• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hawks interested in super Mario?

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone brought this up here yet but sounds like the hawks might go after Mario Williams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-11037948

Gotta say Im a big fan of Williams he's quite a beast. Could be just the guy there looking for. He's still young enough to get a good amount of years out of him although the price tag may be large he would be worth it.

Reaction score
Yeah his injury past scares me. We spent a lot of money on Sydney Rice (given his production for us) and that might turn out to be a bust of a signing. I don't want to write off Rice yet. I like him a lot, but injuries in the NFL are part of the game. Hopefully if we land Mario he can get healthy again or sign with us for a decent price.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Injury history worries me a little as well.
I would love Mario to come to Seattle, but ive been hearing "biggest defensive contract in history" and if thats the case, I might pass on him for one of the other DE FA's. Still they should aggressively pursue him.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Id rather find the next Mario in the draft , its the way the Packers do it and I think building from within brings long terms results as opposed to spending a huge chunk of change on one guy short term . I think JS wants to be like his former team , but PC does have the finally say on players and may want to make a splash with a big name player.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't forget, one of the arguably biggest signings in free agency history was Reggie White to the Packers. It completely kicked off their run in the 90s.

I am with you about building primarily through the draft, but if you have the cash and players want to play here, I have no problem with free agency either. After all, the Packers had one of the worst pass defenses in the league, so it isn't all peachy king up there.

Top Bottom