• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If I Had the $$$

S

Seattlehawk94

Couldn't do it...Packers got a one time exemption, and this was before TV Contracts EXPLODED in the '60s... NFL has already told Ralph Wilson he can't do that in his will to keep the team in Buffalo, if they are to stay it has to be because a rich guy likes Buffalo..

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Owning a piece of the team would be nice, but as 94 pointed out, not gonna happen. What I would do with the money is hire 5 tv crews to hound Trent Cole, Andy Reid, and any other eagle I can find to demand answers to questions like:

Do you still beat your wife Trent?

Do you enjoy taking cheap shots on opponents sexually, or just psychologically?

Does Trent routinely participate in Ben's pre-teen rape parties?

Etc.

Reaction score
And Trent Cole would answer... "Haha fuck you man, I make $5.6 million a year, you don't know me" then he'd throw you violently over his shoulder and tear your pedyalite muscle.

S

Seattlehawk94

I was wondering why would brought up Gatoraid for babies..haha

Reaction score
Lol, dude its not just for babies! That shit is magic!! My boss, former navy pilot aka heavy drinker turned me onto it. After a heavy night of drinking guzzle a bottle of pedyalite (unflavored) right before bed and you're golden. It's got 3 times the electrolytes gatoraide has. I always bring a couple with me when I go camping since that usually entails heavy beer drinking from about 9am to whenever....

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Ballz. I didn't realize the NFL forbid it. I guess it makes sense, though, being that the sale of a team has to be approved.

S

Seattlehawk94

Green Bay will always be only team in 4 major leagues with community ownership...It would drive the price of franchises down if it became a normal thing..

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
How would it drive the prices down? The type of ownership should have little to nothing to do with franchise valuation. Is a privately owned business in any other industry worth more than a publicly owned counterpart? No. It is all about the financials.

S

Seattlehawk94

Because you wouldn't have threats of movement...Holding cities hostage for new stadium revenues drive up franchise values..

S

Seattlehawk94

Locals aren't going to let a team move if they owned them which means teams not publicly owned will always be in play to move more so than now even due to the demand for teams....Then you'd have the TV contract issues, the only reason that the NFL is the way it is is because of people like the Mara's who could make a gold mine but give up TV money to be had for the good of the league..Owners keep it in line...It's easier to get 32 owners united for a common good than 32 teams owned by hundreds of thousands of people each with their own agenda..

S

Seattlehawk94

I like the Packer Way...But it wouldn't work outside of Green Bay people there are all about their team and think nothing about forking over money knowing its a donation..You wouldn't find that here in Seattle.. Shit, people are still bitching and whining about Safeco...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Locals aren't going to let a team move if they owned them which means teams not publicly owned will always be in play to move more so than now even due to the demand for teams....Then you'd have the TV contract issues, the only reason that the NFL is the way it is is because of people like the Mara's who could make a gold mine but give up TV money to be had for the good of the league..Owners keep it in line...It's easier to get 32 owners united for a common good than 32 teams owned by hundreds of thousands of people each with their own agenda..

I agree that a big part of the reason is that it is easier to get 32 owners united. But beyond that, I still am not quite so sure. You assume that only fans would own the team. I am talking a true publicly owned entity. Depending on financial performance, you would attract for more people than just fans. And it would be in the CEO's best interest to maximize the value of the franchise.

Control. That's about it.

S

Seattlehawk94

So not like the Packers then? The Packers profits go right back into the team...If it was an IPO a bunch of invested asshole would expect profits going back to their pockets, and in THAT case they'd be moving left and right because the Patrick Bateman types would always be chasing the highest revenue stream and city at every chance...System is flawed but...Would be better than a bunch of those type of owners...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah a true publicly owned franchise. Not that facade the Packers have going on. Profits do not have to go back into the investors pockets. In fact, they should be reinvested in the business to make it grow. Apple, Google, etc. do not pay anything back to investors for stock.

There are plenty of ways to make it work for the NFL. But as we said above, I think it comes down to control. I also have to wonder how the anti-trust exemptions the NFL has would be affected.

S

Seattlehawk94

Pretty much all of them....And that also who affect the big 4 CBAs and the PAs...

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
IF I had the money, I would buy the team, Keep them in Seattle, and make every Huddle Member, and Family, buy me ONE beer a Season to sit in the Owners Box all Season. Now THAT would be fun. My Son's, and non-Huddle Seahawks Fan member Friends would be there of course.

S

Seattlehawk94

If I had the money, I'd build an NHL/NBA arena south of Safeco and grab two more teams for this burg...

Top Bottom