• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hard Knocks

S

Seattlehawk94

Hard Knocks isn't even close to as good as "The Franchise" with the SF Giants this year...That show is EPIC...Hard Knocks sucks to me because it's too limited in scope, Training Camp sucks and they are confined to dorms...The Franchise follows them DURING the season and during their real lives....

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw the Franchise and it is cool to watch players go through a season, but cool thing about Hard Knocks is you get to see some guys have their dreams come true making the team and some guys get crushed and tossed out. It is a crazy emotional roller coaster watching it all unfold on hard knocks. I guess if I cared about baseball more, I would like the Franchise a little more.

I do wish they followed them through the season, but I doubt the NFL will ever let that happen.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I love Hard Knocks, havent seen the francise, but I'm suprised Pete wouldnt go for it, I think it could only broaden our fan base.
Who's getting it this year?

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that it is cancelled this year because of the lockout. They were not sure what was going to happen with training camp/pre-season so they cancelled it. I know it would be cool, but it would definitely be a distractions for the team.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Straight from Petes Twittah.
For those of you who were wondering.

PeteCarroll Pete Carroll

We were asked to do it but didn't feel like it'd help us RT @Morrisonjames: @PeteCarroll would you ever consider doing HBO's hard knocks?

Didn't feel it'd help us on the gridiron is what it sounds like, which is what we all agreed on before. I agree it would be nice to gain a little notoriety...

S

Seattlehawk94

I saw the Franchise and it is cool to watch players go through a season, but cool thing about Hard Knocks is you get to see some guys have their dreams come true making the team and some guys get crushed and tossed out. It is a crazy emotional roller coaster watching it all unfold on hard knocks. I guess if I cared about baseball more, I would like the Franchise a little more.

I do wish they followed them through the season, but I doubt the NFL will ever let that happen.

The Franchise you get to see kids have their dreams come true making the team....Spring Training and callup segments are pretty damn awesome...Besides....No NFL team has ANYONE like "The Beard", he is the ONLY reason that show is so damned EPIC...Quite possibly the weirdest guy in sports since Bill "Spaceman" Lee pitched back in the '70s and '80s, if you don't know who Bill Lee is, YouTube him....Guy is batshit insane but in a good way...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The beard is definitely one interesting character. I have caught a few episodes on the franchise just to see what is going on with him, lol.

Top Bottom