• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

'Hawks Hire Darrell Bevell

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks wasted little time in replacing offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates.

Darrell Bevell accepted the job Thursday, ESPN's John Clayton is reporting. The offensive staff now has direction with Bevell as coordinator and Tom Cable as assistant head coach/offensive line.

Bevell comes from Minnesota, where he was the Vikings' offensive coordinator. He has roots in the West Coast offense and worked with Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck when both were with the Green Bay Packers in 2000.

Seahawks general manager John Schneider was also with Green Bay at that time.

Bevell began calling the Vikings' offensive plays in 2007. He has said he wants to become a head coach. He should have a better opportunity to bolster his resume while working under a defensive head coach in Seattle's Pete Carroll.

Carroll made it clear Wednesday that Cable would influence the offense and help hire the coordinator.

Read More: Bevell, Cable make for interesting duo - NFC West Blog - ESPN

S

Seattlehawk94

Good hire! Matthew's got his kinda guy calling the plays now!

This offseason is working out pretty well already!

Reaction score
Yeah i like this move, i heard something about Sidney Rice being a FA and that he really like Bevell so he might come here...

that would be freaking awesome. IMHO

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This has a got a warm fuzzy feel to it.

Hopefully these two coaches have got ins at their respective teams, we could use some of those FA's to fill holes here, and set us up for the 2011 draft!

S

Seattlehawk94

Very warm and fuzzy....Sad that we have to wait till August!

With all the action going on it feels like a fucking game week!!!!

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
That's why I hate the off season... all this news and tease with no game for 8+ months.

S

Seattlehawk94

twelvewins;54189 said:
That's why I hate the off season... all this news and tease with no game for 8+ months.

LMAO..You make the NFL off-season sound like the equalivent of going to a strip club...haha..Kinda is..LOL

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54194 said:
LMAO..You make the NFL off-season sound like the equalivent of going to a strip club...haha..Kinda is..LOL

Shit yeah, 8+ months long time to go with no action... hehe..

Im still excited for the changes, the combine, FA, the draft, though, all that keeps me going through spring, then summer, shit who cares you should be outdoors enjoying life and the sunshine anyways.

With Bevell I think we'll see a much better WR rounte tree. Its seemed like Bates was all slants or go routes. Watchin Minny too, they liked to run the ball, I dont remember seeing alot of play action stuff though, which Matt is very well versed at. Need to do some more research on this guy...

Reaction score
Baseball gets me through the summer just fine. Its the 2 months between the super bowl and opening day that kill me.

Reaction score
Maybe if we had a baseball team worth watching... FA, combine, draft, mini camp, training camp get me through it. Blazers help too... even though this year they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger;54230 said:
I don't get into march madness. I'll fill out a bracket, but I don't like college basketball.

I ALWAYS take the Thursday and Friday off for the 1st Round games...Love watching the little guys and the Cindrellas battle--to me it's second to the Superbowl in what I look forward to every year in terms of big events.
The emotion is infectious and watching the kids from schools who "don't belong" getting into the game if they are keeping it close deep into the game..

The tourney is what sports SHOULD be about..This year the Cougs, Zags, AND Fuskies are projected to get it....Should be fun...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54230 said:
I don't get into march madness. I'll fill out a bracket, but I don't like college basketball.

How you can like baseball *YAWN* and not like March Madness is beyond me. I don't really follow college basketball either, but a couple weeks before the tourney, I read up and it makes it a pretty exciting few weeks.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18;54256 said:
How you can like baseball *YAWN* and not like March Madness is beyond me. I don't really follow college basketball either, but a couple weeks before the tourney, I read up and it makes it a pretty exciting few weeks.

We will have the Huddle Brackets like always...

Hey, that's the joy of MM..You don't NEED to know EVERYTHING about all the teams...That's what makes it fun, learning to root for a team as the games going on...

I LOVE the Underdogs and the small schools playing their hearts out because a 1st Round Win to them IS THEIR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP....That's what makes it so fun, the emotion and the fact EVERY GAME is like the NFL Playoffs, one and done....

I Love MLB, but from after Opening Week until the ASG there is NOTHING really exciting except for the stray record breaking moment that sometimes happens...After the ASG it's boring again until September and if your teams out of it (like the eM's are EVERY year) I really don't give a shit until the Playoffs....And if the Spankers and Pets are in a Subway Series (sponsored by Jared) I won't watch---I didn't watch a PITCH of the 2000 WS and won't if they play again...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Only thing the MLB has for me is that it means spring and summer. And who doesn't love spring and summer? And while I don't really care for the MLB, I do like heading down the hill to Safeco on a whim on a warm summer evening, buying an $8 ticket and just hanging out with some buddies.

Top Bottom