• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just gonna add one point.. doesnt matter who was QB in yesterday game, the O-line did a horrible job stopping the blitz and pass rush.. Any QB in the league with that pressure would have played like shit.. If you dont get anytime to look down field and set up plays.. its gonna be hard to move the ball

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
lets not forget one thing.. If the 4 passes we threw were caught we would have won, and Wilson would be the hero.. So on that note, it was a TEAM loss, not a QB loss..

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I gotta admitt though, as much as I have hope for RW, I was very disappointed he couldnt find a way to finish. Regardless of the WR drops, good QB's put better touch on the ball, and the intangible... inherently know what WR can make the play. He did not..

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I gotta admitt though, as much as I have hope for RW, I was very disappointed he couldnt find a way to finish. Regardless of the WR drops, good QB's put better touch on the ball, and the intangible... inherently know what WR can make the play. He did not..
and why not run the ball??? we have Lynch, 4 yards is a wlk in the park to him... Thats what i didnt understand

Idahawk

Reaction score
and why not run the ball??? we have Lynch, 4 yards is a wlk in the park to him... Thats what i didnt understand

RW won't make the same mistakes twice, we have seen what he can do and sunday was just a young team with a bad case of nerves on the road in the first game of the year and nothing more .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Totally, to both points, though we had only 30 secs and no T.O.s PC/DB are not very dynamic when it comes to time management. Except for stealing that extra T.Out, that was just plain sneaky!

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't say a loss, I said mistakes by Wilson. There really weren't any big ones.

Just a lot of little ones? I try not to argue with mods, and it seems this board has a lot of pro-Wilson mods. So I will stay in my mancave and watch replays of the Giants-Dallas game. I'm sure Ware's favorite number after Sunday will be # 3. :sneaky:

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the apparent anti-Wilson sentiment is a referendum on Carroll's 'unconventional' license, and his inability to groom pro QBs properly. People upset with Wilson starting are perhaps actually upset that Carroll decided to start a rookie QB on the road when they smart money was to start a more experienced Flynn and relieve with Wilson if Flynn was stumbling. The even smarter strategy was to prep Seattle for a two headed monster with Wilson getting 10 or so touches in the early games as a change of pace QB that runs/throws/receives. I think there is a name for that...;)

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If there is any consolation out of this loss for me, it is the schadenfreude derived toward Bill Simmons and his over-the-top ballwashing of Wilson and the Hawks. I dislike the Pats and Simmon's historical bias for all things Pats. There has been entirely too much hype for the Hawks this season before a real game was played, so it is to be expected that many of the bandwagon Hawk fans will be entirely shocked and angry that we lost the certain winnable game on our early brutal schedule.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just gonna add one point.. doesnt matter who was QB in yesterday game, the O-line did a horrible job stopping the blitz and pass rush.. Any QB in the league with that pressure would have played like shit.. If you dont get anytime to look down field and set up plays.. its gonna be hard to move the ball

I disagree (unless you ment to say short QB's)

See Peyton, Brady. Once again, the answer is clear. Cleareyes.

No wait uh, Quickouts, yeah that's it.

Man, even after years of not watching commercials...

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I disagree (unless you ment to say short QB's)

See Peyton, Brady. Once again, the answer is clear. Cleareyes.

No wait uh, Quickouts, yeah that's it.

Man, even after years of not watching commercials...

Teams won't send the rush (openimg up the field) if you keep throwing quick passes.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Teams won't send the rush (openimg up the field) if you keep throwing quick passes.

You mean if you complete quick throws. But really, that is an oversimplification. A QB still has to be able to take his 3 step drop and there were a lot of times where Wilson was running for his life when he hit his third step.

Idahawk

Reaction score
You mean if you complete quick throws. But really, that is an oversimplification. A QB still has to be able to take his 3 step drop and there were a lot of times where Wilson was running for his life when he hit his third step.

But with Flynn in there his added few inches of height and ability to throw the quick out would have won the game for us !

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

Like I said watch Brady. Sometime it doesn't even look like he takes a step back, he takes the snap and throws in one motion. Flynn did it 3 consecutive times in preseason game 4 and scored a TD. I realize it is hard to go against the coach but imo if you want to win Flynn is just better suited for the team as it is right now.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I did. He uses mostly 3 and 7 step drops if not in the shot gun or handing off. I think it is easy to say "Flynn is just better suited to win now." But that is a cop out, IMO, because it ignores a lot of other factors.

Top Bottom