tharold Simon or Jesse Williams as well who have some potential.

Reaction score
Not sure how you can be disappointed in a player we have yet to see play. When Marshawn moves on, CM will be the 2nd best back in that draft class, you heard it here first. But until I see him struggle the way Trent Richardson is currently, I'm not ready to say he was a wasted pick. I feel like many picks in the last draft were looking for the future and it may take some time before we know who makes an impact from that class.

I mean we also have to remember we haven't seen much of Tharold Simon or Jesse Williams as well who have some potential.
Richardson will be fine. He needs an offensive line that can block for him. He's a power back that needs to be running out of the "I" with a lead blocking FB or TE. Not taking handoffs on draw plays in the shotgun. No his game.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think he's just too slow for the NFL. The only way he'll be ever worthy of the 3rd overall pick is if he gets behind not just a good offensive line, but a great one.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He ran a 4.45 40. Plenty fast enough imo.

He does (Trent) lack some shiftness, he seems to get caught in traffic easy, unlike a similar body type in Lacy, who just blows it up.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He ran a 4.45 40. Plenty fast enough imo.

It's not "elite" fast. That was the biggest knock on him before the draft. I'd argue that the Cleveland o-line is at least as good as our line if not better, but he still didn't get any kind of great results there.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Odds are those guys would have ended up on the practice squad and gotten snatched away like Chris Harper

Keenan Allen? Highly unlikely. He was statistically better than any of the Hawks' WRs and is a significant reason for the Chargers' offensive resurgence.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
It's not "elite" fast. That was the biggest knock on him before the draft

Actually Trent is a power back and with power backs 4.45 is actually pretty darn good. 4.45 is faster than Lynch, Gore AND Lacy and is faster than the majority of D-linemen and linebackers trying to run him down and is fast enough to offset the speed of many DBs so running him down from behind would be difficult. Good example: Richard Sherman, who's got 4.55 speed so he would be incapable of running Richardson down from behind.
From what I remember, based on the type of RB he is, 4.45 was actually something the scouts liked quite a bit about Richardson. 4.45 isn't elite, breakaway speed (which begins at 4.40) but very few RBs can run faster than 4.40 and most of them are scatback types and not power-oriented like Richardson.

I think his main problem is recognition. He often takes the wrong path through the line and misses the openings. If there's space between the LT and the LG, he might take the lane between the LG and the C. That kind of thing.

Reaction score
It's not "elite" fast. That was the biggest knock on him before the draft. I'd argue that the Cleveland o-line is at least as good as our line if not better, but he still didn't get any kind of great results there.

What is "elite" fast?

Marshawn ran logged 4.46 coming out College. Do you not consider Marshawn elite?

Now I know 40 times don't tell the full story. I can concede that Richardson isn't the quickest RB out there. He doesn't seem to hit the hole with that decisiveness that Lynch possesses, but I think over time with some solid coaching and good oline play he can be a very successful and even maybe elite back.

With all that said, I do have to agree with the sentiment that he wasn't worth a #3 overall pick.

Reaction score

I don't know about the rest of their oline, but their LT is a one of the best in the game.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
but I think over time with some solid coaching and good oline play he can be a very successful and even maybe elite back.
Now that you mention that, as well as how well Lynch can hit the holes, I remember the main knock on Lynch when he first came here was that he used to dance around in the backfield too much before hitting the hole. He was coached up on the issue and now look at him.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just reiterating what was said about him coming out of Alabama. And being an elite back and having elite speed are two different things. Richardson is/has neither.

The Brown's center, Alex Mack, is also arguably the best in the game.

There is just nothing I've seen of Richardson that indicates he can play at a high level in the NFL. I could be wrong.

Top Bottom