• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I have a feeling

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
I got a feeling that we are going to take joe mcknight with our 2nd round pick.Anyone else think agree??

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am telling your right now that you might be onto something. That was Carroll's guy at USC no matter how crappy of a game he was having, Carroll ran him like it was going out of style.

I will be disappointed if we take Joe Mcknight. I have seen him fumble way to much and avoid hitting the hole.

OP
LaceyBALL3R360

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Mcknight is fast and all that but we already have a fast guy in forsett, and at least forsett runs hard and hits holes mcknight just reminds me of a crappier reggie bush, and thats saying something.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Joe McNight isn't projected as a 2nd round talent, and Seattle may not have their pick at 40 come draft day (I think it is headed to Denver as part of a deal for Marshall). If he manages to slip out of the 3rd round and is there in the 4th round I can see us taking him, but J Best or Ryan Matthews makes more sense at 40 (one of them will be there).

As for Forsett - I love the kid and he does run hard. He makes great cuts and moves well. But he IS NOT a fast back. He runs a 4.55 40. Open field speed and size to blow into a packed line are the 2 things he lacks. We either need one back that can offer both of those, or a combination of two backs to fill those needs. With a 4.45 time, quick change of motion, and even better football speed, McNight would be close to filling that need, but he isn't going to be able to shed NFL tacklers very well. And he isn't as talented or fast as Best.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45715 said:
Mcknight is fast and all that but we already have a fast guy in forsett, and at least forsett runs hard and hits holes mcknight just reminds me of a crappier reggie bush, and thats saying something.

Forsett is not fast

OP
LaceyBALL3R360

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
its called game speed but i guess u never played ball so all u rely on is 40 times

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
There is 40 time speed, game speed, and then there is quickness.
Forsett has above average quickness.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45975 said:
its called game speed but i guess u never played ball so all u rely on is 40 times

wrong
4.52 in HS
11.4 in 100
50.4 in 400
4x100 we ran 41.9 and our anchor missed the handoff so no state
fast and quick but no Div 1 Body or skill
played soccer and BBall in college

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
OH snap!

Not fast, but quick, took 4th in WA state wrestling.
And im in a band.
:band:

OP
LaceyBALL3R360

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
all i kno is forsett has good acceleration and good vision and quickness, we throw him screens and he takes off and turn it into a 30-40 yard play almost for a td

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46040 said:
all i kno is forsett has good acceleration and good vision and quickness, we throw him screens and he takes off and turn it into a 30-40 yard play almost for a td
Yeah, he has the ability to find the hole quickly.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45985 said:
"Ball" speed is usually slower than "40" speed.

The times are slower yes, but there are people that run 4.4's at the combine and you put them on the field and they just dont look nearly as fast as you thought they were. Last time i checked football wasnt played on a track and being able to run with your head down. I had a buddy in high school who was the best WR to ever come through our school and his fastest time ever in the 40 was a 4.8. When he was on the field all padded up he outran everyone. He would get the ball on a swing route and sprint up the sideling for td's every game. There are a lot of factors that go into running a fast 40, technique on the start is a big thing. There is a huge difference between running on a track and running on a field with pads on with your head on a swivel.

Top Bottom