• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Great teams overcome

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
and then deny a response. The drive in OT was perfection. Still don't like relying on Wilson's legs that much though he was never in peril. Great play calling great execution great game.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
There is less talk of that and more talk about coin tosses and unfairness. They knew there was an OT rule going into the game...so they should just shut it.

Russ doing exactly what you'd want in a QB.

Reaction score
There is less talk of that and more talk about coin tosses and unfairness. They knew there was an OT rule going into the game...so they should just shut it.

I've come to realize that the people in Denver (media, fans and players) don't know how to handle a loss. They bitched and moaned after the Super Bowl, making all kinds of excuses. Now they're bitching about the OT rules. Gimme a break you whinny losers. How about your defense, in which you invested $100+ million this offseason, stop the Seahawks from marching downfield and scoring in OT?

They've got a complex. They're trying to "buy" their way to a championship. They don't like being reminded that they're not the best team in football. Quickly climbing the list of my top hated fanbases and nipping on the heals of the 49ers fans.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
It's not okay for us to beat the Broncos in OT in a regular season game but it's okay for the Broncos to beat the Steelers in OT in a playoff game. Bronco fan logic. Couldn't agree more though, their fans are complete hypocrites. Call us bandwagon fans yet I distinctly remember their fans not being as loudmouthed when Cutler and Tebow were their QB.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Don't forget the OT rule in its present state is a product of Manning when he was in Indy , they lost a sudden death game and suddenly the rules need changed ? The NFL babies the Manning's it's pathetic .

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't forget the OT rule in its present state is a product of Manning when he was in Indy , they lost a sudden death game and suddenly the rules need changed ? The NFL babies the Manning's it's pathetic .

I see what Manning is saying but the change already doesn't respect scoring first by a field goal since the game continues if the other team gets a field goal too. The game is really about getting into the end zone so scoring a TD should be enough to end the game. Only other thing I can think of is what they do in college where the other team gets a chance to respond with the game continuing until a team can't maintain the tie in points.

Idahawk

Reaction score
On Denver's final drive they kept using the same play over and over , where the ball was going to the second man through the zone . Seattle didn't have time to adjust but I'm sure during the coin toss it was taken care of . Fact of the matter is Denvers run game was non existent and up until they found that one play that worked they had nothing.
On the last Play JR Sweezy took Terrance Knighton and drove him sideways 10 yards to open that hole for Lynch , we actually blew them off the line every play of that drive , Denver was whopped and hoped to get the ball first to try and steal one , clearly Seattle is the better team .

You can't buy a Super Bowl Denver !

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score

It seems when ever the Seahawks beat good team like GB or Donko's there is always an excuse as to why they lost. Maybe it's pretty simple, the Seahawks are the better team.
There is less talk of that and more talk about coin tosses and unfairness. They knew there was an OT rule going into the game...so they should just shut

Last edited:

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Seems every time the Hawks win a big game against a good team, aka
GB and Donkeys, teams start making excuses as to why the Seahawk beat them. Couldn't be the Hawks are just better could it? Always have excuses

Last edited:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I went to that game with a Denver fan and a good friend of mine. He didn't complain about how the OT went until later on when I disputed the claim that Denver would have won had they won the toss. I told him they might have but the odds of Denver also getting a TD on their first possession was less than 50/50.
Idahawk already mentioned the fact that Denver used the same play 4 times, a garden variety Cover 3 beater, in that 50 second drive to tie it. In other words, Denver finally found something that worked. But since that was the only thing that worked, they kept going to it. Does anyone really think it would have continued working another 4 times in the OT? Unlikely.
Other than the latter part of the 4th quarter Manning managed to put up a whopping 3 points and zero TDs and Pete felt the defense played better in that game than they did in the Super Bowl, and the statistics back him up.
It's conceivable Denver could have scored a TD on first possession but the odds just weren't in their favor. To say it was a slam dunk and that the Seahawk D was so "beaten down" at that point that they had no chance to stop them and that the game was won entirely on the toss is just total BS.
Anyone want to bet against the LoB? You know the old saying about a sucker and his money and all that.

Top Bottom