• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FanVision?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I just got an email from the Seahawks. Apparently they are sending me a FanVision (Fanvision.com - Home) free of charge - though they'll probably charge to access the content, lol.

Did any other season ticket holders get one?

chlywily

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes, I just did as well. (got the email about the free fanvision) This used to be "Kangaroo TV" and I know that they gave any NFL team that wanted them 5,000 of them for free. Only 12 teams took the offer. The service will be free at the stadium. Not sure if we will need to return them? (probably will.) The nice thing is the fantasy stats (live) and the NFL red zone access, replays etc... I am just wondering how they chose the 5,000 people to get them!? I am in the Club section, and have been a STH for 5 years or so, so it is not seniority! What section are you in? Others?

S

Seattlehawk94

Didn't get email, don't need it...If anyone has Sunday Ticket, you can now watch all games and Red Zone channel on all smartphones...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Problem with smart phones is that carriers either don't have the spectrum or they don't build enough back haul behind their spectrum to handle the spike in activity seen at large events like a Seahawks game. So your phone's performance goes to shit.

That and I don't get Sunday Ticket. ;)

Reaction score
Also you said you have the evo which is an awesome phone but the thing with htc is their phones have terrible battery life. I know I have the htc incrdible and streaming video makes the phone burn through that battery even faster.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dam, that is pretty sweet. I would like to know how effective it is hooked up to the Red Zone Channel. And how good reception is INSIDE the game.

S

Seattlehawk94

Actually my iPhone worked pretty well with it last season so ill let you know..

Tell me about it Flip, my battery "life" (if you can call it that) sucks...But the WiFi hotspot feature is freaking amazing, basically don't need an internet provider anymore..

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
AT&T sucks. My iPhone always shits out on me at Qwest - though it seemed a lot better this year. So did my G1 I had when I worked for T-Mobile. Now I work for Clearwire (who provides the WiMAX for Sprint). I'm not sure we have the back haul to provide the speed you are used to with thousands of simultaneous users on one tower. If you fall back to Sprint's 3G you are hosed because it is easily the crappiest 3G network in this area.

That said, if this FanVision thing wasn't sent to me, I would be trying to make my iPhone work for sure - I'm not sure I would pay for it. But I'll let you know. :)

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail today...WTF....I was not told much info when I responded to the email. I guess it is free and it has no mention of returning it. Huh...I guess it ended up being a good deal. Anyone else get theirs?

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49981 said:
Actually my iPhone worked pretty well with it last season so ill let you know..

Tell me about it Flip, my battery "life" (if you can call it that) sucks...But the WiFi hotspot feature is freaking amazing, basically don't need an internet provider anymore..

Download the advanced task killer app, it kills all of the applications running in the background. Helps the battery life pretty significantly. After I get my incredible fixed (broke the screenn, using the droid 2 right now.) I'm going to buy an extended life battery.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SIS;50148 said:
Just got mine in the mail today...WTF....I was not told much info when I responded to the email. I guess it is free and it has no mention of returning it. Huh...I guess it ended up being a good deal. Anyone else get theirs?

Yeah I got mine. I don't think you'll have to return it. My bet is that the service will be free for now while they get the first 5,000 hooked and sell more devices/build the app for mobile phones. After that, I bet they charge.

I turned mine on and wanted to play around with it, but there was obviously no service being that I was not at the stadium.

Enrique

Huddler
Reaction score
I got a walk in Season Ticket holder fanvision for free today at the game. It was completely awesome. It buzzes you with alerts when there is a really good replay, you can check fantasy stats, you can watch other NFL games (if you are bored) and it really rocks for those moments that you could not see what was happening or missed! Everyone around me was jealous! Details are... after today the device costs $200. Anyone who got one free has it free for three years, then $80 or so a season. (what I was told by rep). Reception was good (wireless video) except when you went into the bathrooms (see: concrete bunker) The audio was from 97.3. Neat to be able to select the camera you want from the device. Replay's are the best though!!! Great device. really impressed.

Top Bottom