• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Happy with Pete Carroll so far?

Mo-hawk fan

Huddler
Reaction score
Just curious- Do you give Pete a big "pat on the back" or dream of the Holmgren days?

likka-virus

Huddler
Reaction score
Mo-hawk fan;50079 said:
Just curious- Do you give Pete a big "pat on the back" or dream of the Holmgren days?
i dont know that i long for the holmgren days...but i have not seen much improvement in talent or preparation from this team over last seasons...the whole first string seems rushed...and the defense looks unsure...thats a recipe for a long season boys and girls...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Pete is doing the best he can. I am happy with the direction the team is taking. It is to small of a sample size to judge his turn in Seattle. He is definitely shaping the team with the guys he wants, getting rid of some old guys, that didn't fit his system.

The question will be, is what he is doing, going to work out in the long run? May take a least 2 seasons to start to make that judgement. Hopefully not though.

OP
Mo-hawk fan

Mo-hawk fan

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;50083 said:
How happy were you guys with Holmgrens first few seasons??
Well said. Scott Linehan was outted here on St.L really quicky---and Spagnuolo inherited his mess. Spaggs was 1-15 last year and he still has a job. I think if the ownership situation played out differently he might have been looking for a new job.
I am a Holgren fan.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Holmgren like anyone coming in to an organization in ruin had a rough start, however he had the backing of his resume that made people believe if anyone could do it he could. Mora did not have that, and I don't trust Pete either. But I will root for his success, just wish we would have gone with Lezlie over Pete. Lezlie would have brought a defensive mind built for the pass rush despite not being the oh so popular 3-4 D. Pete brings us a man known for underhanded deals and lies. If he is gonna do it that way shit better get some results is all I am saying.

In short I would have have hoped for Ruskell getting the boot and Holmgren coming back, but life goes on and I hope we are better off for it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I was luke warm on Carroll, then excited, now I'm back to luke warm. I guess I'll judge on if the team improves over the next few seasons.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont know about a pat on the back, but I am behind this organization and its coach's. I dont think you can really compare this to Holgrem days, the transition was from Mora to Carroll not Holgrem to Carrol. And in that regard PC is an upgrade. Mora truely lost the team last year as evident by the last 4 games.

Striker, I think that will see a bliting 3-4 scheme, coming from a defensive minded coach as Carroll basically ran USC's deffense. And though we are not stacked in talent at DE, Im hoping we can suprise some teams with the blitz packages using DB's/LB's.

I definetly dont approve all the moves (WILLLSOOONN!) but PC/JS have put their stamp on this baby by blowing it up this weekend, and we'll just have to see how it plays out on Sunday.

GO HAWKS!

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I really think trepidation would be a better description of my thoughts about Pete, even after the win. I am about as excited now as I was for Mora, which is not very much. We're still transitioning from a guy who has won the Super Bowl, to a guy that has not.

Hawkfeathers

Huddler
Reaction score
dizzle498;50081 said:
I think Pete is doing the best he can. I am happy with the direction the team is taking. It is to small of a sample size to judge his turn in Seattle. He is definitely shaping the team with the guys he wants, getting rid of some old guys, that didn't fit his system.

The question will be, is what he is doing, going to work out in the long run? May take a least 2 seasons to start to make that judgement. Hopefully not though.

Well hopefully it won't take as long as it did for Kansas City, but it was exciting to see how their rebuilt team is finally coming together. Of course they have had high draft choices for a long time. I think Hawk fans are kinda stuck with being careful about wishing for a successful season...it will make it more difficult to get those top choices. I just wish Pete decided early about TJ so we could have traded him before the draft or at least for a decent 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011. He surely was worth a 3rd/4th to a team looking for an extra piece to push them over the top. Even broken down Maroney got a 4th for the Pats from Denver.

Reaction score
Hawkfeathers;50317 said:
Well hopefully it won't take as long as it did for Kansas City, but it was exciting to see how their rebuilt team is finally coming together. Of course they have had high draft choices for a long time. I think Hawk fans are kinda stuck with being careful about wishing for a successful season...it will make it more difficult to get those top choices. I just wish Pete decided early about TJ so we could have traded him before the draft or at least for a decent 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011. He surely was worth a 3rd/4th to a team looking for an extra piece to push them over the top. Even broken down Maroney got a 4th for the Pats from Denver.
I thought the Patriots traded Maroney and a 6th to Denver for a 4th.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
ya gotta give the guy some time dont be a Al Davis!. rome wasnt built in a day i have good vib from him(pete) he got the manger that was needed and they should work together fine, i think the problem with seattle that they have always done is give away great players and got nothing in return why why why? i dont necessarily think holmgren did a outstanding job either, he was good but not overwhelmingly fabulous and after many years of really having nothing for a coach we finally had a coach with a winning record, i wish pete well

Reaction score
I think Pete is great at bringing in young talent and putting together a good team. His coaching and game management are still a little rough. Stop going for it on 4th and short early in games, faking field goals and punts. Take the guaranteed points. That is one thing I miss about Holmgren. He was conservative when it was most crucial.

If we kick the field goal and go into half time 6-7, then get the ball after the half... who knows where this game would have gone... but it's over now.

Also I am very unhappy with Jeremy Bates play calling... we start moving the ball with ease. Matt is hitting receivers for good gains and then he gets conservative all of a sudden. When instead he needs to be more aggressive. If you're hitting receiver for 10-15 yards and your RB is ripping off 14 yard runs GET MORE AGGRESSIVE!! The defense is on their heels and we need to take advantage of that. PLAY ACTION, PLAY ACTION!!!!! Instead he calls 2 run plays on 1st and 2nd down and then incomplete and punt. Come on now!!

Really pissed about today's game. Season isn't over. Rams are a decent team. Still make a lot of mistakes and a GOOD team will capitalize on them. Cards are just putred... Andreson is not an NFL QB. They will be lucky to win 5-6 games this year.

We should easily be 7-1 at home and possible even 8-0. Need at least one or two road wins and there a few games on the schedule where that is possible.

Just need to start playing smart, aggressive football and take advantage of our strengths.

GO HAWKS

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
i like going for it on 4th and short only if your beyond mid field if you cant make a first down with 2 yards to go your not gonna amount to much, that doesnt mean going over the middle either that is so easy for defenses to predict as every team does it, i too think if were moving the ball get aggressive dont screw around use the hurry up offense control the tempo...today really sucked didnt it!. being from kalifornia at least the raiders and the forty whiners lost too so monday at work wont be so bad:emoticon-0143-smirk

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
NO! crackhead play calling, whats the rush? the desperation is beyond embarrassing, play the game accordingly...

PittFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Cant put this on PC. Only thought 2 times during the whole game he didint know what he was doing. Next week Hawks Fans...who is with me?

Reaction score
Going for it on 4th and short.. when the game is still close shows desperation and lack of confidence in defense... going for it early usually ends badly... see 49ers vs. Hawks week 1.

And when you have a 3rd and short as the hawks did several times this game, hand the rock off to Robinson!!! Don't throw the fucking ball!!!!!

PittFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Just got beat by a better team this week....we will regroup and win next week

Reaction score
PittFan;50766 said:
Just got beat by a better team this week....we will regroup and win next week
Next weeks a bye then we play Chicago. If the Bears play like they did on SNF, we have a chance.

Top Bottom